Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Aldi  (Read 5654 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Aldi
« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2020, 13:00:58 »

Another bonus of online shopping is we don't have to park in the car parks of supermarkets, in doing so avoiding all  the idiots who fling their doors open and leave unsightly creases in the body panels. Don't think we will ever go back to trudging round pushing trolleys queuing  & screaming brats+ 🍺 delivered to my door 😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 May 2020, 13:01:30 »

We are using the 'click and collect' facility at Sainbury's.

Buy and pay for the shopping online then drive to the car park. Pretty girl then puts all the shopping in the car.

Ten minutes. :y

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 26 May 2020, 13:04:20 »

Buy and pay for the shopping online then drive to the car park. Pretty girl then puts all the shopping in the car.

There was queue for this in Asda yesterday, blocking the car park for those of us who don't trust some slip of a girl to chose our shopping for us.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 May 2020, 13:05:42 »

What is it about Northerners that leave them completely devoid of the ability to process sarcasm?
 ;D
When did you cease being a northerner and become a mouthy southy?
Birth :P
Thought you hailed from north of the border?
By descent, pun intended.

Great grandmother on Dad's side was Orcadian born and bred ;)
I see. Have you got ginger hair and a predilection for tennants superbrew?  ;D
Sod off ;D The Islanders distill their booze. And not a ginger hair in sight... Well apart from a single persistent bastid on my chin :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2020, 13:07:21 »

There was queue for this in Asda yesterday, blocking the car park for those of us who don't trust some slip of a girl to chose our shopping for us.

They always f*uck the order up. Not a problem though, a quick call and they give you all the stuff you didn't order for free. This week we had a chicken and a big bag of sausages.  :y

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 26 May 2020, 13:08:46 »

They always f*uck the order up. Not a problem though, a quick call and they give you all the stuff you didn't order for free. This week we had a chicken and a big bag of sausages.  :y
Lincolnshire sausages, I hope.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 May 2020, 13:40:47 »

Stopped buying anything at Tesco since they started promoting Halal meat. In the UK fox hunting is banned, lots of animal rights/cruelty laws, but non stun slaughter is ok? Anyway just my decision.

I rarely go to Aldi anyway. Just don't like it.

Our Lidl is ok . . . in the evening. Almost empty

Best is a small local Co-Op. OK, they don't have everything, but almost, and prices are good. Customer numbers and distancing well controlled in a nice way.   :y   :y   :y
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 May 2020, 14:00:33 »

Still started lockdown at 15 stone.  Now 13 stone 3 lbs

Well done!  :y :y :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 May 2020, 14:01:52 »

Fair play to Tescos for publically admitting it.

Just because the others don't shout about it, doesn't mean that they don't sell it (or buy from suppliers that do)  :-X

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 26 May 2020, 14:41:44 »

Most fast food outlets use halal meat. Pointless excluding the Asian population when they know the English will eat anything put in front of them, no questions asked.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26 May 2020, 14:52:02 »

I think the point is, that we have all kinds of animal protection laws and protections in place in this country, as the worlds most animal loving country.
Therefore there should be an outright ban on Halal meat being produced, sold, or consumed in this country, rather than pandering to those who produce, sell, and consume it.
Its all part of the hypocrisy of political correctness gone mad imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26 May 2020, 14:52:16 »

Don't frequent fast food outlets at all now ,I used to but since having diabetes watch carefully what I eat SWMBO makes burgers for us with minced steak on the odd occasion we have them , the only "takeaway" we have now is when  we go to Hunstanton maybe once or twice a year Fish & Chips are great there.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26 May 2020, 14:54:02 »

I think the point is, that we have all kinds of animal protection laws and protections in place in this country, as the worlds most animal loving country.
Therefore there should be an outright ban on Halal meat being produced, sold, or consumed in this country, rather than pandering to those who produce, sell, and consume it.
Its all part of the hypocrisy of political correctness gone mad imo.

Absolutely agree 100 percent I hate the way we have to acknowledge their nonsense. If that offends anyone tough.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26 May 2020, 15:50:43 »

Most fast food outlets use halal meat. Pointless excluding the Asian population when they know the English will eat anything put in front of them, no questions asked.

They use what ever is cheapest,  fast food outlets buy from the brovers cah n carry,  I've seen frozen/chill product left outside for hours then put away later in the day,,  Also our ethnic brovers working in food factory's were they produce pork products, , Remember being a good Muslin doesn't stop you making money buy selling pork and non-halal products to the infadels..
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 26 May 2020, 16:38:05 »

Don't frequent fast food outlets at all now ,I used to but since having diabetes watch carefully what I eat SWMBO makes burgers for us with minced steak on the odd occasion we have them , the only "takeaway" we have now is when  we go to Hunstanton maybe once or twice a year Fish & Chips are great there.
Mostly because they're all closed ::)

Incidentally, best fish and chips in Norfolk was at Potters Fish Bar, at Potter Heigham bridge. Apparently no more, but the one over the river seems to be well received  :y
« Last Edit: 26 May 2020, 16:43:19 by Doctor Gollum »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.