Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: If a job's worth doing...  (Read 5699 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: If a job's worth doing...
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2008, 23:27:25 »

he's a lucky guy .. .. just how do you roll a car when reversing it ?? :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2008, 23:27:47 »

Looks to have a case for declaring it a miracle  ;D  :y

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2008, 23:29:15 »

Shouldnt have the option of not driving again, license should just be taken off him, same sort of thing happened to my mates Ultima GTR 86year old woman drove over the front of it when it was parked on the opposite side of the road!!!!! £27000 damage

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2008, 23:31:32 »

Shouldnt have the option of not driving again, license should just be taken off him, same sort of thing happened to my mates Ultima GTR 86year old woman drove over the front of it when it was parked on the opposite side of the road!!!!! £27000 damage

Whilst I don't particularly dissagree, my guess is you are under 25.

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2008, 23:33:20 »

Whilst I don't particularly dissagree, my guess is you are under 25.

No not at all why?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2008, 23:39:04 »

One assumes that you have never, ever made a single mistake in your long and emminent life ???

And that you will never, ever make one before you are 76 ??

And that the same penalty will be applied to EVERY driver that EVER makes a single mistake  ??

(would clear the roads somewhat methinks !!!  :)  )
« Last Edit: 14 April 2008, 23:40:49 by entwood »

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2008, 23:42:13 »

One assumes that you have never, ever made a single mistake in your long and emminent life ???

No but one thinks when you reach the age of 60 you should have an eye test and a reactions test done to make sure you are still able to drive and continue to have them every few years from then on. I am sure you would have different opinion if that was a child he ran over because he couldnt see.

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2008, 23:46:08 »

my dad still drives at 77, he was a long distance driver for yrs, admitidly hes not as young as he used to be or his reactions are not the same  but he hasnt had an accident in yrs.

richie

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 April 2008, 23:49:17 »

my dad still drives at 77, he was a long distance driver for yrs, admitidly hes not as young as he used to be or his reactions are not the same  but he hasnt had an accident in yrs.

richie

So is that acceptable then that someones reactions are not the same as they where and they are still allowed to drive? Am sorry but if you do not have the reactions or strength to hit the brake pedal hard enough or fast enough if someone walks out in front of you then you shouldnt be on the road, end of story.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2008, 23:51:03 »

No but one thinks when you reach the age of 60 you should have an eye test and a reactions test done to make sure you are still able to drive and continue to have them every few years from then on. I am sure you would have different opinion if that was a child he ran over because he couldnt see.

Only a young person, imho, would have a generalistic opinion. There are drivers of 50 who should not be on the road and drivers of 70 who are more that capable, in my experience.
if you are wondering, I have to prove my fitness every 5 years for my HGV and PSV or whatever they call them now. And they do take notice cos I lost them for some years cos of the Big C, got em back now though. :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 April 2008, 23:52:03 »

You, and I, and everyone else, know absolutley NOTHING about the cause of this accident, which incidentaly was on private property anyway. The fact the guy was old, and doesn't know what happened is instantly a reason for the cause to be his "age" or "inability".

Did the throttle stick?? Did steering break?? There are thousands of possibilities.

He has proved to be a better driver than most over many years.. I can think of many many chav prats that do far worse.. but where is the call for them to never hold a license again ???

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 April 2008, 23:54:02 »

A word to the wise, of all years and length of forum membership.

Stick to FACTS and not guesses, assumptions or generalisations please....

Someone else will no doubt come up with a counter point and make you look like a tw*t....

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 April 2008, 23:54:04 »

richie

So is that acceptable then that someones reactions are not the same as they where and they are still allowed to drive? Am sorry but if you do not have the reactions or strength to hit the brake pedal hard enough or fast enough if someone walks out in front of you then you shouldnt be on the road, end of story.

I think Richie was saying that his Dad's reactions weren't as fast as they once were NOT that they weren't fast enough. My Dad is a little younger at 70 & I'm quite happy that he's a safe driver. My Mum however is 'only' 69 & I'm not quite so happy .....  ::)
Old doesn't need to be unsafe. The young dickhead in the Alfa on my way to work this afternoon was proof of that. If I'd only been in my Omega .......  ::)  :y
« Last Edit: 14 April 2008, 23:55:48 by Andy_B »

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2008, 23:55:04 »

You, and I, and everyone else, know absolutley NOTHING about the cause of this accident, which incidentaly was on private property anyway. The fact the guy was old, and doesn't know what happened is instantly a reason for the cause to be his "age" or "inability".

Did the throttle stick?? Did steering break?? There are thousands of possibilities.

He has proved to be a better driver than most over many years.. I can think of many many chav prats that do far worse.. but where is the call for them to never hold a license again ???

I agree totally that there are a lot of young idiots on the road that shouldnt be there. I still say there should be more in the way of tests for eye sight after a certain age
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.