Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: bmw 530  (Read 24837 times)

albitz

Re: bmw 530
« Reply #120 on: 05 October 2013, 00:13:00 »

A chat with CAB or similar may be helpful. Plenty of good intent on here,but no one with legal qualifications afaik. ;)
Me - I would be persuing the seller relentlessly. ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #121 on: 05 October 2013, 00:16:32 »

Not entitled to a penny ::) I am guessing from the fuss you're making that you borrowed money to buy the car :-\

If it was a secured loan, ie X amount to buy that exact car, then you might have some recourse with the lender, otherwise, that's it... Your stuck with the payments, and as crappy as the whole situation is, try and take some comfort from the fact that you won't make the same mistake again.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 05 October 2013, 00:17:37 »

A chat with CAB or similar may be helpful. Plenty of good intent on here,but no one with legal qualifications afaik. ;)
Me - I would be persuing the seller relentlessly. ;)

Absol-bloody-lutley!!!!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 05 October 2013, 19:08:58 »

no loan but just cheesed off that the insurance company want to make as much money as possible from the victim of the whole thing,  The car re surfaced from my misfortune and even if i had known it was stolen i still would of called the police as i don't want to be caught up in anything to do with it illegally ,   

Just seems a shame that the insurance are only interested in making as much possible and not doing the moral thing and giving the loosing guy a bit of a break ,    thanks for your reply's guys

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #124 on: 05 October 2013, 19:36:13 »

the seller is not evaporated .. he is somewhere else..

plus you really can claim your expenses..

05omegav6

« Reply #125 on: 05 October 2013, 21:06:15 »

From whom? Did the owner of the car (the insurance company) ask him to spend money on replacing parts :-\

Say you went shopping, and left the car in the supermarket car park. I come along and notice that the discs and pads need changing and all the tyres are bald. So I buy new parts and fit them.

When you come out of the shop, I present you with a bill for £800.

Would you...

1.pay me or 2. tell me to bugger off?

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #126 on: 05 October 2013, 21:39:57 »

From whom? Did the owner of the car (the insurance company) ask him to spend money on replacing parts :-\

Say you went shopping, and left the car in the supermarket car park. I come along and notice that the discs and pads need changing and all the tyres are bald. So I buy new parts and fit them.

Would you...

2. bugger off  ;D ;D ;D ;D
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #127 on: 05 October 2013, 21:40:52 »

Would you...

example is irrelevant ::)   (lawfully as its a case where laws enter the situation)

of course from the insurance firm!  as they are the owner now.. but problem is they will refuse to pay .. in this case question is who you will apply to or call on.. if here I could easily answer that..
« Last Edit: 05 October 2013, 21:42:27 by cem »

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 05 October 2013, 21:45:43 »

The only likely chance of any refund is if the seller is stood in a Court and ordered to repay the fee..... that'll be a pound a week then!  ::)
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

05omegav6

« Reply #129 on: 05 October 2013, 21:52:41 »

Cem the example is not irrelevant as that is basically what the OP has done...

The only detail missing is that he also gave the driver of the car parked next to yours £9000 in exchange for your car, (which is only there because you have gone shopping) ::)
If he finds the person to whom he gave £9000, he can try to claim that back. But he has no claim for the money spent repairing someone elses car that he never owned, and was not instructed to repair ::)

So pray do tell how and why he can claim that back...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #130 on: 05 October 2013, 21:57:08 »

Cem the example is not irrelevant as that is basically what the OP has done...

The only detail missing is that he also gave the driver of the car parked next to yours £9000 in exchange for your car, (which is only there because you have gone shopping) ::)
If he finds the person to whom he gave £9000, he can try to claim that back. But he has no claim for the money spent repairing someone elses car that he never owned, and was not instructed to repair ::)

So pray do tell how and why he can claim that back...

if we were in court here , the judge wont listen to any of that!  how I know is another subject.. :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #131 on: 05 October 2013, 21:59:26 »

think like that , either your own or sombody elses car, you add value to that car without knowing.. and you have the receipts..

and believe me judges and laws mostly (may be not always) have a logic..

05omegav6

« Reply #132 on: 05 October 2013, 22:21:58 »

Thanks for clearing that up ::) Not

I'll put you down for 1. ;D

Replacing service items merely helps to maintain the value of a car, it certainly won't enhance it...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #133 on: 05 October 2013, 22:26:02 »

Thanks for clearing that up ::) Not

I'll put you down for 1. ;D

Replacing service items merely helps to maintain the value of a car,

it certainly won't enhance it...

the logic for laws are international Al..  the items you bought are still on the car :)

and according to your logic an unserviced and a serviced car have the same value ;)

part 1 and 2 contradicts

« Last Edit: 05 October 2013, 22:29:31 by cem »

05omegav6

« Reply #134 on: 05 October 2013, 22:36:46 »

I'll start with your second first...

Cars depreciate the second they get to their first owner, servicing them merely slows the speed at which the value falls away.

As for him owning the parts ::) yes he paid for them, but he donated them to to the owner of the car when he fitted them.

Your wife owns an ipod. The headphones are a bit tatty, so, without asking, you by some nice new ones. A week later she sells the ipod and new headphones to a man in the market. By your logic, you are entitled to demand the headphones back simply because you paid for them ;D

To quote Vamps from a month or so ago...

Shall we just cut to the chase, you bought a car, paid cash and there is a problem with it, you have no choice but to live with your decision........
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.