Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: you might like this  (Read 15271 times)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
Re: you might like this
« Reply #45 on: 13 April 2021, 09:19:42 »

Back on the wiring, detangled a lot of dash loom and shortened the bit that goes to engine by fitting some plugs. Moved relay box to left of dash . Today will be sorting and shortening the wires that I put plugs on that went to the original connector blocks ow that I know where the loom is fitting. Took about 2 foot or more from engine loom , main feed wire is going over to bulkhead connector on r/h as battery wire runs from rear to starter . Well its keeping the grey matter active !!
 Lost the list I made of the connections for brake pipes to ABS unit , manual is no help as not even a photo. Have put a help post up but no response yet.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 April 2021, 10:24:19 »

replied to your help post
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14 April 2021, 18:56:14 »

Cheers, did some more wiring today. My pile of discarded cable is getting larger!!

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19 April 2021, 21:03:14 »

Well central locking now works just needs a remote, have to check window motors work. The indicator switch is duff for r/h side , need to find why there is no feed to wiper fuse . Had to disconnect parking light wires as they dont work proper with Golf light switch (back feed) no great loss. Forgot to work out reverse light wires and the heated rear window switch not working , was going to use it to power air ride pump. Horns work!!!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20 April 2021, 14:46:22 »

Excellent progress :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20 April 2021, 16:02:16 »

You certainly seem to know what you are doing girl :y :y

Very impressed 8) 8)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20 April 2021, 19:57:42 »

Well duff fuse on wiper feed, it looked and tested fine across top . window motors work, joined the red wire to black wire so it now works with ign on. sorted a load more stuff as well and refitted dash to check fuse and relay box mounts, switch and clocks cables reach etc.
 Never had a problem with electrics (50 years as a mechanic) but electronics----------

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 April 2021, 09:16:08 »

well hopefully will finish dash wiring today, did a final detangle yesterday. Laid dash loom out on a length of old work top and managed to get 95% of wires to run without crossing. Had to cut one as it was rapped around the rest of cables 3 times and ended up removing 4ins from it!!! Can bundle it all up now after another test , have some old school loom tape to tidy things with. Ordered a remote locking kit as well . 

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26 April 2021, 20:51:15 »

After it worked last time the central locking wont lock again , spent ages wire chasing and its all fine. Remote lock kit turned up today so if I can work out how to wire it will see if that works.
Bloody inter net has gone on a go slow, cant load pics up for ABS (insert swear word of your choice)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 27 April 2021, 17:17:08 »

Central locking sorted, I might have got the wrong brown wire with a red trace ------------(well there is 3) . Hawk remote fitted and works fine but needed to refit the relay that flashes indicators. Now all I need is a chip for the key.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08 May 2021, 16:14:39 »

So did a compression test, engine has sat since cambelt jumped nearly 20years.slight oil in o/s plug holes n/s full up to the top!!!! Cleaned it all out as best I could and put some oil down the bores then spun it over with plugs out, did test and found nos 1, 2  and 4 have no compression at all the other 3 are fine . At least it will be only a few valves then.
Think I have worked out the ABS pipe layout , fitted bonnet and found rib inside is fouling brake res . Bit of relief work and maybe if I can find one a thinner  res ? Worked out intake pipe work, just need someone to make some tubing up with a very tight radius.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 May 2021, 09:25:12 »

So did a compression test, engine has sat since cambelt jumped nearly 20years.slight oil in o/s plug holes n/s full up to the top!!!! Cleaned it all out as best I could and put some oil down the bores then spun it over with plugs out, did test and found nos 1, 2  and 4 have no compression at all the other 3 are fine . At least it will be only a few valves then.
Think I have worked out the ABS pipe layout , fitted bonnet and found rib inside is fouling brake res . Bit of relief work and maybe if I can find one a thinner  res ? Worked out intake pipe work, just need someone to make some tubing up with a very tight radius.

If the cambelt has jumped then there will be bent valves, not to bad a job (just a long one) as the head and valve stems rarely suffer as a result.

Oil will be the cam covers leaking so check the breathers also  :y

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10 May 2021, 09:40:51 »

It will have a full top end rebuild and all the seals on bottom end renewed , paint job and Vectra sump fitting correctly as it was just stuck on to test engine fit.
Have worked  out intake route and its the same length as Omega but will curl back over cam covers with a plenum at rear and pipe with airflow meter coming back up centre of engine to airbox/filter housing in front of engine . 

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 May 2021, 09:22:29 »

So with a bit of head scratching and a bit of "luck" I managed to get the Morris Marina Lucas wiper motor working from the Omega switch with flick wipe/wash and variable delay. On the switch there is a feed from relay to speed one when switch is in off or delay (so of course wiper ran all the time) but by breaking this wire and connecting it through the park switch it works. Then joined the delay feed to the switch side of this wire and it worked (stands back in amassment ) so looks like thats all the wiring sorted till it goes in for final time, just stuff like lights, interior lights, accessory sockets ,radio to finalise but all the feeds are there.   

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22 May 2021, 10:20:26 »

It would be nice to see some new pictures of this build
sounds like you are working your way through the issues "one chunk at a time"  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.