Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: religion  (Read 2690 times)

amigov6

Re: religion
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2008, 23:15:13 »

Well in that case I was refraining on Sunday from posting, and will refrain now  ;D ;D............cos I've already upset enough folk already ::)......in any case I am an aetheist, reason being religion is the biggest con in the world today and the biggest cause of fighting around the world. That is a fact that no one can deny :y
Agreed. All religion is for weak minded although often well educated respectable people who believe they will be happy when they die if they live by certain codes...wake up. When we die we stay that way, get over it & enjoy living while you're here. Religion causes trouble, always has.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2008, 23:17:38 »

Well in that case I was refraining on Sunday from posting, and will refrain now  ;D ;D............cos I've already upset enough folk already ::)......in any case I am an aetheist, reason being religion is the biggest con in the world today and the biggest cause of fighting around the world. That is a fact that no one can deny :y
Agreed. All religion is for weak minded although often well educated respectable people who believe they will be happy when they die if they live by certain codes...wake up. When we die we stay that way, get over it & enjoy living while you're here. Religion causes trouble, always has.

Couldn't agree more.  Hence my saying - 'would suggest that you didn't'  ....   ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2008, 23:20:15 »

....... Religion causes trouble, always has.

Couldn't agree more.  Hence my saying - 'would suggest that you didn't'  ....   ;)

[/quote]

So .... what foot ball team do you support?  ::)  ::)  ::)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 March 2008, 23:21:26 »

[/quote]

none!   ;D

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 March 2008, 23:23:07 »

none!   ;D
[/quote]

That could cause even more trouble  ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2008, 23:26:03 »

none!   ;D

:y Good answer. I'm sure there must be ways of extracting the truth ..... but

My wife's Scottish cousin is trying to bring her 2 kids up with out any kind of faith, but her lad (about 10) is often being asked in a round about way who he supports ......

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2008, 23:26:04 »

I support the give MikeDundee his post count back team :y...on page three of general chat...thanks for your support guys ::)

amigov6

« Reply #22 on: 25 March 2008, 23:27:38 »

Hi Broocie. You'll be pleased to know i'm done ranting tonight but i don't take a word of it back. ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 March 2008, 23:35:14 »

Hi Broocie. You'll be pleased to know i'm done ranting tonight but i don't take a word of it back. ::)

Well can you support the MikeDundee post count then on page 3 of general chat :y

amigov6

« Reply #24 on: 25 March 2008, 23:48:17 »

Yeah. Give Mike his posts back. He put my tent up for me at last years Lakesmeet, 1st member i met face to face, Top Man.
    New tent this year Mike, i'll find you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 March 2008, 07:19:05 »

As H21 says, probably best not to.

I'm about as un-PC as you can get, but understand what religion means to religious people, be they Muslim, Christian, wackos, whatever.

I do have trouble respecting Jovos though, as they keep banging on my friggin door  >:(

Quite simple, just ask them to make a note in their book not to call again, and they won't - fact.
I like red cars

mantahatch

« Reply #26 on: 26 March 2008, 07:59:14 »

Thank you for sending me the link, it made very interesting, and in some of the replies quite disturbing reading.
As a great believer in free speech, I think you should post the link, but there will probably be some who take offence.

Maybe one of the mods could take a look first and then advise wether it should or should be posted.

Mike

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #27 on: 26 March 2008, 09:08:25 »

am i allowed to show this fact sheet i got through about islam??

richie

if you ask my idea, please post this fact sheet..

sorry admins..

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 March 2008, 09:23:40 »

religoin is like politics, a subject that each of us has a view on in one way or another and yes religion, like politics has been the cause of a lot of trouble over the centuries.

I have done a lot of reading on religion, the different aspects, faiths, rules, some of the mainstream religeons have some fascinating quirks to them, others have some very sinister aspects.

I believe that we should all be allowed to follow whatever faith we choose, and even to pick and choose aspects of others faiths that we want to follow/practice. i dont agree that because you follow a faith you have the right to shove it down someone elses throat though (jahovas especially).

Just to chuck something into the convo that may be controversial.
Religion is as destructive as it is calming, some people find religion as a way of keeping them sane and focused.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2008, 09:24:38 by jay_w »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #29 on: 26 March 2008, 09:31:35 »

For me every kind of religion is ok
IF  they are only between the person and the god..

And not interfering with politics and not keeping people under pressure..

and not disturbing me ;D

« Last Edit: 26 March 2008, 09:32:39 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.