Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 68857 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: US Election
« Reply #630 on: 23 November 2020, 12:28:14 »

I will concede this much...

If Trump does win, then it will be inspite of his legal team not because of them... They are making less sense than a Hollyoaks episode ???

Credit where it is due, Giuliani has had a pretty solid reputation upto this point, and Sydney Powell certainly believes what she is saying (you can hear it in her voice).

I also wonder if they have both had Batflu, as the brain is one of the places that it can attack the body.  :-\
"If Trump does win....." You're as fickin deranged as they are.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 23 November 2020, 12:29:28 »

I don't actually grudge Trump and Co challenging the election result, in court or elsewhere. It's in his nature. However, I was slightly concerned about reports of fundraising for it. Sure people can do what they like with their own money, but to me that flags a danger that Joe Public will end up taking a financial risk (and probably the loss) on his behalf. Trump doesn't have a good record in that regard.
Biden has a Go fund me type thing going on for his transition*... What's good for the goose etc...  ;)

*not sure what he's hoping to transition into ???

True, but tu quoque doesn't make it right. As plaintiffs in the main, Trump & Co ought to bear the costs of what they're trying to do (not very successfully so far) themselves - I'm not convinced about the ethics of seeking public donations.

Plus (potential) lack of clarity about where donations are ending up - the Official Election Defense Fund, the Save America PAC or clearing campaign debt.
The Donald Trump Big Mac And Large Fries Foundation.
Diesel till I die

B52

• Intermediate Member
  • Glasgow
  • 02 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 23 November 2020, 12:33:22 »

The messaging from Giuliani and team don't make sense to me either - and there's a recurring theme that what's said in news conferences doesn't translate into anything that's actually led in court (where it could and would be effective)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 23 November 2020, 12:35:07 »

Trumps last trump card: The Supreme Court. He thinks because he put them in, they'll kiss his big, fat arse all the way to the White House. I seriously doubt it will even make it to the Supreme Court but, if it does, the six republicans have a stark choice. Tell Donald he's an idiot or totally dispel the whole idea that America is a democracy.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 23 November 2020, 12:36:47 »

The messaging from Giuliani and team don't make sense to me either - and there's a recurring theme that what's said in news conferences doesn't translate into anything that's actually led in court (where it could and would be effective)
What's said in news conferences is a journey of fantasy, that's why none of it ends up in court. How long before the media actually laugh in his face?
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 23 November 2020, 12:47:25 »

I don't actually grudge Trump and Co challenging the election result, in court or elsewhere. It's in his nature. However, I was slightly concerned about reports of fundraising for it. Sure people can do what they like with their own money, but to me that flags a danger that Joe Public will end up taking a financial risk (and probably the loss) on his behalf. Trump doesn't have a good record in that regard.
Biden has a Go fund me type thing going on for his transition*... What's good for the goose etc...  ;)

*not sure what he's hoping to transition into ???

True, but tu quoque doesn't make it right. As plaintiffs in the main, Trump & Co ought to bear the costs of what they're trying to do (not very successfully so far) themselves - I'm not convinced about the ethics of seeking public donations.

Plus (potential) lack of clarity about where donations are ending up - the Official Election Defense Fund, the Save America PAC or clearing campaign debt.
The Donald Trump Big Mac And Large Fries Foundation.

The Hopefully It Will Be Enough to Cash In For A Private Island Somewhere Without An Extradition Treaty And A Plane Ride To Get There Fund.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 23 November 2020, 12:55:56 »

I did say 'if'  ;D besides, there's plenty of constitutional steps that may change the course between now and January 6th...

If all else fails, Donald already has a plane and Epstein isn't getting much use from his island lately...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 23 November 2020, 13:00:22 »

I did say 'if'  ;D besides, there's plenty of constitutional steps that may change the course between now and January 6th...

If all else fails, Donald already has a plane and Epstein isn't getting much use from his island lately...

If it all fails, Donald will own whatever badly tailored clothes he's wearing and the contents of his makeup bag. A slush fund would come in handy....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 23 November 2020, 13:18:12 »

What's said in news conferences is a journey of fantasy, that's why none of it ends up in court. How long before the media actually laugh in his face?

They've been doing that for years so nothing new there!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 23 November 2020, 13:22:24 »

Trumps last trump card: The Supreme Court. He thinks because he put them in, they'll kiss his big, fat arse all the way to the White House. I seriously doubt it will even make it to the Supreme Court but, if it does, the six republicans have a stark choice. Tell Donald he's an idiot or totally dispel the whole idea that America is a democracy.

UK or USA the judiciary is independent of government......supposedly. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 23 November 2020, 13:34:16 »

Indeed. And quite right too. Ultimately it only needs one Senator and one Congressman/woman to formally reject the electoral college vote. It then falls to a vote in either the House (one vote per state) or failing that the Senate (one vote each) and that could all happen on January 6th.

Like I said, the process is far from over...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 23 November 2020, 14:00:25 »

Indeed. And quite right too. Ultimately it only needs one Senator and one Congressman/woman to formally reject the electoral college vote. It then falls to a vote in either the House (one vote per state) or failing that the Senate (one vote each) and that could all happen on January 6th.

Amy Coney Barrett has only been in the job five minutes. Perhaps she will ( can be made) see things the way Donald wants her to. ::) ::) ;)

Doubt it though. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 23 November 2020, 14:11:34 »

Amy Coney Barrett has only been in the job five minutes. Perhaps she will ( can be made) see things the way Donald wants her to. ::) ::) ;)

If she did cast the vote that kept Trumpy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the lefties would go bat shit crazy!!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 23 November 2020, 14:26:35 »

If she did cast the vote that kept Trumpy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the lefties would go bat shit crazy!!  ;D

Her predecessor wouldn't have given Trump the steam off her piss. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 23 November 2020, 14:39:21 »

I'd hope they would, quite rightly, shoot her, shoot her family and shoot anyone she's ever spoken to. In fact, anyone she's ever looked at.  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.