Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 - Saga  - FYI  (Read 1466 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 - Saga  - FYI
« Reply #15 on: 18 January 2007, 13:33:57 »

Re the OSR coil spring.  I'd suggest aftermarket: KYB or Sach.  They should be around £30 each.  
Many on here suggest replacing as a pair and VX will only sell as a pair for about £160 or something like that (I sort of stopped listening when I heard one hundred......)

They're fairly easy to change - I think there may be a how to someone.  Certainly there is a thread around on it.  

I proper guide will go up when Marks_DTM and I do mine...
Grumpy old man

mar892ree

• Northampton
  • if it dont undo, hit it wiv an hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 January 2007, 15:46:39 »

EML light been coming on occasionaly for last 6 months with no ill effect. Exhaust been blowing a bit (will be sorted this week) However, last 3-4 weeks car been down on power and will not idle from cold - stalls and seems to mis-fire when driving.
Paid dealer in Glasgow £63 for Tech 2 read out. Came up with P0170 for lean exhaust but could not be 100% as hole in exhaust - quoted £500 plus for exahaust ;D
Anyhoo, said no thanks, picked up car (still running like a pig) and drove home. Took out MAF, got a cotton bud soaked in solvent and wiped the three sensor wires inside MAF (some dirt left on bud) Put MAF back in and started car. Car was cold but idled perfectly. Took for a test drive - drives superb. Wife drove it to work and back yesterday (motorway speeds and around 50-60 miles) no problem. May be a bit early but cleaning wires or maybe just re-connecting MAF in to wiring harness has made a difference.
MOT due Monday, I'll fit new front discs and pads (done them many times on other cars - anything to watch for?) But need new OSR coil spring (broken) - any one know where to go for one?
Other jobs to do soon is replace cam shaft gasket and seals (got oil in #2 plug well) and clean all breather pipes. If anyone has Vauxhall part number for required gaskets for these 2 jobs it would be a big help.
Thanks  - great forum - keep it up :y

Hi mate, if your going to clean out the breathers you might as well have the throttle body off too -  they get really crapped up, underneath and block the little breather hole !

Part No's as requested are :-

engine block breather gasket - 90500571 ( metal tube that bolts to block)
cam cover to cylinder head gasket - 90501944
cam cover bolt O rings  - 90528438 ( 10 off)
throttle body gasket - 90543950

you will also need some of the VX black sealing compound NOT GREEN, but i dont know the number ?
There is a how to on replacing 2.2 cam cover gasket and where to apply the sealant !

Cheers

Mark

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 January 2007, 23:07:28 »

I only have a receipt for the metal gasket at the bottom of the metal pipe connected to the sump - 92067502 at 67p retail.  This is the one my dealer struggled to find ;)  Throttle body gasket easier to locate on PC :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.