Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!  (Read 7002 times)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!
« Reply #45 on: 28 January 2015, 02:38:54 »

Come on guys - altho tend to agree with James in that his original comments were obvious and well known to all but the dimmest of people.  There was no need for personal abuse as a reply!  Seems we have yet another pedantic keyboard warrior on the forum - engage brain before typing abuse mate!! >:(
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28 January 2015, 02:40:45 »

Not entirely true, as we have other acquaintances

True, thinking about it, it was spotting said acquaintance that made me come out and say hi

Anyhow, unless there's anything more you really want to discuss, I think we've made our points, shall we draw a line under this, and go and argue about cam cover differences on another thread? ;D :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28 January 2015, 02:44:43 »

True, thinking about it, it was spotting said acquaintance that made me come out and say hi

Anyhow, unless there's anything more you really want to discuss, I think we've made our points, shall we draw a line under this, and go and argue about cam cover differences on another thread? ;D :y
Really, going over there now, before that get nuked as well.  ;D ;D :D :D

05omegav6

« Reply #48 on: 28 January 2015, 02:51:24 »

Of course, we both only know one person...  ::) ;D

Agree to disagree it is then... btw F e k w i t is the name of someone on the online poker circuit according to google...

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 January 2015, 02:58:37 »

Of course, we both only know one person...  ::) ;D

Agree to disagree it is then... btw F e k w i t is the name of someone on the online poker circuit according to google...

You know what I mean, I just meant it's via the one chap I happened to meet you  :P

Well you've definitely got me wrong then, I've never played poker without losing ;D

PLANETNZ

• Christchurch New Zealand
    • 2000 CD 2.5 x25xe 80000km
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 January 2015, 06:38:33 »

anyone in your position should be well aware of the burden of responsibility which comes with that position. That is not to judge you because of that position, but rather the shortsightedness of the post itself.

Ultimately, would you have been so concerned had I said  "I left my keys on the seat so I chucked a bloody great brick through my windscreen to get them" ?

To me, what I said was so general and vague, there isn't much difference :y
Big difference between breaking into a car with the intention of not damaging anything and putting a brick through a window, as well you know, regardless of how someone else might interpret it.

Your position here wasn't the one to which I was referring, as well you know, but even if it were, the principle is the same...

And that same principle is why I took exception to Planet NZs recent repeat of his first post...
« Last Edit: 28 January 2015, 06:42:40 by PLANETNZ »

PLANETNZ

• Christchurch New Zealand
    • 2000 CD 2.5 x25xe 80000km
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 January 2015, 06:44:53 »

Mate! We are talking about 20 year old plus cars here! (plus or Minus a few years)

Are there Gangs of theives wandering around the UK specifically reading these posts (here) looking to steal all our Omegas!??? 
I think the origional post was a simple question "how to retrieve a set of key locked in a car boot" with MINIMUm damage!?  whats wrong with that!?

Most responces were said in good Faith, some just ...not.

Personally My own response to this post was based only ÖN MY OWN EXPERIANCE, I have done exactly the same and yet I get grief here for passing this on: including telling me it doesnt work! IVE DONE IT!

Hell i leave mine open down here half the time (NZ, other side of the planet) and even though there are less than 20 Omegas in the whole country, Nobody whats to steal it and if they did nothing is going to stop them anyway!

I joined this site many years ago for the simple reason of sharing this sort of information, if I handnt i would have scraped mine years ago, Its only with THIS sort of information from you guys thats kept my car on the road!

We have waaaaay to much BS and PC #% here and On this Planet in general im sure its the same up there with you guys!?.

Stop this "Keyboard warrior" cr@p, if you dont like whats being said, stop moaning and just turn off the TV!..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.