Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rust Spots  (Read 1237 times)

LouisCorney

Rust Spots
« on: 05 August 2006, 20:19:23 »

What does everybody do to sort these out? I have a few appearing on my rear door  :-/

Methods, opinions on what is best and advice all appreciated,

TIA Louis

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Rust Spots
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2006, 20:32:00 »

Well one way around it is to talk to RonaldMcBurger and see if he can find a rear door complete with glass and trim in matching colour for a reasonable price...
Alas, no more Omegas....

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2006, 10:05:16 »

I have the same problem with rust pinhead spots just starting to appear on one rear door just below the weather seal strip. Unfortunately it appears to rust from the inside meaning you would need to replace the outer door skin to do the job properly. Anything less and it would simply reappear very quickly. Very annoying as the car is otherwise immaculate. The alternative would be to try and obtain a second hand door in the same colour not afflicted with the same problem. It appears the doors on the latter facelifts are not galvanised either so they will presumably suffer the same fate in due course. Pity GM cant make its coachwork as robust as the Volkswagen Passat.

cipher

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2006, 20:19:12 »

at least there deisels aren't as rough as the vag ones

I have the same problem with rust pinhead spots just starting to appear on one rear door just below the weather seal strip. Unfortunately it appears to rust from the inside meaning you would need to replace the outer door skin to do the job properly. Anything less and it would simply reappear very quickly. Very annoying as the car is otherwise immaculate. The alternative would be to try and obtain a second hand door in the same colour not afflicted with the same problem. It appears the doors on the latter facelifts are not galvanised either so they will presumably suffer the same fate in due course. Pity GM cant make its coachwork as robust as the Volkswagen Passat.
Breaking a 1996 'N' 2.5 V6 Omega
PM For Details
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.