Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Emergency - VBOA Sywell this weekend.  (Read 3026 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Emergency - VBOA Sywell this weekend.
« on: 29 June 2021, 21:52:31 »

Scoffers is closed >:( I'll starve to death  :o

My normal route is A43 past Oxford, up the M40 for a bit, then Brackley, Silverstone and up to Northampton, then A45 to Scoffers, where I supplement my normal Muesli, Yogurt and OJ portion with 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 3 eggs, Black Pudding, Beans, Tomato, Mushroom, Fried Bread, a couple of slices of toast all washed down with 2 or 3 coffees.

If Scoffers is no more, anyone local got any suggestions? Super Sausage down the A5 is a bit out of the way, but if needs must.

Also this will be Sunday - probably between 8 and 9am assuming my alarm clock goes off.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency - VBOA Sywell this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2021, 19:36:08 »

Just make sure you dont clean the car mate. You know what happens when you do that ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2021, 18:28:23 »

There is Jacks Hill Cafe on the roundabout on the A5.  But to be perfectly honest, the Super Sausage is much, much better, unless you want to smell of grease for days, and have a heart attack ;D

Soz, don't know of any decent cafes around Northampton.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2021, 13:53:19 »

Scoffers is closed >:( I'll starve to death  :o

My normal route is A43 past Oxford, up the M40 for a bit, then Brackley, Silverstone and up to Northampton, then A45 to Scoffers, where I supplement my normal Muesli, Yogurt and OJ portion with 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 3 eggs, Black Pudding, Beans, Tomato, Mushroom, Fried Bread, a couple of slices of toast all washed down with 2 or 3 coffees.

If Scoffers is no more, anyone local got any suggestions? Super Sausage down the A5 is a bit out of the way, but if needs must.

Also this will be Sunday - probably between 8 and 9am assuming my alarm clock goes off.

3 sausage.....3 bacon......3 eggs.

That is  9 of your 'five a day'...
« Last Edit: 03 July 2021, 13:55:10 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2021, 14:31:57 »

3 sausage.....3 bacon......3 eggs.

That is  9 of your 'five a day'...

Yeah - I've had to cut back a bit. Supposed to be on a diet. Been off the booze for a few weeks too - never felt worse.

Super Sausage it is then.

hollo

• Maidenhead Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2021, 20:39:22 »

Yes , it's been shut for about a year now . Back when things were normal I used to commute 1 day a week from Berkshire to Northampton , and would always leave just after 6am to give me 1/2 an hour of me time for breakfast at Scoffers . I'm now reduced to a bacon roll and a cuppa at a BP wild bean cafe - which is a major disappointment. I'd also be delighted to hear of any other greasy spoon alternatives anywhere between the M40 up to A14 north of Northampton.
Thanks
Mike

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2021, 21:14:31 »

Yeah - I've had to cut back a bit. Supposed to be on a diet. Been off the booze for a few weeks too - never felt worse.

I've only met you once, but you didn't look like you ever needed to diet ....   ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2021, 21:30:08 »

I've only met you once, but you didn't look like you ever needed to diet ....   ;)
I'm not fat, either. But, apparently, my blood is  ;D
« Last Edit: 03 July 2021, 21:34:04 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2021, 14:30:11 »

Yes , it's been shut for about a year now . Back when things were normal I used to commute 1 day a week from Berkshire to Northampton , and would always leave just after 6am to give me 1/2 an hour of me time for breakfast at Scoffers . I'm now reduced to a bacon roll and a cuppa at a BP wild bean cafe - which is a major disappointment. I'd also be delighted to hear of any other greasy spoon alternatives anywhere between the M40 up to A14 north of Northampton.
Thanks
Mike
Jennys, formerly Braninangs, at the top end of Brackley High Street, near Keep Biking, does a pretty edible breakfast, although weirdly, breakfast comes with chips - https://www.jennys-brackley.co.uk

There is also a great coffee shop in The Courtyard near the town hall, although their opening times are a bit variable.

Grumpy old man

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2021, 10:19:54 »

As it turned out the A5 wasn't nearly as far out of the way as I had expected - because the A43 was shut north of Brackley (for resurfacing?) so you had to go that sort of way anyway (Buckingham, Old Stratford, A508. Shame, I enjoy the roundabouts on the Brackley bypass, although they need some care in the wet.

Anyway, Super Sausage foodrep - Went for the large brekkie and two cups of coffee. Bacon not fried as crispy as I like, but they were nice thick slices. Sausages good, black pudding ok for southerners, beans, mushrooms and eggs fine. Would prefer the plum tomatoes in a bit of sauce, but that's a very minor quibble. Plenty of toast. Only serious problem was the fried bread. Don't think it was done deep fried in proper lard.

Overall, a solid 7 or 8 out of 10. Completely stuffed on leaving and didn't need to eat anything else till I got home around 8pm.  Nice and solid this morning too, though that's probably more info than needed for a food review.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2021, 11:13:20 »

What's being nice and solid in the morning got to do with food?  :-\
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2021, 11:36:38 »

Certain foodstuffs can have unexpected and occasionally undesirable effects the following morning. Ring of Fire after a good curry for instance. I'm sure there is a proper medical/biological term for it (which I never learnt coz I did metalwork) but I find a nice relaxing sit down of a morning quite reassuring and occasionally strangly enjoyable.

I still remember the time I did a baked beetroot and feta cheese salad. The next morning I was convinced I'd got terminal bowel cancer.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2021, 12:12:45 »

Certain foodstuffs can have unexpected and occasionally undesirable effects the following morning. Ring of Fire after a good curry for instance. I'm sure there is a proper medical/biological term for it (which I never learnt coz I did metalwork) but I find a nice relaxing sit down of a morning quite reassuring and occasionally strangly enjoyable.

I still remember the time I did a baked beetroot and feta cheese salad. The next morning I was convinced I'd got terminal bowel cancer.
Hmmmm....I fear we're talking at cross purposes here. ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 July 2021, 12:43:10 »

Nice and solid this morning too, though that's probably more info than needed for a food review.

I enjoy a good old fried breakfast but such is the metabolism of my body, I have to sit on the toilet whilst I'm eating it. It really does go straight through me that quick.  :-[
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2021, 13:08:47 »

Hmmmm....I fear we're talking at cross purposes here. ;D
"Boing!", said Zebedee, "Time for bed..."  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.