Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm question  (Read 657 times)

steve_daly

Alarm question
« on: 14 June 2010, 16:23:14 »

Wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get the Omega alarm to flash the hazard lights other than the single flash you get when you press the key fob?

My Vectra was exactly the same with the single flash yet I am sure I have seen other Vauxhalls madly flashing the hazards, does anyone elses Omega do anything different?

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm question
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2010, 16:28:31 »

Hi Rufus....

Not really possible, mate. the alarm module does the flashing, and the eeprom is not retro-programmable (unless some clever dicky knows different............??)

Mike.
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2010, 17:24:54 »

GM Alarm will only flash once, its highly likely other people have had pattern ones fitted that flash more than once and make some kind of gay beep at the same time.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2010, 17:54:21 »

Wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get the Omega alarm to flash the hazard lights other than the single flash you get when you press the key fob?

My Vectra was exactly the same with the single flash yet I am sure I have seen other Vauxhalls madly flashing the hazards, does anyone elses Omega do anything different?

When you press the fob button once, then again before 10 seconds the hazards should flash on each ocassion with the Central locking system and mechanical anti-theft locking system coming into play.

My 1996 Elite, my 2000 CDX, and current 2000 Elite all do this.

;) ;)

steve_daly

« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2010, 18:17:32 »

Yeah mine flashes with each button press, just curious if they could be made to do more.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2010, 18:35:01 »

Yeah mine flashes with each button press, just curious if they could be made to do more.

For what reason should they? :-/ :-/

Once for each push is enough for me! 8-) 8-) 8-)

It's pimp mobiles that falsh more! :D :D :D :D ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.