Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh dear  (Read 6270 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Oh dear
« on: 28 April 2021, 22:29:47 »

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-9512583/New-Renault-Dacia-models-speeds-limited-112mph.html

The decision by Volvo - and now Renault - comes as new rules, provisionally agreed by the EU in 2019, could see Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) systems become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from next year.

The Department for Transport say that the UK will also make the same requirements of new models, despite Brexit. 
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2021, 23:16:12 »

Just wait until they try and impose it on Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. etc.  ::)
Renaults shouldnt be allowed to go anywhere near 112mph anyway, as they fall apart stood still.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2021, 23:20:33 »

JDM cars have had similar fitted for decades.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2021, 06:42:32 »

Can't have done, traffic sign recognition wasn't around then.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2021, 07:11:10 »

There'll be no more police interceptors on telly. 112mph will see baddies easily caught on motorways and, once the getaway cars electronics start recognising 30mph speed signs, the game's up.  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2021, 08:20:54 »

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-9512583/New-Renault-Dacia-models-speeds-limited-112mph.html

The decision by Volvo - and now Renault - comes as new rules, provisionally agreed by the EU in 2019, could see Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) systems become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from next year.......

There'll be loads of Dacia owners out there scratching their heads and thinking 'my Dacia didn't  reach 112mph anyway', so it won't need restricting.   ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2021, 08:31:21 »

The adaptive speed limiter legislation is not yet fully ratified, in simple terms, the current proposal is one that defaults on but can be turned off at every ignition cycle (many cars already have them but they default off or to the last known setting)   :y

The internal info on Renault is that its a bit of a cost save approach to, legally you must fit tyres rated to the cars top speed, limit the speed, fit lower rated tyres, save money.....

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2021, 08:40:26 »

There'll be no more police interceptors on telly. 112mph will see baddies easily caught on motorways and, once the getaway cars electronics start recognising 30mph speed signs, the game's up.  ;D

There will be no need for camera vans, hidden cameras in horse boxes etc. and no more NIP's through the post. I couldn't have been speeding officer, my car won't let me. They won't like that will they.  ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2021, 08:48:49 »

The adaptive speed limiter legislation is not yet fully ratified, in simple terms, the current proposal is one that defaults on but can be turned off at every ignition cycle (many cars already have them but they default off or to the last known setting)   :y

The internal info on Renault is that its a bit of a cost save approach to, legally you must fit tyres rated to the cars top speed, limit the speed, fit lower rated tyres, save money.....

Yep, and I assume why the traditional spare wheel is gradually disappearing. Reduced weight, reduced emissions and reduced costs.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2021, 09:26:19 »

Renault announce that all of their cars have had speed limited devices for decades and that device is the engine.

;)
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2021, 09:27:50 »

Yep, and I assume why the traditional spare wheel is gradually disappearing. Reduced weight, reduced emissions and reduced costs.

No need to assume. A spare wheel adds 1-2g of co2 per km, hence why you rarely get them now. Of course they could save a lot more by not adding a load of useless crap, but then it wouldn't be the car industry.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2021, 09:31:29 »

Another factor is that even small cars now have large diameter wheels, and there simply isn't space to fit something that needs a hole 700mm across by 250mm deep.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2021, 09:38:14 »

Maybe not but they have been speed limited for decades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_domestic_market :-X

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2021, 09:52:37 »

Another factor is that even small cars now have large diameter wheels, and there simply isn't space to fit something that needs a hole 700mm across by 250mm deep.

Actually, the major factor these days is that only about 2% of car drivers can actually change a wheel, rendering it bloody useless in most cases  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2021, 10:05:44 »

The show me/tell me part of the driving test is really effective then.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2021, 10:08:31 »

Actually, the major factor these days is that only about 2% of car drivers can actually change a wheel, rendering it bloody useless in most cases  :y

Everyone of them could get somebody else to do it for them. Which isn't possible when the cure for a flat tyre is an expensive, time consuming recovery to a new tyre. Add up the costs of that, and any potential economy savings from the weight reduction are gone even during business hours.

