Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: limp home mode  (Read 3131 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: limp home mode
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2007, 19:03:23 »

Yes I too have problems with the car turning over a few times before it starts, sometimes it wont let me have sports mode so I have to switch off and then its starts first time and drives superb.

I still have EML on all the time due to the P0700 and occasionally P1700 pending codes, i disconnected the Transmission ECU last weekend and the light went off so I think it could be a faulty ECU.

Will keep u all infomed on whether the new coil pack does the job.

Everyone tells me to get rid of the car, but I love the Omega and i know its faults now, if I swapped it I could watse money on buying another nightmare car and just start spending all over again.

I have spent a lot on the Omega but I couldn't afford another one so its money well spent I think!

Cheers
Jonny

You could try and chat up a certain Admin who lives in Notts. to see if he will have a look at it for you....

Good idea AA  :y

I asked about the bad starting for a reason......coz mine does it from time to time from hot still  >:(

Sometimes it will crank over for a good 5 secs before starting....no EML or limp mode and i dont get any codes apart from P0700 or P1700......ive just accepted it.... :'(

JONNYWAKEY

• Bilsthorpe Nottinghamshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2007, 17:10:28 »

My meega is the same!

OMG! I removed the coil pack yesterday and to my horror the plug wells were full to the top with oil, no water at all!

Removed rocker cover, plugs and cleaned and degreased all mating surfaces and installed new rubber gasket to rocker cover (including o rings to bolts). Old gasket was non-existent!(Cause of oil influx I hope)

New coil pack arrives in the morning so I will fit that and job should be a good un!

Took the opportunity to clean the breathers at the same time.

Car should run a lot better now.  Will update this post tomorrow when up & running again (fingers crossed)

Cheers

Jonny

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #17 on: 20 February 2007, 06:42:27 »

My meega is the same!

OMG! I removed the coil pack yesterday and to my horror the plug wells were full to the top with oil, no water at all!

Removed rocker cover, plugs and cleaned and degreased all mating surfaces and installed new rubber gasket to rocker cover (including o rings to bolts). Old gasket was non-existent!(Cause of oil influx I hope)

New coil pack arrives in the morning so I will fit that and job should be a good un!

Took the opportunity to clean the breathers at the same time.

Car should run a lot better now.  Will update this post tomorrow when up & running again (fingers crossed)

Cheers

Jonny

Sounds like you have found the prob  :y

You did use the black goo didnt you?

And also double check the 2 rubber lobes of the gasket at the rear are in ok.....i found one to be a pain and kept dropping of the cover just as i was about the refit it.....i ended up glueing it in with the black goo and letting it go off a bit before fitting the cover.

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 February 2007, 18:00:48 »

Guys

Thanks for all the advice, new coil pack installed, bit of smoke at first but okay now, car seems to be running okay.

Just the P0700 DTC to get rid of now, selling code reader and going laptop based for my diagnostics now, will let me view live data so Taxi, if u read this, I may find an end to the P1700 & P0700.     Fingers crossed.

Cheers again Website is first class!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2007, 18:24:54 »

Guys

Thanks for all the advice, new coil pack installed, bit of smoke at first but okay now, car seems to be running okay.

Just the P0700 DTC to get rid of now, selling code reader and going laptop based for my diagnostics now, will let me view live data so Taxi, if u read this, I may find an end to the P1700 & P0700.     Fingers crossed.

Cheers again Website is first class!

Cool  :y Bit of smoke will be normal....if you let the oil fall in to the cylinders and nothing to worry about.....

What diagnostic tool have you got instead of code reader??

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 February 2007, 18:27:34 »

I am purchasing laptop software from the following website, they are really helpfull.
I hade a Autoxray codescout 1500 which i have sold on ebay, now buying new software from:-

www.gendan.co.uk

Check them out!

Cheers

Jonny

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #21 on: 20 February 2007, 18:39:10 »

I am purchasing laptop software from the following website, they are really helpfull.
I hade a Autoxray codescout 1500 which i have sold on ebay, now buying new software from:-

www.gendan.co.uk

Check them out!

Cheers

Jonny

Seems a bit pricey.....but let us know how you get on with it  :y

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 February 2007, 18:41:56 »

www.gendan.co.uk

Check them out!

Cheers

Jonny

You will need the ELM based [ELM327] interface to go with it.
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 February 2007, 19:26:24 »

Guys

Have received my Engine check software and ELM327 interface and have cleared my EML at last, have checked the P1700 DTC and its not listed on TIS system!, must be a spurious fault.

Car driving really well now touch wood, no lights on at all (for now anyway).

Thanks for advice on all posts, will keep u all updated on progress.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 February 2007, 19:33:39 »

P1700 is the 'another system has requested limp' code.  It means another system thinks it has had a problem, and has requested reduced power from engine.

However, experience suggests that it may be cam sensor, esp if 2.2

And it is in TIS ;)
Grumpy old man

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 February 2007, 19:38:11 »

thanks "The Boy"

Thats interesting what you say about another system causing P1700, I may try changing cam sensor again, only had new one last sept!

Where in TIS is this referred to ? I have TIS2000

By the way, find it strange that in Dec, car went in to vauxhall to have gearbox ecu flashed, cruise enabled and they couldnt cancel EML (CAR / SPANNER) light!

How come I have managed to clear it using 3rd party software! dont trust vaxhall!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 February 2007, 19:43:13 »

thanks "The Boy"

Thats interesting what you say about another system causing P1700, I may try changing cam sensor again, only had new one last sept!

Where in TIS is this referred to ? I have TIS2000

By the way, find it strange that in Dec, car went in to vauxhall to have gearbox ecu flashed, cruise enabled and they couldnt cancel EML (CAR / SPANNER) light!

How come I have managed to clear it using 3rd party software! dont trust vaxhall!
Listed under DTCs in Checking Procedure - pick non guided, and DTCs are always listed in B01. In this case you won't get any useful info from TIS though...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 February 2007, 19:44:20 »

Either, the fault was actually present when they attempted it (in which case, why didn't they fix it?), or they are muppets.
« Last Edit: 25 February 2007, 19:45:00 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #28 on: 25 February 2007, 19:49:13 »

P1700 is the 'another system has requested limp' code.  It means another system thinks it has had a problem, and has requested reduced power from engine.

However, experience suggests that it may be cam sensor, esp if 2.2

And it is in TIS ;)

Not sure about that myself  :-/ as i still get P0700 and P1700 and was getting P0340 until i got the cam sensor changed......i dont get limp mode anymore  :) .....but still get 700 and 1700  :( but im just living with it as it doesnt cause me probs.

But do agree with TB tho 1700 is in TIS......not that i have it myself you understand.....TB told me  ;)

JONNYWAKEY

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 March 2007, 19:47:09 »

Guys

Thought i would update you on the latest with my meega!

Since replacing coil pack and new cam gasket, car has been driving really well!

No pending or stored faults and finally EML free at last! Hope this lasts!

Software and interface from Gendan.co.uk works a treat and is very useful, funny how this software cleared all DTC and Vauxhall dealer couldn't clear them ! (Plonkers)

Anyway, car is still driving fine but two weeks on I have found a small amount of clear water in plug well 1 & 3, think thats right! (One nearest cambelt and next but one!) I am panickin that the head gasket is on its way out now!  No Mayo in rocker cover area though!

Any thoughts?  If its from scuttle, how come its only in a couple of wells?

Could it be condensation ?

Would appreciate some advice.........again.

Many thanks

Jonny
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.