Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Premium Bonds  (Read 2053 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Premium Bonds
« Reply #30 on: 04 December 2021, 15:59:52 »

My mum bought several Premium Bonds way back in 1956 when they first started and hasn't won a single bean. Well, when I say this, I assume that it's up to the individual to check for themselves as obviously there was no internet or email back then to check or be notified. It only reminded me when I read this thread and looked in their safe and found them.
She could have missed out but hey ho, it wouldn't do her any good now. It would have just been more that the care companies could have taken off her.

All on line now so simple, informed of wins by email & winnings paid straight into allocated bank account, only had ours for about a year now but had several wins this month's being the biggest so far..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 December 2021, 16:11:05 »

My mum bought a fivers worth when they first became available died at 96yr old & never won a thing.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 December 2021, 16:19:20 »

My mum bought several Premium Bonds way back in 1956 when they first started and hasn't won a single bean. Well, when I say this, I assume that it's up to the individual to check for themselves as obviously there was no internet or email back then to check or be notified. It only reminded me when I read this thread and looked in their safe and found them.
She could have missed out but hey ho, it wouldn't do her any good now. It would have just been more that the care companies could have taken off her.

All on line now so simple, informed of wins by email & winnings paid straight into allocated bank account, only had ours for about a year now but had several wins this month's being the biggest so far..

:y

So we'll never know if she missed out for all of those years. Bit late in the day to register her details now but, as you say, email has made it much easier to be notified.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 December 2021, 19:10:28 »

What I don't get is the need for anyone to to post about how much money they have invested in various products, how much money they are intending to invest, returns on some of these investments and 'wins' - it comes across as 'gloating' to me, I'm sorry. Some of us are surviving adequately on our incomes, some are comfortable, and obviously some have newfound wealth that they feel they have to talk publicly about. Some have worked hard, invested well, and seen good returns over the years, so every credit to them; some have purely inherited a large chunk of their wealth - again fair play to them, but please - keep it to yourself, and refrain from 'crowing' about how much money you have (that's how it comes across to me). There are at least 7 such references in this topic alone.
I liken it to the one lad who brags about how many girls he has had, when in reality........
I have had in excess of 12k in returns from investments so far this calender year (which I wouldn't dream of bragging about normally) so all this talk about how much money (or little on the face of it) has been received doesn't do anyone any favours.
Sorry, I apologise if my comments offend anyone, but I had to say it......
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 December 2021, 19:26:24 »

If we are bragging then I am trying to get my hands on a brand new Aston Martin Valkyrie  ::) ::)

Just cant decide on Matchbox or Dinky :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 December 2021, 19:36:46 »

Well,,, if we’re bragging I want to get my hands and lips around a nice pair of firm juicy ... erm what they called now🤪
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 December 2021, 19:46:30 »

Well,,, if we’re bragging I want to get my hands and lips around a nice pair of firm juicy ... erm what they called now🤪
Plums?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05 December 2021, 00:38:33 »

No, I think they’re a little higher up, bigger, and have cherries on the ends🤣💋
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05 December 2021, 11:29:24 »

Piles?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05 December 2021, 15:27:45 »

No, just two will do nicely thanks :y :y :D
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 December 2021, 10:58:04 »

I was bought some when I was very young. Not a penny.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 December 2021, 17:15:48 »

One of my £1/0/0d premium bonds bought in 1965 has come up twice with wins; £30 and £50 respectively if I remember correctly - it was sooooooon spent!! ::) ::) ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.