Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel Pump to Fuel Tank Seal  (Read 664 times)

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
Fuel Pump to Fuel Tank Seal
« on: 21 March 2007, 16:13:54 »

Not sure if anyone would have done this already, just wondering how hard this is to change?

Don't know how many of you saw in a couple of other threads about this, but the story goes:

Take day off work to drive to SLady bitshorpe to get new elite wheels, go to Sainsburys to fill up FULL for the first time.  £35 in and its flooding out from under the car, and I do mean flooding - like a waterfall!  Sainsburys staff want to call firebrigade, but managed to subdue them by getting handy with A LOT of sand - its all still coming out everywhere, now a lake of fuel on the forecourt!

Managed to push it off the forecourt with the help of a guy in his suit on his way to work (bet he was happy)..  AA comes out and takes carpet out of the boot, removes the circular metal plate to access the top of the tank, as thats where it looks like its leaking from.  Sure enough its bubbling out all over the place from the circlular plastic thing that you turn with both hands - it might has well have not been on there its so loose!!

Tightened up, but it still leaks - and now I can't put more than £20 in a time just in case!

What do you reckon?  Is it normal for a seal to corrode and this thing to come loose, seemed bloody odd to me and the AA chap.. Anything I should know when I attempt to change it (besides no smoking ;) )

Cheers,

Chris.
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Pump to Fuel Tank Seal
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2007, 17:16:02 »

Well.....the tanks plastic so I would of said, pop the sender/float setup out, clean the metal flange up well, clean the plastic face on the tank....then re-fit with a new seal......dont use silicon or it will get into the fuel and you will have gorilla snot in the fuel lines!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.