Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any HR gurus about?  (Read 4318 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: Any HR gurus about?
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2015, 08:47:56 »

I have just been through this with ACAS you termination period goes on your pay frequency. SO if you are paid weekly you or employer give each other a weeks notice if you are paid monthly you give a month. IF it went to tribunal because your contract state 2-3 mnths (as mine did) it would be ruled as that length of time is unreasonable and could never be enforced

The rate of pay and position also comes into it - nobody/ very few people gets paid quarterly for example. In these cases monthly paid will be deemed obliged to observe the longer notice periods commensurate with overall package and duties.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2015, 10:12:21 »

I have just been through this with ACAS you termination period goes on your pay frequency. SO if you are paid weekly you or employer give each other a weeks notice if you are paid monthly you give a month. IF it went to tribunal because your contract state 2-3 mnths (as mine did) it would be ruled as that length of time is unreasonable and could never be enforced
But surely you knew that when you read the contract... ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2015, 10:13:14 »

As said 2 months unless they produce other evidence where the system was set out and you clearly agreed this giving weight to the typo argument. I would expect them in any case to go with 2 months. Shame you do not have more arguments for constructive dismissal - if you had strong grounds you could chance it and be off tomorrow

I have strong grounds for discrimination against my current client but nothing against my employers.

I would burn all my bridges on the continent if i did anything about it though.
Aloha!

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2015, 10:46:03 »

As said 2 months unless they produce other evidence where the system was set out and you clearly agreed this giving weight to the typo argument. I would expect them in any case to go with 2 months. Shame you do not have more arguments for constructive dismissal - if you had strong grounds you could chance it and be off tomorrow

I have strong grounds for discrimination against my current client but nothing against my employers.

I would burn all my bridges on the continent if i did anything about it though.
Aloha!

Trust me, that is still WIP :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 August 2015, 10:48:13 »

Yes, plenty of us on 3 months, but paid monthly, I'm sure.

The way around it is to get a job with a competitor. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 15 August 2015, 11:15:50 »

Wifey is paid monthly, but has to give a full school term (circa 3 months) notice.

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 15 August 2015, 11:27:22 »

Wifey is paid monthly, but has to give a full school term (circa 3 months) notice.
Not unreasonable given her occupation  ;)

IIRC a term is standard for teaching staff, even when I was at school ;)

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 15 August 2015, 11:29:29 »

Not unreasonable given her occupation  ;)
No, and it works both ways. Three months is a good amount of time to find something else if things go wrong and three months guaranteed wages gives you a chance of a softer landing.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2015, 16:39:48 »

not if you work for some showers like I have in the past and you don't get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 August 2015, 17:32:29 »

Sky it's 3 month notice as standard now (in technology circles anyway), unless you go to the competition. Then it's on gardening leave the next day and not allowed back in  ;D

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 August 2015, 01:25:25 »

Yes, plenty of us on 3 months, but paid monthly, I'm sure.

The way around it is to get a job with a competitor. ;D

Agreed, they will let you go straight away, even potentially as soon as they read you resignation, clear you desk, usually 'supervised'............ :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.