Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOTS & DIPSTICKS  (Read 1201 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
MOTS & DIPSTICKS
« on: 22 May 2007, 19:02:43 »

Trying to book my car tax online and by phone, they could'nt obtain my MOT details, was certain I had it done in December :-/, went round to the MOT see if I could get a duplicate, turns out I never got it done, so I have been driving around for the past 6 months without an MOT :-[, Luckily enough I have'nt been in any accidents. Needless to say I had the MOT done yesterday, and have now renewed my tax ALL LEGAL AT LAST :y

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
Re: MOTS & DIPSTICKS
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2007, 20:03:00 »

now i see what "dipstick" was reference to!

I'm thinking you'd need to explain if you sell the car why the MOT doesn't tie in with the age of the car!
« Last Edit: 22 May 2007, 20:05:27 by D4NNY »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2007, 20:08:01 »

now i see what "dipstick" was reference to!

I'm thinking you'd need to explain if you sell the car why the MOT doesn't tie in with the age of the car!

Well genuine mistake a dipstick would make :-[ ;D ;D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2007, 22:15:59 »

Dipstick  [smiley=evil.gif]
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2007, 00:03:06 »

Trying to book my car tax online and by phone, they could'nt obtain my MOT details, was certain I had it done in December :-/, went round to the MOT see if I could get a duplicate, turns out I never got it done, so I have been driving around for the past 6 months without an MOT :-[, Luckily enough I have'nt been in any accidents. Needless to say I had the MOT done yesterday, and have now renewed my tax ALL LEGAL AT LAST :y

Ooops!
I'd have thought that in this modern computerised age where your MOT is recorded on computer etc etc that we'd now get a reminder from VOSA (or whoever) when it was about to expire - same as the 'road tax' ..... but we don't  :(

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2007, 09:03:45 »

they were once on about scrapping the tax reminders at one point IIRC

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2007, 10:58:30 »

Ooops!
I'd have thought that in this modern computerised age where your MOT is recorded on computer etc etc that we'd now get a reminder from VOSA (or whoever) when it was about to expire - same as the 'road tax' ..... but we don't  :(

That would be handy for likeminded forgetful dipsticks like me :o...I am sure theres plenty of them out there ;D ;D

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2007, 11:50:43 »

I did that last year.

I had to get a duplicate MOT certificate made up because of some unclear handwriting on the handwritten one that meant they wouldn't issue me with a tax disk. (I ask you!?!? Just because a 'Z' looked a bit like a '2'! Farkin' jobsworths!!  >:( ).

I never thought anything more about it until it was approaching the MOT date, (July 20th), it turned out they'd inadvertantly changed the date on it to June, so I'd officially been driving around without an MOT for a month!!
If I have to explain you won't understand!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2007, 12:03:22 »

I did that last year.

I had to get a duplicate MOT certificate made up because of some unclear handwriting on the handwritten one that meant they wouldn't issue me with a tax disk. (I ask you!?!? Just because a 'Z' looked a bit like a '2'! Farkin' jobsworths!!  >:( ).

I never thought anything more about it until it was approaching the MOT date, (July 20th), it turned out they'd inadvertantly changed the date on it to June, so I'd officially been driving around without an MOT for a month!!

Hope you did'nt have to pay for the duplicate?

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2007, 12:10:27 »

Hope you did'nt have to pay for the duplicate?

No, but I had to wait a helluva long time for it as it was over Christmas/New Year and I had to get it sent from Berkshire!!
If I have to explain you won't understand!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.