Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Crank Sensor Failure  (Read 19104 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Crank Sensor Failure
« Reply #60 on: 27 June 2021, 14:40:11 »

I have just noted that I have ordered a Bosch Crankshaft Pulse Sensor.

Whilst going through numerous online sites, I have seen that other are shown as RPM ones.

What the hell is the difference?

I have ordered mine using all the correct reference numbers, so is there anything for me to worry about please?

This is beginning to get like a stupid nightmare!! :o :o :o

As for Autodoc, I have gone to Trust Pilot and found there is no complaint about the quality of parts (aspart from one about a substition), but terrible comments about the length of time to receive par!! ::) ::)ts ordered!!
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 14:42:20 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 27 June 2021, 14:56:20 »

..............so, after all that, can I ask if anyone can recommend a genuine parts supplier for the Bosch part that has a great track record on here for delivery / quality of part please? ??? ??? ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 27 June 2021, 15:08:42 »

I have now found another online site that has far better reviews ; sparepartstore24.uk.com ; that has better reviews and has the Bosch version in stock for s sensible price.

Any views please on this company?

I may well order the part from them also and see which one arrives first to fit.  The I will return the slowest arriving part! :D :D ;)

UPDATE:  I have now made the decision to order the part from that company as well.  That way I can compare the 'genuine' quality of the product, and have the item one way or another as quick as possible.  The losing part will be returned.

Win win I hope! ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 15:15:04 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 27 June 2021, 15:59:49 »

Your best course of action (given the amount of over thinking you are applying to this) would be to take it in to Vauxhall and have them supply and fit the correct sensor.

That way, regardless of what they fit, if it lasts less tgan a year, then they're obliged to replace it.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2021, 16:02:05 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 27 June 2021, 16:01:56 »

Stop pissing around online. Find a local Bosch distributor, and ask them :)

Autodoc implied something was genuine to me, but it was a cheap Chinese clone part.  Thats why I know its quite hard to find an address for them, I have looked ;).

Now for most parts, it is at most an inconvenience and a bit of wasted cash, so does it really matter?  But for a V6 crank sensor, it becomes a major inconvenience, depending where it lets you down.

Both of my "terminal" v6 crank sensor failures had different symptoms.  The first one, in France, would allow me to do 2 - 4 miles before failing again, and needing to cool down.  Sadly, Dijon to Brackley was too far to nurse it, so that was a major PITA to et the car repatriated.  The 2nd was a complete failure at the NEC, and it just wouldn't start.  Fortunately, I carried a spare after France, so quickly changed it and drove home.  Had I not had one, that would have been a relay recovery.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 27 June 2021, 16:04:50 »

Your best course of action (given the amount of over thinking you are applying to this) would be to take it in to Vauxhall and have them supply and fit the correct sensor.

That way, regardless of what they fit, if it lasts less tgan a year, then they're obliged to replace it.

But, as  said, they cannot supply the Vx sensor.

But they have quoted me a price to fit the one I supply............£295!!!.................but maybe cheaper if they take a shorter time doing it! :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)

No, I'll do it myself! :D :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 27 June 2021, 16:06:18 »

Stop pissing around online. Find a local Bosch distributor, and ask them :)

Autodoc implied something was genuine to me, but it was a cheap Chinese clone part.  Thats why I know its quite hard to find an address for them, I have looked ;).

Now for most parts, it is at most an inconvenience and a bit of wasted cash, so does it really matter?  But for a V6 crank sensor, it becomes a major inconvenience, depending where it lets you down.

Both of my "terminal" v6 crank sensor failures had different symptoms.  The first one, in France, would allow me to do 2 - 4 miles before failing again, and needing to cool down.  Sadly, Dijon to Brackley was too far to nurse it, so that was a major PITA to et the car repatriated.  The 2nd was a complete failure at the NEC, and it just wouldn't start.  Fortunately, I carried a spare after France, so quickly changed it and drove home.  Had I not had one, that would have been a relay recovery.

I am following up the leads given to me by Andy H, but so far I have not made contact. ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 27 June 2021, 16:13:15 »

I am following up the leads given to me by Andy H, but so far I have not made contact. ;)

Why not try it the old fashioned way?

Look in your yellow pages for motor factors, and if the adverts don't claim to be Bosch dealers phone and ask them. That might cost you a few quid more than buying online from Sid's Carparts and Beauty Supplies online, but it's less of a gamble.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 27 June 2021, 16:14:30 »

Why not try it the old fashioned way?

Look in your yellow pages for motor factors, and if the adverts don't claim to be Bosch dealers phone and ask them. That might cost you a few quid more than buying online from Sid's Carparts and Beauty Supplies online, but it's less of a gamble.

I am trying all approaches at the same time, and have a Canterbury number for a Bosch dealer to phone tomorrow :y :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 27 June 2021, 16:29:43 »

But they have quoted me a price to fit the one I supply............£295!!!.................but maybe cheaper if they take a shorter time doing it! :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)

No, I'll do it myself! :D :D ;)
You completely missed my point.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 27 June 2021, 16:35:59 »

£295 for ten minutes work!  :o
Five minutes if done to dealer standards ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 27 June 2021, 16:39:03 »

But if they supply a hookie sensor then they get to keep replacing it until it works long enough to last their liability period.  ;)

Not to mention the time saving we spend smacking our heads against the wall...

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 27 June 2021, 16:57:44 »

Yep, that is what I now think after asking questions about doing the work.  My dealer sometimes worries me when they come up with prices - two hours work they reckoned - they are having a giraffe!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 27 June 2021, 17:00:38 »

But if they supply a hookie sensor then they get to keep replacing it until it works long enough to last their liability period.  ;)

Not to mention the time saving we spend smacking our heads against the wall...

Yes, thanks DG, I do understand that but no way is it going into their garage on the bassis of a quote like that!  They cannot know what they are talking about, which is now common when it comes to some issues with our out of production, 'old' cars! ::) ::) ;)

I can and will do the job myself once I get the sensor, one way or another ;D ;D ;D :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 27 June 2021, 17:02:43 »

Just cancelled the online order with sparepartstore24.co.uk after I did some checking of the confirmatory order details and found they have really the same name as Autodoc based in Germany  The buggers!!! >:( >:(

Yep, I see what you mean TB, along with others! ::) ::) ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.