Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down

Author Topic: The Omega Replacement conundrum.  (Read 61490 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: The Omega Replacement conundrum.
« Reply #435 on: 17 September 2016, 09:14:29 »

Tunnie, are you coming to Brakkers this weekend, if so, pop your new ride around so I can take the piss admire it :y

I know its not my next car (FWD, VAG, underpowered), but you can take me for a blast anyway, see if you can sway me...

I won't say what Mrs TB was ranting about all VW drivers after a Passat was driving like a pillock, as the word censor would go crazy.  I then told her you bought a VW ;D
Grumpy old man

ted_one

« Reply #436 on: 17 September 2016, 10:21:02 »

I agree with all that's been said on here, and it's  because of other peoples lack of awareness to other road users,it has made me a real bad tempered fatherless one when out and about,and in reality I treat all other drivers as 'the enemy' who are out to **** my day up! Gone is the day when people thank you for giving way to them or stopping at a pedestrian crossing,and in actual fact I'm fairly sure some pedestrians are unaware that they have actually crossed a busy main road, because they were totally involved in announcing to one and all on social media that they had a very satisfying dump before leaving home earlier!I had one of those situations recently when a guy walked straight off the kerb head down in the world of what?? then suddenly realised where he was and looked up at me and mouthed the word ''sorry!'' My thoughts were...yeah you would be really sorry when you're  spread all over the road by 2 tons of R8 you teewat!
Personally I don't think there's is any way of improving the appalling standard of driving in this country,and although like quite a few of us I'm and advanced driver, there's very little of those skills that is going to save me from being smacked from behind or t-boned by some knob who thinks red lights are for pussies....see them every day!and the real worrying thing is,that of my own reactions after being involved in a shunt that's clearly someone elses fault.... :-\ >:( :-\ >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 17 September 2016, 10:37:32 »

Nitro - its not like they can't hear you coming in the VXR.  Almost understandable if it was Guffers in his milk float that was nearly knocking down pedestrians ;D

Still, survival of the fittest, if somebody walks out in front of a car, its only going to improve the gene pool.  But we need to shoot the do-gooders first.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 17 September 2016, 11:49:03 »

Nitro - its not like they can't hear you coming in the VXR.  Almost understandable if it was Guffers in his milk float that was nearly knocking down pedestrians ;D

Still, survival of the fittest, if somebody walks out in front of a car, its only going to improve the gene pool.  But we need to shoot the do-gooders first.

I imagine the demonic rumble can be heard on Mars. ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 17 September 2016, 12:31:26 »

I agree with all that's been said on here, and it's  because of other peoples lack of awareness to other road users,it has made me a real bad tempered fatherless one when out and about,and in reality I treat all other drivers as 'the enemy' who are out to **** my day up! Gone is the day when people thank you for giving way to them or stopping at a pedestrian crossing,and in actual fact I'm fairly sure some pedestrians are unaware that they have actually crossed a busy main road, because they were totally involved in announcing to one and all on social media that they had a very satisfying dump before leaving home earlier!I had one of those situations recently when a guy walked straight off the kerb head down in the world of what?? then suddenly realised where he was and looked up at me and mouthed the word ''sorry!'' My thoughts were...yeah you would be really sorry when you're  spread all over the road by 2 tons of R8 you teewat!
Personally I don't think there's is any way of improving the appalling standard of driving in this country,and although like quite a few of us I'm and advanced driver, there's very little of those skills that is going to save me from being smacked from behind or t-boned by some knob who thinks red lights are for pussies....see them every day!and the real worrying thing is,that of my own reactions after being involved in a shunt that's clearly someone elses fault.... :-\ >:( :-\ >:(

Lad at work is up before the beak, due to some silly bint stepping off the pavement, then stopping halfway, he clipped her, she was in her world, lads up for due care, lucky he was in his car, or would be a different outcome.
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #440 on: 17 September 2016, 13:07:01 »

All cars now have dash cams,only a matter of time before I collect a new bonnet mascot,hopefully blood spatter is easy to clean of matt vinyl wrap ::) :)

ted_one

« Reply #441 on: 17 September 2016, 13:20:19 »

Thinking...there is an upside to all of this,that being if you walk/drive around with your head firmly jammed into your anal cavity whilst texting etc,then this should automatically qualify that person to be a fully paid up organ donor....brain NO! but all other parts O.K for recycling...job's a good 'un :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 17 September 2016, 14:47:11 »

Makes perfect sense.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 18 September 2016, 10:26:25 »

Tunnie, are you coming to Brakkers this weekend, if so, pop your new ride around so I can take the piss admire it :y

I know its not my next car (FWD, VAG, underpowered), but you can take me for a blast anyway, see if you can sway me...

I won't say what Mrs TB was ranting about all VW drivers after a Passat was driving like a pillock, as the word censor would go crazy.  I then told her you bought a VW ;D

Sorry, had a change of plan. Had to come home late last night, so did not have a chance to come back via Brackley.

You would not like it anyway, but as for under powered I've found its got plenty of go for me. Mid-range it pulls really well 40-80mph, I do wonder if he has had a remap as it feels lot faster than 140bhp

Fully loaded with mates on board and full boot, did not notice it. Liking diesel so far, approaching 500 miles with still 3rd of the tank left.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 18 September 2016, 12:39:25 »

Diesel suits your driving style Tunnie. And the reason if feels more powerful is because the figure you are actually comparing is torque ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 18 September 2016, 13:58:11 »

Blimey, 30 pages, might overtake young bears 0-60 thread :o
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 18 September 2016, 15:05:19 »

Be quicker getting there too :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 18 September 2016, 20:56:23 »

Be quicker getting there too :D

:D :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 18 September 2016, 22:00:13 »

I had a 2 litre diesel passat hire car for three weeks. Superb fuel economy and plenty of go. Auto too. Overall really liked car but have to wonder at reliability when ten years old. Plus a lot of gadgets to go wrong later in life like auto engine stop/start.  How much is a dpf and at what age?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 19 September 2016, 21:21:59 »

Diesel suits your driving style Tunnie. And the reason if feels more powerful is because the figure you are actually comparing is torque ;)

Not to mention that the Passat is probably making closer to its "as new" bhp output than a Mig with more than a decade and 100k miles under its wheels.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.