Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hvac on Defrost only and whine sound  (Read 2881 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Hvac on Defrost only and whine sound
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2024, 11:52:12 »

By not changing modes, does the display on the heating panels change with your button presses, but the air still comes out the windscreen vent, or does the display on the heating panel not change with button presses?

I do t have a display just 4 knobs and seat heaters, rear defrost, hazards, heat circulation and ac
Ah, so its a pre facelift model.

Could well be the vacuum pipe has come off the back of the air distribution dial, or other vac related problems.

Is it easy to get back there to the air eistributuon dial? Or do i have to pull the whole dash out?
I did some radio wiring work and cramed all the wires back in so it would make sense that the proplem is somewhere in the center console/ radio area.
Sounds like you've either skewered or otherwise damaged a vacuum line. At least you know where to start looking.

If it is a dash out job, expect to be busy. Perfectly doable, just take your time. And if it comes to that, replace the heater matrix at the same time as it will be a piece of piss to do with the dash out and you'll be an idiot not to replace it under the circumstances.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Hvac on Defrost only and whine sound
« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2024, 18:27:35 »

I would imagine it will just be the vac lines on the control knobs, so only need to remove the centre console, which is straightforward.

And when you put it back together, don't ram it in when clearly it isn't wanting to sit right ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.