Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customer Services  (Read 1086 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Customer Services
« on: 25 January 2022, 10:57:53 »

Not really into loyalty cards, but found out I had a Nectar card.  Couldnt log into my old card account so orded a new card & key  thing, got points tranfered from old to new card (all 35 of them.) :y

Card arrived, re registered as required and  . . . . . . . no acess, so on to customer services, umpteen messages etc then just cut off. :-X

Tried again to speak to someone, got to the point of speaking to a human just to get cut off. . . . anyways got that session sorted. :y

So checked my points to see if my Argos points were added to find nothing added. checked the activity statement, fuel & ebay points added instantly.

Back to customer services, same performance as last time (cut off twice) AGGGGGHHHHH :-\

Constantly talked over, asked a question by them and talked of whilst trying to reply.
Ask them a question and no responce.
Asked to speak to a manager to get total silence.

What is the point of them when they are no help at all. :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Services
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2022, 10:58:48 »

Started with 35 points.

ended withe 2566 points. 8)

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2022, 11:37:04 »

Bargain👍
Laying a rubber road.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2022, 11:52:44 »

Nectar points value is absolute shite imo.
I had a load from over a good number of years,  and when redeemed at Argos, I couldn't believe how little they were worth.
Don't expect to retire on them.... :D
Might get the equivalent of two portions of fish and chips for your 2566 points... :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2022, 12:04:07 »

2,566 points
That's at least £12.83 to spend
Updated less than a minute ago

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2022, 12:05:04 »

If I can get Petrol thats nearly 2 gallons in the tank
 ::)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2022, 12:05:55 »

Then I get 12 more points :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2022, 12:07:24 »

I think both the Nectar & Argos customer services are all from thePhillipiens - can hardly understand a word they say. :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2022, 12:38:23 »

I must say that I am a Sainsbury's shopper of decades, and have had a Nectar Card since they first came out.  Never had a problem with the Card, the points which I accumulate and pay for Christmas foods with, let alone other things during the year, nor their Customer Services when I have had to contact them.

As for Argos points, you have to link your card online to acquire them.  Useful addition to my Nectar points savings, for product that is at good prices, and something for nothing after all.  At least you get the points, unlike many other retailers.

They are what they are, just as Green Shield Stamps were, some small reward for shopping at those retailers that adds up to give you  good discount over the year that has a cash value :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2022, 13:05:44 »

Skruntie......do you find you have a lot of time on your hands? ::)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2022, 13:55:39 »

Most points cards have dwindled to very little return these days. Many gave reasonable returns, such as Morrisons. Over the year, by saving the £5 vouchers, it went a long way towards the Christmas food shop, then they started putting a redeemption by date on, before scrapping them altogether claiming the prices are now lower. Vouchers in your hand are 'worth more' in your mind than 1p or 2p off here and there. Tesco Clubcard give better points and rewards / money off discounts at the moment, and the vouchers can be used with fuel, whereas Morrison didn't.
It's all a small return in reality, but its a good feeling when a 'free?' voucher turns up.
Remember the old Tiger Tokens with Esso in the 90's? With the fuel I was buying at the time with both personal use and through work, they were great with very good 'gifts', some of which I still have today...
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2022, 15:15:04 »

Skruntie......do you find you have a lot of time on your hands? ::)

far too much ::)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2022, 15:17:58 »

I must say that I am a Sainsbury's shopper of decades, and have had a Nectar Card since they first came out.  Never had a problem with the Card, the points which I accumulate and pay for Christmas foods with, let alone other things during the year, nor their Customer Services when I have had to contact them.

As for Argos points, you have to link your card online to acquire them.  Useful addition to my Nectar points savings, for product that is at good prices, and something for nothing after all.  At least you get the points, unlike many other retailers.

They are what they are, just as Green Shield Stamps were, some small reward for shopping at those retailers that adds up to give you  good discount over the year that has a cash value :y

It should have carried over from the acc number changes, Ebay worked fine, just a hiccup with the Argos, but all sorted. :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2022, 16:03:44 »

We did pretty well from Nectar points. One weekend a year Sainsburys have (or had ?) a promotion where the points are worth double and you can spend them on anything in store apart from food and most of the alcohol.
Our local store is huge, with household and clothing sections and swmbo would spend over £5000 a year in there, plus the points from petrol, Argos, Ebay and more from entering some numbers from the back page of the Daily Wail every day.
Consequently, we would save them up for the "double up" event and get several hundred quids worth of stuff for £0.00.
Since lockdown started though, and the need for having the food delivered, she had discovered Waitrose and the quality of the food.
I dont think she will be shopping anywhere else in future if she can help it
They arent cheap, but the food is superb.
Anyone know where I can find a second job on my days off ?  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2022, 16:27:38 »

With Nectar and Sainsbury's it should also be said that if you have loaded the Nectar App on your mobile phone you will see the Nectar Prices that are available when using the card in store, and I believe on line as well.

Some very good savings of up to 30% :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2022, 17:07:36 »

Just another way of monitoring what you buy. I get the occasional £2.50 off but since they halved the value of the points i don't really bother that much.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2022, 23:47:28 »

I shop at the Co-Op a bit. Scan my card every time, and then now and again asks me if I want to deduct cash from the amount to be paid. Very straight foward.

Tesco, waste of time. "Clubcard Price" vs the over inflated price.

Lidl. Totally failed to make sense of it. Vouchers for money off stuff that I don't want.

I have a nectors card (in several pieces) but with no Sainsburys anywhere near, pretty useless.

I used to like the schemes that were linked to Airmiles (Tesco, Shell). But all a bit crap now and not worth it.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2022, 01:53:39 »

I shop at the Co-Op a bit. Scan my card every time, and then now and again asks me if I want to deduct cash from the amount to be paid. Very straight foward.

Lidl. Totally failed to make sense of it. Vouchers for money off stuff that I don't want.

I have a nectors card (in several pieces) but with no Sainsburys anywhere near, pretty useless.

I used to like the schemes that were linked to Airmiles (Tesco, Shell). But all a bit crap now and not worth it.

Not used Tesco for a while but on some larger items they are worth keeping an eye on.

Example the other week.  24 x Pepsi Max

Tesco (Club card) £6 :y  No card £8

Iceland online £8 (instore 3x24 for £21)

Asda £8.50

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2022, 09:50:48 »

Not used Tesco for a while but on some larger items they are worth keeping an eye on.

Example the other week.  24 x Pepsi Max

Tesco (Club card) £6 :y  No card £8

Iceland online £8 (instore 3x24 for £21)

Asda £8.50

I do my weekly shop in Tesco. If there is something that I want but they're selling it cheaper to Clubcard holders then I don't buy it >:(. Instead I go to the local Asda where they usually have the same thing for the "Clubcard" price. So that's around £40 per month that Tesco don't get from me - usually Rioja. Every little helps  :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2022, 16:32:25 »

I convert my Clubcard points in restaurant vouchers, £10 worth =£30 to spend on a scran , Zizi lasagne usually  :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.