Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: drivers door lock HELP!!!!!  (Read 652 times)

david2310

• croydon
    • View Profile
drivers door lock HELP!!!!!
« on: 07 March 2011, 12:40:07 »

hi since the snow my car has developed a fault with the divers door lock, before the snow i could open and lock the car from the remote, since the snow that is not an option so i use the key which was fine for a little while, now the lock seams to jam wont unlock the car so at the moment when this happenes i have to use the remote to unlock the rest of the car and use pliers to get in, im hopeing theres an easy fix please help

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: drivers door lock HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2011, 12:47:18 »

might have been worth scanning this section, identical thread about 10 topics down  ;)

ock solenoid has gone in the lock motor, have a read of this:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1175610013

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2011, 12:51:31 »

hi since the snow my car has developed a fault with the divers door lock, before the snow i could open and lock the car from the remote, since the snow that is not an option so i use the key which was fine for a little while, now the lock seams to jam wont unlock the car so at the moment when this happenes i have to use the remote to unlock the rest of the car and use pliers to get in, im hopeing theres an easy fix please help

Just one section at a time please, no need for multiple posts for the same problem.  :y

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2011, 13:20:37 »

David this is an easy fix,
Get a new or second hand lock solonoid and remove the door card, peel back carefully the membrane and you will see the lock solonoid, it is held if i remember bya couple of screws/bolts, disconect the electrical plug and remove, replace is reversal of removal as they say.
NOTE, THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF PLUG USED DEPENDING ON MODEL YEAR, BOTH CAN BE USED BUT YOU MAY NEED A CABLE TIE TO KEEP THE 2 HALFS TOGETHER. :y
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.