Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange central locking / interior light problem on -00 executive  (Read 4966 times)

05omegav6

Re: Strange central locking / interior light problem on -00 executive
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2015, 15:37:06 »

Do you have access to another Omega :-\

Have you changed the battery in the fob?
« Last Edit: 24 January 2015, 15:39:27 by Taxi Al »

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2015, 20:44:59 »

Do you have access to another Omega :-\

Have you changed the battery in the fob?

Yes older estate Omega for scraps, why? i have tried with both fobs and they have quite new batteries and I dont think the fobs are the problem because the central locking doesnt work with the key in door lock or when sitting in car and pressing drivers lock pin down.

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2015, 21:15:50 »

Ok, try swapping the central locking ecu, then from inside the car with the doors shut, try the drivers door lock button. If this works then it confirms the ecu is faulty. I don't know if the remotes will work with a different ecu, but it would mean that you could then at least lock/unlock the car with the key.

This won't affect the immobiliser as that is an engine ecu circuit. If it does work, then it might be as simple as swapping the remote fobs with ones from the spare car :-\

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 January 2015, 09:43:20 »

Ok, try swapping the central locking ecu, then from inside the car with the doors shut, try the drivers door lock button. If this works then it confirms the ecu is faulty. I don't know if the remotes will work with a different ecu, but it would mean that you could then at least lock/unlock the car with the key.

This won't affect the immobiliser as that is an engine ecu circuit. If it does work, then it might be as simple as swapping the remote fobs with ones from the spare car :-\

Yes I thought of that too, shame I cant use the fobs since they arent integrated to key and have only 2 buttons, but I'll try that another ecu and see what happens!

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2015, 12:33:37 »

Central locking came back alive with the other ecu! It works with key in door lock and from pin and the donaters fob. Interior light works too. I cant access the boot because cl ecu was from older estate so now I have to get new ecu. Can I program my old key fobs to the new ecu? :y

ps. I quess the motor I changed to drivers door is broken because sometimes when I lock the car it unlocks it immediatly.... :y

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2015, 16:19:52 »

Result :y

So just a new ecu and a new/fixed drivers door solenoid needed... should be able to reprogram the remotes. Do you have the car pass? Best left to main dealer, don't use 'my naff code reader' to programme it :y

joninono

• Finland
    • Omega executive 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2015, 11:10:03 »

All problem solved, got CL ecu from breakers with same part number, installed it and paired my keys to it with my "My Naff Code Reader".

Job well done! :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.