Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rewelded cat and endoscope check of matrix*2 omega b2.2 16v 99/11  (Read 916 times)

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile

Pround owner of of 3 omegas. Anyway bought this beater with a wrecked clutch, dicovered after removing gearbox. It also had missfire and vibrations, and all of sorts of error codes including lamda sensor and so on. When the cat unit was removed, i had it examined and the flexjoint had been replaced and welded by an amateur. I'm an amateur also but can produce a decent and pitfree weld if i want to. These welds were so poor that one could se inside the pipe... the pits were sealed with exhaust cement, making it a tad more difficult to reweld the cats.
I had ro regrind the entire unit and weld with flux wire to have a good and tight weld. Very thin walls made in a pain in the butt, frankly.. But after an hour or two it is solid, and no leaks. I heard that the cats can be blocked, if there is a missfire due to plugged leads from crankcase and or oil on the plugs (which it was) But also the imbalance from the broken clutch, seemed to have influence on my motors shitty running... I did buy a cheap endoscope, and had a look. T he 2 cats seem new almost. No blockage or damage to the matrixes, as i see it. Buying an endoscope for 6 usb was a good investment to have a look inside ?     https://1drv.ms/a/s!ArBj6H9FNrozoACqpeqBOmDDdLKf

STEMO

Re: Rewelded cat and endoscope check of matrix*2 omega b2.2 16v 99/11
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2020, 18:09:22 »

Is that noise at the end you falling over something?  ;D

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
Re: Rewelded cat and endoscope check of matrix*2 omega b2.2 16v 99/11
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2020, 20:19:00 »

Is that noise at the end you falling over something?  ;D
It  might be the garage ghost.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.