Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vibration. Could it be the diff???  (Read 2298 times)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Vibration. Could it be the diff???
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2013, 20:21:36 »

I get no vibrations coming back up the steering.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

Anderv26

• Norway, Aalesund
    • Opel Omega B MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 July 2013, 14:34:04 »

I had the same problem, it's probably something with the prop shaft, either the rubber is broken, or the center baring could be broken, or in my case there where missing a bolt from the prop shaft to the transmission rubberbushing. The rubber bushing can even look okay until you take it of, then the holes can be oval if you do things like burn-outs, or your car has a high milage. :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #17 on: 27 July 2013, 15:14:11 »

I get no vibrations coming back up the steering.

Confirms its not steering related. Ime. Although 2woody ain't daft, so couldn't hurt to check.

Any thoughts on the similarity of the vibration to the dif slipping...? Long shot I know.

Also, is it worth having someone follow the car while its vibrating ? See of they can see a wheel shake or bounce...?. :-\

Or may be run the engine in gear while its on a lift. See of the vibration can be traced that way..?

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 October 2013, 16:42:51 »

well this has been a long time coming. What with going under the surgeons knife twice this year and a Rangey P38 which decided to throw a complete hissy fit I've left the poor old Mig on the drive getting covered in leaves. So as I'm now a fully(ish) functional human  and I had a half day off I decided to leg it home and try and get to the bottom of the bloody stupid vibration. So I dropped the diff and refitted the old one and success!!!! She is silky smooth again drives really nice. Two down sides. One it means the Bizzie spec LSD diff is doooooooooooomed....... Bugger. Also it means I have to get rid of her. She's just not being used now the RR is here and the Phaeton turned up. I'm actually quite gutted as of the 3 migs I've had this is by far the best and of course it has the top notch LPG kit fitted. Once I've got her a new MOT I'll put her up for grabs. First dibs here of course. Maybe I'll just sneak her out for another quick burn first.  :P
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.