Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega MV6 handling  (Read 1054 times)

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
Omega MV6 handling
« on: 12 January 2007, 04:52:41 »

Thanks to everyone for reply-ing to my first "hello and welcome" .The advise is welcome,interesting to hear it seams a common problem.

The tyres on these things are huge though arnt they? (its the irmshcer kited one) and was wandering if it could be "tyre creep" following camber etc but anyway im going to demon tweeks today to see how much for full shocks,springs and a geometry check............eeek best not tell the wife.

By the way officer dibble i didnt reach 100 in 3rd the other day..............lol which is why im here,my car pulls cleaner in 4th 3rd seams like it accelerates in stages,up to 3000 ok,then a slight hesitation then it kicks in again whats all that about? is it the cams kicking in? its not the clutch slipping as ive done the normal testes i just take it as a charcter of the engine.......
« Last Edit: 12 January 2007, 05:35:17 by ohmegod »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Omega MV6 handling
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2007, 07:45:45 »

Hello,

Where abouts are you? - There is a place in Watford thats highly recommend, called wheels-in-motion we have a user here by the same name he owns it.

One of our admins MV6 is the set as the base car for Omega's! - If you can take it over there your sure to get it sorted, mentioned this place and you should get a discount.

As for the hesitation, i doubt the breathers and throttle body have been cleaned. Check out the Maintenance Guides section for a how2  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2007, 08:42:49 »

It shouldn't hesitate, thats a classic multiram type symptom....

Bilstein is the recommended suspension setup....not cheap though.

Whats the current mileage?

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2007, 11:40:56 »

Current mileage is 99k,you can trick the hesitation by leaving it in 2nd for longer.Whats "multi ram"?.....sounds expensive.Ive got some pics so ill post them up.Thanks .

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2007, 11:53:55 »

Current mileage is 99k,you can trick the hesitation by leaving it in 2nd for longer.Whats "multi ram"?.....sounds expensive.Ive got some pics so ill post them up.Thanks .

Have a read through this :- http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1153840176
I like red cars

ohmegod

• Mold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2007, 12:06:16 »

Nice one friend,the rpm stages when each one kicks in is exactley what i feel on acceleration.Only noticable in 3rd though none of the other gears.

Thanks again for your help, im off to get my radio decoded now....ill have it sorted soon.Have a look at my pic ive posted.

megaomega123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2007, 16:32:13 »

I had the same "accelerating in stages" symptom. I checked spark plugs and each well was full of oil. Clearly the rocker cover gasket has gone. I wicked out the oil using kitchen roll, wd40 in chambers and lead ends.

This solved the "acceleration in stages" issue for me.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.