Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 (The skate) serious misfire.  (Read 11110 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: C1 (The skate) serious misfire.
« Reply #60 on: 25 March 2024, 20:17:38 »

STRIKE IT DOWN I TELL YOU!!⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Laying a rubber road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26 March 2024, 04:14:41 »

I knew this would be back  >:D

There are a few clues, clearly disturbing things is impacting operation, be it a wiring harness or crud in the system.

It has to be a single item related to a system around a single pot, as otherwise it would randomly be across all pots (so you can rule out pump and the like)

Cat efficiency might be a clue, if an injector was failing you would expect ether loads of fuel, a poor spray pattern (its not direct injection so not going to make a major impact here, it will still evaporate off the back of the inlet valve), or no fuel (which the Cat would not care about), might be worth checking the sparks again

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 March 2024, 07:33:24 »

Yep  :y
Only difference this time is that I stopped at a petrol station after 5 minutes (after which it ran fine) rather than carry on driving for miles.

Bear in mind that, if it detects a misfire, it'll probably shut down the affected cylinder until the next restart.

Is it still cylinder 3 that's misfiring?

I will reiterate that I recently did a lunch hour job replacing 2 out of 3 of the coil packs in a mate's one because they were intermittently tripping a misfire code (and you really notice when you're down a pot on these)!  :D

You swapped the injector before, IIRC? so if it hasn't moved it's probably the plug / coil pack or outside chance some dodgy wiring (it's French, after all), and if it has it's the injector.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 March 2024, 10:25:44 »

Just went out swapped no1 and no3 injectors to see if the code followed the injector.
Started it up and it runs perfectly. Drove it for a couple of miles and its running just as it should.
No EML and no codes.
Can only assume the manky petrol has worked its way through, or now been well enough mixed with the fresh stuff.  :-\

Great result 👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 March 2024, 10:30:05 »

Have swapped plug, stick coil and injector between 1 and 3,  but code stayed at pot 3. The most recent incident though only threw up cat efficiency code .
Maybe because I stopped and put petrol in to bring the fuel level back up, rather than keep driving until I got home.
A mechanic on another forum claims that cylinder specific codes on these arent always accurate and can be taken with a pinch of salt ?
Will have a check of injector wiring, but if that doesnt provide any answers Im going to run the fuel level low again, and then see if I can make some progress with it.
Maybe completely empty and clean out the tank and then start fresh from there.
It isnt a huge problem so far, but pretty irritating, and may get worse until I diagnose it properly.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 27 March 2024, 23:14:38 »

Have swapped plug, stick coil and injector between 1 and 3,  but code stayed at pot 3. The most recent incident though only threw up cat efficiency code .
Maybe because I stopped and put petrol in to bring the fuel level back up, rather than keep driving until I got home.
A mechanic on another forum claims that cylinder specific codes on these arent always accurate and can be taken with a pinch of salt ?
Will have a check of injector wiring, but if that doesnt provide any answers Im going to run the fuel level low again, and then see if I can make some progress with it.
Maybe completely empty and clean out the tank and then start fresh from there.
It isnt a huge problem so far, but pretty irritating, and may get worse until I diagnose it properly.

Which might be why we ended up replacing 2 of them on my colleague's car. And I think he'd already had the third replaced by an AA man...
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28 March 2024, 12:53:12 »

not sure on that model if it uses a supply line to the injectors and then the regulator (if there) sends excess back on a return line or wether its regulated at source and then only has one supply line to the front  ? either way a pressure test is a good idea eventually

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 28 March 2024, 13:53:40 »

Just supply to the rail. No return.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 28 March 2024, 17:43:47 »

Just supply to the rail. No return.

That's where you test the pressure.

There are too many potential causes to fire the parts cannon in the hope you'll hit the target

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 28 March 2024, 23:57:29 »

But how to test it ?  :-\

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 March 2024, 19:13:15 »

if there is no valve to test the pressure from them you will need to 't' into the connector .most pressure guages come with a selection of adapters.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 March 2024, 21:56:25 »

Cheers. Might have to look into doing that.  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 05 April 2024, 14:41:49 »

Just to (hopefully) finish up this one.
I have deliberately run the fuel level down to very low and left it parked up overnight for two nights.
This was expected to make it play silly buggers again, and I would then drain the tank, but it has run perfectly, so have now brimmed the tank.
I can only assume the can of petrol I tipped in the tank just before the problems started, was contaminated in some way and has now been completely used up.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05 April 2024, 18:12:44 »

Ahh happy ending for a change 👍
Laying a rubber road.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05 April 2024, 19:22:38 »

it all sounds very likely especially if the car had never experienced any issues at all untill you put the can of fuel in it.  modern fuel doesnt keep very well compared to what it used to .
i remember draining the tankof a car  that i hadnt used for a few years and tried to use the fuel up by putting just one can in a car with half a tank of current fuel in it. it was definately a bit jerky afterwards for a while ?   
time will tell !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.