Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jessops added to the list of people who piss me off  (Read 3370 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Jessops added to the list of people who piss me off
« on: 08 June 2020, 18:44:33 »

As next day delivery obviously does not mean next day delivery.

So call them, go straight into an IVR. All possible options end in a "We are not taking calls".

Online chat then, as they recommend it and they are showing online, so enter war and peace with all the details and references, to get automated immediate reply, "we are not doing online chat"

So email then.  Autoresponder saying they "normally" reply in 24hrs.  Are they classing current situations as normally? Or do I have to wait a week to find out where the parcel they should have sent last week is?

Its over £100, so the credit card company can deal if nothing in a day or 2...
Grumpy old man

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Jessops added to the list of people who piss me off
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2020, 19:13:15 »

I think I saw something on the new the other day, something is happening that causes places to be short staffed,

you may have seen it :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2020, 19:49:34 »

Me thinks you need to give this online shopping malarkey up, as it doesn't agree with you :),.

Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2020, 20:22:33 »

So call them, go straight into an IVR. All possible options end in a "We are not taking calls".

Online chat then, as they recommend it and they are showing online, so enter war and peace with all the details and references, to get automated immediate reply, "we are not doing online chat"

So email then.  Autoresponder saying they "normally" reply in 24hrs.  Are they classing current situations as normally? Or do I have to wait a week to find out where the parcel they should have sent last week is?

You can't start a section 75 until you've spoken to the vendor.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2020, 23:05:42 »

I think I saw something on the new the other day, something is happening that causes places to be short staffed,

What boils my piss though is that almost no big company is upfront about the fact they aren't providing the services they advertise. I really don't care if it takes a company longer to ship stuff in the current conditions, but don't take the money for premium shipping and then fail to provide the service.  >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2020, 23:35:47 »

Don't pay the premium then...  ::)

If something gives a date with free postage or an extra £5 to possibly save a day, then don't bother... If it takes a week off, then the extra maybe worth something.

Also worth checking the seller's return address on ebay... If it's in China, then you're probably better off spending a couple of quid more knowing that you've half a chance of getting issues sorted (PayPal and eBay bullshit procedures/incompetence notwithstanding).
Onanists always think outside the box.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 June 2020, 09:45:43 »

According to their social media page, you are not alone - nothing has been despatched since April.
I like red cars

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2020, 12:20:38 »

If something gives a date with free postage or an extra £5 to possibly save a day, then don't bother... If it takes a week off, then the extra maybe worth something.

Whether or not its worth paying for premium delivery has nothing to do with a company advertising a service and then not providing it.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2020, 12:37:10 »

Whether or not its worth paying for premium delivery has nothing to do with a company advertising a service and then not providing it.
The virus is being used by a lot of companies as an excuse to provide the same shitty service that they always provided. I'm pretty sure the banks, insurance companies, etc. could get a number of staff back into the offices and answering the phones. How long do these people think they can continue hiding behind 'the virus'.
Amazon and, I'm sure, others have continued almost as normal. We have been getting next day deliveries right the way through, a godsend when others are telling us a week, a month, whenever.  They can blame Royal Mail if they want to, but our deliveries from them have been spot on too.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 June 2020, 18:43:59 »

We're 2 months in.  They could have changed the site to include some sort of notice.  They could have put on their site where you get the phone number that its currently unmanned. Or even at the start of the IVR "Press any button you like, there is nobody here", rather than go through all the menus before getting the piss-off pill.  They could also update the site to disable or offline the chat, saving customers time and frustration. And the emailo autoresponder that it currently is taking X days to respond, not 24hrs (no response yet).

As it is, I ordered an item, not exactly cheap either, with next day delivery, as they gave no impression whatsoever that their were any delays. And the first I knew it had all gone Pete Tong is that my credit card has had the money taken, but the item is not here when promised.

And I don't think I'm unreasonable to expect they won't fulfil what they say they will.  In the first 2 or 3 weeks of this small sniffle thing, yeah, but we are 10 weeks down the line.

There is no excuse. They are inept wankstains.  Which is probably how they managed to go tits up last time around.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 June 2020, 19:14:14 »

And breathe...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 June 2020, 19:50:54 »

And the dilemma - I need for the weekend. So do I sit, wait and hope? Or buy another from elsewhere?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 09 June 2020, 19:52:47 »

And the dilemma - I need for the weekend. So do I sit, wait and hope? Or buy another from elsewhere?
Will elsewhere deliver by the weekend? If so, why didn't you buy it there in the first place?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 June 2020, 19:56:45 »

Will elsewhere deliver by the weekend? If so, why didn't you buy it there in the first place?
A few claim next day delivery, though won't get posted until tomorrow.  But all these are companies I'm not that familiar with, hence went with Jessops last week.

The usual places I would get these in the UK are stating out of stock.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 09 June 2020, 19:59:30 »

A few claim next day delivery, though won't get posted until tomorrow.  But all these are companies I'm not that familiar with, hence went with Jessops last week.

The usual places I would get these in the UK are stating out of stock.
You pays your money......lots of it, by the sound of things  :-\

Still, we get to laugh at you if neither of them arrive. That's got to be worth something, surely?  :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.