Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Theresa or Jeremy?  (Read 47195 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Theresa or Jeremy?
« on: 18 April 2017, 11:18:00 »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Snap general election June 8th
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2017, 11:18:57 »

That should underline the Tory majority and perhaps see the subsequent resignation of Corbyn.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

So it's a general election...
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2017, 11:20:11 »

...on June 8th. The permutations of how and why people will vote are infinite. Do we get behind the government with regards to Brexit or do we see it as a chance to reverse the referendum?
Fascinating times.

STEMO

Re: Snap general election June 8th
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2017, 11:21:20 »

Almost 50% of people voted to remain, and a lot of those were tories. Let's see.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: So it's a general election...
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2017, 11:22:07 »

I predict a Tory landslide and the SNP will be neutered as well!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2017, 11:22:57 »

I predict a Tory landslide and the SNP will be neutered as well!  :y
That will make their eyes water.  :o

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2017, 11:34:26 »

You know, Theresa May could get a right kicking here. If all the people who didn't bother voting in the referendum, because they thought remain was a forgone conclusion, now turn out to try to keep us in, and all the benefit claimants who have had enough of cuts, and all the educationalists who are fuming over cuts and grammar schools, and all the doctors and nurses who think the NHS is broken turn out in force...well. :-\
She is taking a big risk.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2017, 11:52:34 »

You know, Theresa May could get a right kicking here. If all the people who didn't bother voting in the referendum, because they thought remain was a forgone conclusion, now turn out to try to keep us in, and all the benefit claimants who have had enough of cuts, and all the educationalists who are fuming over cuts and grammar schools, and all the doctors and nurses who think the NHS is broken turn out in force...well. :-\
She is taking a big risk.

The only (big) parties that have publically stated they'll try and keep us in the EU are the Lib-Dems and the SNP. So will enough people vote Lib-Deb & SNP to create a hung parliament? And even if they do, will the EU courts rule that Art50 is reversible?

Can't see this being good news for Labour though. I suspect they'll get the smallest vote for ages.

Also interesting what Teresa May thinks is going to happen wrt the Fixed term parliament act.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2017, 12:00:21 »

I predict a Tory landslide. Possibly the biggest majority of modern times.
Her manifesto will include real Brexit, rather than fake Brexit. It may well also include reform of the Lords (she owes them one), large cuts in foreign aid, more funding for the NHS and Education, and many more Grammar schools.
In this scenario, I could be tempted to vote Tory for the first time ever.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2017, 12:11:02 »

So the journalist news feast has started; the BBC has interrupted it's normal schedule on BBC1 and is regurgitating continually Mrs May's statement, and everything is being analysed over and over again.   That is all with one hour of the "big announcement!"

Even as a student of politics, please give me strength for the next six weeks of the same!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2017, 12:13:13 »

I predict a Tory landslide. Possibly the biggest majority of modern times.
Her manifesto will include real Brexit, rather than fake Brexit. It may well also include reform of the Lords (she owes them one), large cuts in foreign aid, more funding for the NHS and Education, and many more Grammar schools.
In this scenario, I could be tempted to vote Tory for the first time ever.  :)

I heartily agree, as what is the opposition?  To me there is none! ;)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2017, 12:13:46 »

So the journalist news feast has started; the BBC has interrupted it's normal schedule on BBC1 and is regurgitating continually Mrs May's statement, and everything is being analysed over and over again.   That is all with one hour of the "big announcement!"

Even as a student of politics, please give me strength for the next six weeks of the same!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm going into hibernation for a few weeks, I'll emerge on voting day
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2017, 12:20:59 »

I'm going into hibernation for a few weeks, I'll emerge on voting day

Now that is a great idea! ;D ;D :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2017, 12:26:03 »

I have now sought another TV channel to watch:  BBC2  Daily Politics;  ITV1  News, which is all about the "statement" and what it means! ::) ::) ::)

Oh, well now on to the multitude of other channels.  Thank God we have the Tech of 2017!! ;D ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2017, 12:28:07 »

And on June 7th, Corbyn will be cut to shreds by his own party, who will force him out by any means, if he doesn't resign of his own volition.
A good strong Govt. with a large majority is what the country needs at the moment imo. We are in difficult and uncertain times,and constant argument among the many political pygmies on the political scene these days, doesn't help one bit.
As a lapsed UKIP member I think that UKIP wont figure at all this time round. They could have had a future post Brexit, but Nuttall and the nutters within the organisation have blown it.
My own MP James Cleverly, is a great bloke. He lives about a mile from me, and is always out & about in the local area talking to his constituents, which is a rare thing these days it seems.
His personal tribute to the PC who was murdered at Westminster recently, brought a lump to my throat, and showed what a genuine man he really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v22E7to4WOc
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.