Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrical Fault ??  (Read 439 times)

zaborg

• View Profile
Electrical Fault ??
« on: 23 December 2007, 10:34:37 »

I drive a 51 plated 2.6 Omega saloon auto. Have had probs with the battery which I replaced. The prob has returned. The Climate Control is blowing air, but not really working as it tends not to use the a/c so i will need to get that topped up.( I hope thats all it is) The rear fog lamps are not working...reason unknown and the alarm sounds when i get in and start it up. I then have to reset before I drive off. The battery has now died again! I had the alarm fixed last year as they said there was a drain from the horn.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Zaborg

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Electrical Fault ??
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2007, 12:21:21 »

Check the battery is charging properly. 14-14.5 volts across it when engine running at a fast idle, maintaining over 13.5 when a few loads switched on.

Check the positive battery terminal is not getting hot when running as the cable here can come loose.

Alarm issues sound like the power sounder. Plenty of info on here about that. You can just unplug it, although alarm issues might be related to a poor state of the main vehicle battery.

Regarding climate control, check the pollen filter under the scuttle panel on the passengler side. It may be clogged, causing poor performance. What exactly is the climate issue? Not enough air circulation? Not enough heat?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.