Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38846 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #180 on: 19 December 2020, 17:36:29 »

Anyone had the jab yet?  ???

Chatting to my 80-something neighbour today and they both got vaccinated on Wednesday.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 19 December 2020, 17:57:20 »

My 94 year old dad was offered it but surgery is a mile walk each way. Bit too far. No taxis in Yorkshire.......

Why do you have to sit down for 15 minutes afterwards?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 19 December 2020, 18:01:37 »

My 94 year old dad was offered it but surgery is a mile walk each way. Bit too far. No taxis in Yorkshire.......

They recommend that after you have the flue jab.  It is all about any adverse reactions you may get afterwards and by 15 minutes someone would know if they have got them ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 19 December 2020, 18:05:10 »

They recommend that after you have the flue jab.  It is all about any adverse reactions you may get afterwards and by 15 minutes someone would know if they have got them ;)
Really? I was in, jabbed, out.....20 seconds.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 19 December 2020, 18:10:42 »

Flu not flue !

We had our flu here a few weeks back. Never felt the needle and like STEMO we were out in 20 seconds.

Tongue in cheek, it maybe to allow the injection to get up to body temp from minus 75C
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 19 December 2020, 18:59:03 »

Really? I was in, jabbed, out.....20 seconds.

Yes, most of the <5minutes the three of us spent at the surgery was mum taking off and putting on her coat.

Their Covid vaccination is on Monday.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 19 December 2020, 19:04:56 »

Flu not flue !

We had our flu here a few weeks back. Never felt the needle and like STEMO we were out in 20 seconds.

Tongue in cheek, it maybe to allow the injection to get up to body temp from minus 75C

I love steam engines and coal fires so always like to put "Flue" when I should write "Flu"!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

Yes, I am out from my flu jab as soon as it is done, but certainly for first timers the medics recommend you sit down and rest in case there is a reaction. ;)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 20 December 2020, 20:06:14 »

Anyone had the jab yet?  ???

Chatting to my 80-something neighbour today and they both got vaccinated on Wednesday.  :y

My daughter, aged 23, no underlying health issues had the vaccine last Thursday.

She's a pharmacist in Salford Royal.  The vaccine people were phoning around at 5:30 pm as they had a number of no shows, and the vaccines that they had prepared for the day would have gone to waste.

She asked around the department and she was one of only 2 who hadn't already had it.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 21 December 2020, 18:53:34 »

It seems that there is a bit of a scandal brewing over on the continent over the EU's vaccine programme.

Although the EMA authorised the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine today (after pressure from the German Government to get a wriggle on) it seems that they haven't ordered enough, as they planned to buy the rest they needed from the French biotech firm Sanofi (allegedly following pressure from the French Government) , but that vaccine won't be ready for months.  Oooops!

When the British Government opted out of the EU vaccination programme, they were heavily criticised by Labour and the LibDems and were accused of playing Brexit politics with peoples lives.....  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 21 December 2020, 20:32:06 »

Been informed by my youngest daughter that son-in-law has tested positive.The only reason he went for a test was he couldn't smell or taste his dinner.So they're isolating at present and at least it means daughter gets her first Christmas day in years off work.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 21 December 2020, 21:12:56 »

Been informed by my youngest daughter that son-in-law has tested positive.The only reason he went for a test was he couldn't smell or taste his dinner.So they're isolating at present and at least it means daughter gets her first Christmas day in years off work.
I had something similar , turned out to be the wifes cooking  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 21 December 2020, 21:59:31 »

It seems that there is a bit of a scandal brewing over on the continent over the EU's vaccine programme.

Although the EMA authorised the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine today (after pressure from the German Government to get a wriggle on) it seems that they haven't ordered enough, as they planned to buy the rest they needed from the French biotech firm Sanofi (allegedly following pressure from [/highlight]the French Government) , but that vaccine won't be ready for months.  Oooops!

When the British Government opted out of the EU vaccination programme, they were heavily criticised by Labour and the LibDems and were accused of playing Brexit politics with peoples lives.....  ::)

You can't beat a level playing field can ya. ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 21 December 2020, 23:02:27 »

Given the state of my cooking losing sense of taste[I've never had a good sense of smell anyway]might be seen as a bonus point ::) :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 22 December 2020, 01:35:50 »

I was told 3 weeks ago that there has been a problem with the Oxford jab. Apparantly there has been a cock-up in the stage 3 trials data. They were supposed to be giving 2 equal strength jabs 3 weeks apart. However, the evaluation of the strength of one of them (not sure if it was the first or second) was wrong, and the effect was that one or other of the jabs was only half strength. That's where the reports that a half jab followed by a full jab (or vive verca) increases the efficacy from 60% to 95%.

So now the UK drugs authority are having to review the data and decide if the phase 3 trials have to be repeated, this time with 2 equal doses, or whether they can go with the data as presented. Foreign drug authorities have the same data, and will have to come to their own conclusion. If the phase 3 does have to be repeated, then it delays the Oxford jab roll out for at least 3 months which is a problem for the UK because we've ordered 100M doses of Oxford, vs 7M of the Moderna and 40M of the BioNTech jab.

I've no idea whether the trial will have to be repeated, but the delay in approving the Oxford jab doesn't look good to me. It was only one week behind the BioNTech, and ahead of the Moderna in being presented to the regulator, yet both these are now in use and it's all gone quiet on the Oxford front.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 22 December 2020, 20:15:53 »

Had the pfizer one in work today, back in 3 weeks for the second lot, so far the chip seems to be connecting to 5G ok  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.