Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Watchdog  (Read 1498 times)

STMO123

Watchdog
« on: 16 January 2008, 20:04:25 »

Did anyone watch Watchdog tonight? Apparently the new corsas are afflicted with the same handbrake problems as modern vectras/signums, namely the handbrake slips off when the cars is parked.
One point that I found interesting was that Vx say that if the handbrake is applied properly, it wont happen. By properly, they say it should be pulled on WITHOUT depressing the release button, which is how I was taught. However, these days people are taught to depress the button to save wear to the ratchet mechanism. Vx say theirs was designed to be used without depressing the button. Vague?

cem_devecioglu

Re: Watchdog
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2008, 20:06:21 »

Did anyone watch Watchdog tonight? Apparently the new corsas are afflicted with the same handbrake problems as modern vectras/signums, namely the handbrake slips off when the cars is parked.
One point that I found interesting was that Vx say that if the handbrake is applied properly, it wont happen. By properly, they say it should be pulled on WITHOUT depressing the release button, which is how I was taught. However, these days people are taught to depress the button to save wear to the ratchet mechanism. Vx say theirs was designed to be used without depressing the button. Vague?

:o :-?

I love my meggy much more..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2008, 20:07:15 »

Is it due to the ratchet mechanism then?

I thought it was the age old problem of handbrakes operating disk brake calipers. Park up with red hot disk and it loosens as it cools. Then again I doubt Corsas have disks all round :-/.

It's a pretty dodgy ratchet mechanism if that's what's giving way. Surely VX have learnt how to make one that works after all this time?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2008, 20:10:05 »

I thought it was the age old problem of handbrakes operating disk brake calipers. Park up with red hot disk and it loosens as it cools. Then again I doubt Corsas have disks all round :-/.

It's a pretty dodgy ratchet mechanism if that's what's giving way. Surely VX have learnt how to make one that works after all this time?

Kevin

Vx wont admit anything but are going to recall all vectras/signums to fit 'a spring'  ;D

waspy

« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2008, 20:16:09 »

Mrs W only ever uses her handbrake & never puts it in gear & the amount of times i've said to her, but does she listen  :(
Iv'e even tried showing her what happens when the handbrake fails or the cable snaps.

I'm certain one day she'll come back to her car & it'll be embeded in something or someone :( :( :( :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2008, 20:44:42 »

Kevin

Vx wont admit anything but are going to recall all vectras/signums to fit 'a spring'  ;D

A pair of chocks in the boot, more like. ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

waspy

« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2008, 20:54:11 »

Kevin

Kevin

My Grandfather used to carry a brick every where he went, back in the fifties & sixties, ;D then in the eighties he became an Advanced driver for a while before becoming an instructor with the IAM & i think Rospa too.

STMO123

« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2008, 21:14:57 »

Kevin

Kevin

My Grandfather used to carry a brick every where he went, back in the fifties & sixties, ;D then in the eighties he became an Advanced driver for a while before becoming an instructor with the IAM & i think Rospa too.

A lot of drivers in Liverpool carry a brick.........and a bat.......and a gun....... ::) ;D
« Last Edit: 16 January 2008, 21:15:18 by STMO123 »

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2008, 21:18:37 »

Oiiii!!! >:( we're cultured now you know ;)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

STMO123

« Reply #9 on: 16 January 2008, 21:23:48 »

Sorry Tone. ;D Just been watching all the new, exciting stuff that's being built on the telly. Spoke to my sister in law on the phone and she tells me none of it's finished!
I'll have to come as a tourist in the summer. (Probably get mugged) :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2008, 22:01:10 »

A lot of drivers in Liverpool carry a brick.........and a bat.......and a gun.......

So, park up, idiot the handbrake with the bat a few times to make sure it's holding, place brick behind wheel and if it still rolls off, shoot the tyres out :y

Kevin

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2008, 22:03:19 »

A lot of drivers in Liverpool carry a brick.........and a bat.......and a gun.......

So, park up, idiot the handbrake with the bat a few times to make sure it's holding, place brick behind wheel and if it still rolls off, shoot the tyres out :y

Kevin
Excellent  ;D your on fire tonight Kevin :y

STMO123

« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2008, 22:04:57 »

Kevin

:y :y ;D

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2008, 22:05:00 »

Sorry Tone. ;D Just been watching all the new, exciting stuff that's being built on the telly. Spoke to my sister in law on the phone and she tells me none of it's finished!
I'll have to come as a tourist in the summer. (Probably get mugged) :D
That's because someones "had it away with all the cement and tools ::)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 January 2008, 22:24:10 »

Kevin
Excellent  ;D your on fire tonight Kevin :y

Arson??????????????? Or an Insurance Job ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.