Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.0ltr Manual Omega for sale  (Read 5012 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
3.0ltr Manual Omega for sale
« on: 12 June 2012, 20:13:38 »

Here we have my beloved Omega 3.0ltr Elite, which is a reluctant sale.I have done a lot to this car over the two and a half years I have owned her, as you can see from the picture's this is a 1998 model Omega with a facelift. I have removed the old bumpers front and rear and replaced with facelift bumpers, facelift bonnet and slam panel, facelift door moldings and facelift door mirrors all colour coded to the car. I have also lowered the car by 40mm which also sits on 18" rims and fitted with an after market 5" back box. I have also fitted blue led puddle lights (as you can see in the pics) I have removed the old cast iron manifolds and replaced them with stainless steel manifolds from a 3.2 omega with steal gaskets (which don't blow), the air con pipe work and rad with the fans has been removed which makes the car lighter. the plenum has been painted anthricite, cam covers have been painted red. The calipers have been painted red and blue which makes the calipers stand out. With the different body panels fitted to this car it does make it very unique and I have not seen or know of another Omega like this.

I had this car professionaly resprayed last year and the bodywork is in immaculate condition for the year.

The cambelt and rollers + water pump were replaced two years ago so they don't need replacing again until 2014 or 25,000 miles so you can tell I have only done 15,000 miles since they were done. Both head gaskets have also been done again 2 years ago at the same time as the cambelt etc. I have spent a lot of money on this car and stands me over £3000 BUT I know I will not get this back. This car also has had oil changes every 3000 miles since I have owned it and will have another oil change for the winning bidder. The Mot runs out 01/2013 tax runs out 30/06/2012. The last Mot she had showed no advisories and went straight through the MOT so I know you will have no problems getting it through next year. Tinted windows front and rear doors but not on the rear screen.

I have this listed elsewhere so have the right to remove if sold elsewhere.

The Bad points

The temp gauge doesn't work but I have installed a plasma dial temp gauge which works well.
The rear leather seats have a couple of small tears in them.

I am looking in the region of £1000 ovno

If admin want to change the link to CLICK HERE that would be fine
« Last Edit: 13 June 2012, 08:26:15 by Jimbob »
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0ltr Manual Omega for sale
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2012, 21:03:32 »

Sorry, mate, regardless of whether it is the full URL, or a condensed 'click here' - I'm pretty sure the rules of the forum state no links to your own ebay auctions :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2012, 23:04:50 »

Guide lines actually say;

Absolutely no links to your Ebay auctions, or Ebay auction numbers, or direct or indirect links to other places where it is advertised.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

dazzerM

• Reading
  • Mokka 1.7CDTI, BMW 120D Shadow (It’s a work car)
    • Which ones closest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2012, 17:54:01 »

Guide lines actually say;

Absolutely no links to your Ebay auctions, or Ebay auction numbers, or direct or indirect links to other places where it is advertised.

Thanks for pointing this out
Darren

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2012, 19:25:22 »

Here we have my beloved Omega 3.0ltr Elite, which is a reluctant sale.I have done a lot to this car over the two and a half years I have owned her, as you can see from the picture's this is a 1998 model Omega with a facelift. I have removed the old bumpers front and rear and replaced with facelift bumpers, facelift bonnet and slam panel, facelift door moldings and facelift door mirrors all colour coded to the car. I have also lowered the car by 40mm which also sits on 18" rims and fitted with an after market 5" back box. I have also fitted blue led puddle lights (as you can see in the pics) I have removed the old cast iron manifolds and replaced them with stainless steel manifolds from a 3.2 omega with steal gaskets (which don't blow), the air con pipe work and rad with the fans has been removed which makes the car lighter. the plenum has been painted anthricite, cam covers have been painted red. The calipers have been painted red and blue which makes the calipers stand out. With the different body panels fitted to this car it does make it very unique and I have not seen or know of another Omega like this.

I had this car professionaly resprayed last year and the bodywork is in immaculate condition for the year.

The cambelt and rollers + water pump were replaced two years ago so they don't need replacing again until 2014 or 25,000 miles so you can tell I have only done 15,000 miles since they were done. Both head gaskets have also been done again 2 years ago at the same time as the cambelt etc. I have spent a lot of money on this car and stands me over £3000 BUT I know I will not get this back. This car also has had oil changes every 3000 miles since I have owned it and will have another oil change for the winning bidder. The Mot runs out 01/2013 tax runs out 30/06/2012. The last Mot she had showed no advisories and went straight through the MOT so I know you will have no problems getting it through next year. Tinted windows front and rear doors but not on the rear screen.

I have this listed elsewhere so have the right to remove if sold elsewhere.

The Bad points

The temp gauge doesn't work but I have installed a plasma dial temp gauge which works well.
The rear leather seats have a couple of small tears in them.

I am looking in the region of £1000 ovno

If admin want to change the link to CLICK HERE that would be fine

Get some nice pictures posted up Paul :y

Good luck with the Sale.

Daz :)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2012, 21:05:22 »

Cheers daz, will try to get them up shortly.

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 June 2012, 21:42:05 »

As requested a few pics.

Hope this is enough pics for you
Thanks for looking

x25dt

• Omega Knight
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2012, 19:53:23 »

Looks tidy mate  :y

ted_one

« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2012, 12:58:19 »

Yep seen it close up a few times,it's been done really nice :y

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2012, 20:44:29 »

My mig is now not for sale, I have decided to keep her now.

Admin could you please lock this thread.

Thank you

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2012, 20:56:55 »

Locking at OP's request
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.