Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Cold and when started loud chattering sound V6 (Cadillac Catera/Omega)  (Read 1025 times)

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile

It was very cold during the last week here in Toronto. I started my car I heard chattering sound. It decreased a bit the first day and now has gotten much worse that I am fearful of taking it on the road. It is still very cold.

I recently changed car oil and added GM Engine Oil Supplement. The oil pressure indicates very high oil pressure that stays mostly very high as the coolant stays at 1/4 setting of the dial even after extended driving during the past two days.

I was thinking of taking apart and cleaning the breathers as the Cam gaskets areas is wet with oil but not profusely. It appears the Cam area is starved or the Cam Cover gaskets are blown and I was also getting some burnt oil smell inside the car. There are no codes either pending or set.

I do have spare cam cover gaskets that are available to me as well as the other general gaskets for the plenum, etc.

Should I just get rid of the recent oil that I added may be it has become too thickened to do proper lubrication considering -18/-20 Celsius temperatures spell.

I searched under "loud chattering" but have not successfully found other posts.

Any advice/guidance is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2017, 18:12:27 by TestOmega »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Breathers are essentially a service item, and should at least be checked at every oil change...

Next step really depends on the outcome of your other post :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile

Hello

What is "Very Cold in Toronto", here in Finland my 2.6 V6 (Y26SE) works well e.g. in -25 degrees Celsius or colder. I usually just take care that coolant is ok (-36 C) and use e.g. 5W50 motor oil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.