Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange central locking / interior light problem on -00 executive  (Read 4982 times)

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile

Hello, and greetings from Finland it's -27 degrees here and my Omega isnt working as it should be. :'(

Car is MY00 x30xe manual executive and it has very strange problem with the central locking. Couple months ago central locking just stopped working, fob doesnt do anything neither the key in the door lock. All doors work if I press the pin down and the drivers door by turning the key. Boot wont open via the fob, or the button on the dash. At the same time interior light came on, and wouldnt go off and the map lights worked neither. I thought something froze and took the car to warm carage for a weekend. Nothing changed. I took the bulbs out of interior light and started to investigate the matter. Read numerous topics in this forum trying to find someone with the same problem but nothing, everywhere the fault was drivers locking motor microswitches so I took another motor from older omega and changed it to mine, and interior light went off and the map lights started to work. but central locking and boot is still dead. Interior light won't work from headlight switch neither. All lights in doors work and rear roof lights too. drivers puddle light sometimes needs some shaking in the door switch to light. Red led in fob works but I cant resync fob by turning ignition on and pressing any button, nothing happens.

I've already checked:

Earthing point over Central locking ecu

Boot wires near the linkage

All fuses are ok

Lost my nerves hundreds of times and ordered "My Naff Code Reader" from ebay so I could check if there is any fault codes.

I Would really appreciate if someone has any thoughts of whats going on.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Strange central locking / interior light problem on -00 executive
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2015, 20:04:27 »

Sounds like a job for Dr Kevin Wood. ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2015, 10:06:57 »

My Initial thoughts would be to check the Ignition Barrel is fully popping out when the key is removed and or the key in sensor switch on the barrel is working / doing its job.  :-\
« Last Edit: 07 January 2015, 10:09:02 by zirk »

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2015, 10:33:38 »

My Initial thoughts would be to check the Ignition Barrel is fully popping out when the key is removed and or the key in sensor switch on the barrel is working / doing its job.  :-\

So I should take ignition barrel out for inspection. What do you mean by "or the key in sensor switch on the barrel is working / doing its job.  :-\" what is it supposed to do? what kind of a sensor?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2015, 14:02:38 »

So I should take ignition barrel out for inspection. What do you mean by "or the key in sensor switch on the barrel is working / doing its job:-\" what is it supposed to do? what kind of a sensor?
Have a physical look first, when you remove / pull the key out the barrel pops out a few millimeters, if the barrel sticks / stays in then you wont be able to lock the car with the Remote Fob (cant remember if it lets you lock with the key in drivers door or not) as it thinks the key is still in the Ignition. Same deal if your car is of the type where you have to remove the key to open the Boot via the Dash Switch.

The 'Key In Sensor' is not a physical sensor as such, its part of the switch assembly thats attached to the back of the barrel and gets activated by movement of the barrel with the Key in and out, if that makes sense.

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2015, 16:08:34 »

I think the barrel is working right, because if I press the barrel down with my finger ( ignition turned clockwise and then anti-clockwise), and take key out buzzer and radio stays on (aftermarket HU) and when I release the barrel (take my finger off) radio and buzzer go off. All this with drivers door open. What next? :o
« Last Edit: 07 January 2015, 16:11:29 by joninono »

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2015, 14:56:28 »

More ideas? Anyone? Getting frustrated with this one....

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2015, 15:14:22 »

Try swapping the door switch on the A post...

Also to add, the resync only works with the doors/boot closed and ignition on :y
« Last Edit: 08 January 2015, 15:16:01 by Taxi Al »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2015, 15:20:38 »

Try swapping the door switch on the A post... ....

Not forgetting it's a double contact switch .... they tend to fail by NOT switching rather than staying switched, unless of course a wire has come off & is permanently to earth  :-\ doubt it though  :-\

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2015, 20:14:06 »

Few ideas that came to my mind:

-There is a microswitch in drivers door hande mechanism, could it be broken?
-I have Alpine 2din HU, it has been for about two years for now without any problems, any wires behind HU that have something to do with central locking? Could have been scrubbing something somehow?
-I have a second battery in boot, also been there for almost a year now, never any problems so shouldnt have anything to do with central locking?
-The drivers central locking motor I changed might been broken already? Would broken motor cause these issues?
-Are there any relays or something for the central locking that I should check?

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2015, 22:15:42 »

Hello, heres the latest update:

I got my "My Naff Code Reader" and im able to check any other systems fault codes but not the central locking.

I opened CL ecu and it looked fine to me, no burnt components or bad joints. I measured with a multimeter that the ecu gets +12v feed from battery and +12v from ignition, what else should I check? Is the ecu broken because "My Naff Code Reader" cant read it? No interior lights come on even with CL ecu removed. Any ideas?

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2015, 01:59:48 »

Firstly DO NOT USE THAT ANYWHERE NEAR ANY ECUs... It will potentially programme you out of using your car ever again.

Secondly, have you checked the bulbs?

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2015, 10:02:24 »

Firstly DO NOT USE THAT ANYWHERE NEAR ANY ECUs... It will potentially programme you out of using your car ever again.

Secondly, have you checked the bulbs?

Multimeter? How can it break anything?

I had the whole central locking box removed when I meausered from the two sockets. I think it has a shortcut somewhere in the cental locking loom and it earths from the wrong place? Is there anywhere a wiring diagram for the system?

Took the radio out to check the wires behind it, nothing wrong there.

And the bulbs are ok...

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2015, 14:40:02 »

I was referring to 'my naff code reader' :y

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2015, 15:19:36 »

I was referring to 'my naff code reader' :y

Hope that I didnt break anything. :D I took the CL ecu out again and found that if I shake it there seems to be something moving and rattling, took the case apart but theres nothing loose, probably component internally broken? Guess I have to get a new ecu and fobs for central locking... Took the wire looms plugs out from front door to check that is there any broken wires shorting but cant still connect to CL ecu. Anything else I could do? :'(
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.