The car buyer never received the cost saving; the manufacturer got all of that.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2021, 11:14:39 »

Maybe not but they have been speed limited for decades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_domestic_market :-X
Yes, I know, but that was only a part of the article  :-X
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2021, 11:18:16 »

I buy a space saver for every car I buy, and I am so averse to being caught in the dark/wet with no more than a (probably out of date) bottle of goo, that no room for a spare means no purchase of the car.
If people are so useless that they can't change a wheel, what chance do they have with the goo?
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2021, 11:38:15 »

I buy a space saver for every car I buy, and I am so averse to being caught in the dark/wet with no more than a (probably out of date) bottle of goo, that no room for a spare means no purchase of the car.
If people are so useless that they can't change a wheel, what chance do they have with the goo?

Its legislation tick box..........  :y

I always have a spare generally on a car, but I know what to do with one (well, on cars where a spare fits!)

The standard approach these days is to get breakdown in.

In fact people call the breakdown for anything, its not unusual to see a roadside assist for low washer fluid!
« Last Edit: 29 April 2021, 14:33:32 by Marks DTM Calib »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2021, 11:41:13 »

Everyone of them could get somebody else to do it for them. Which isn't possible when the cure for a flat tyre is an expensive, time consuming recovery to a new tyre. Add up the costs of that, and any potential economy savings from the weight reduction are gone even during business hours.

The car buyer never received the cost saving; the manufacturer got all of that.

And again, the cost of which is not one paid for by the car manufacturer   :y

At the moment the costs saves here end up being spent other must haves such as ADAS  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2021, 11:51:11 »

Talking of costs, I'm going to start a new thread.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2021, 13:08:54 »

The decision by Volvo - and now Renault - comes as new rules, provisionally agreed by the EU in 2019, could see Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) systems become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from next year.

The Department for Transport say that the UK will also make the same requirements of new models, despite Brexit.

The nanny state should be part of TB's cull. :(

My car has a limiter, but because it has the optional 'speed pack' which originally cost it's first owner £2500, it is set at 186 MPH.

One good thing. Since the remap by Viezu, the soft limiter set at 4000 RPM, is no longer there. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 April 2021, 19:00:06 »

My car has a limiter, but because it has the optional 'speed pack' which originally cost it's first owner £2500, it is set at 186 MPH.

One good thing. Since the remap by Viezu, the soft limiter set at 4000 RPM, is no longer there. :y

So has mine, apparently, but I've no idea how to use it. Good job it doesn't default to on, because it picked up a 10 MPH limit sign in a side road with roadworks at 60 MPH on my commute the other day and kept flashing away at 10 MPH for several miles before it found a NSL sign. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 April 2021, 19:34:56 »

So has mine, apparently, but I've no idea how to use it. Good job it doesn't default to on, because it picked up a 10 MPH limit sign in a side road with roadworks at 60 MPH on my commute the other day and kept flashing away at 10 MPH for several miles before it found a NSL sign. ;D
It won't be long before your car is reporting you to the police  ;D
Diesel till I die

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 April 2021, 21:59:05 »

It won't be long before your car is reporting you to the police  ;D
The stories it could tell. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 April 2021, 23:09:15 »

Its legislation tick box..........  :y

I always have a spare generally on a car, but I know what to do with one (well, on cars where a spare fits!)

The standard approach these days is to get breakdown in.

In fact people call the breakdown for anything, its not unusual to see a roadside assist for low washer fluid!

There are cars that have a spacesaver spare, but the wheel you take off doesn't fit anywhere sensible. The mk1 TT and Beetles are like that. You have to put the original wheel on the passenger seat. Porsche 911s are similar. The first XC90s have a spacesaver in a cradle under the car, but the flat doesn't fit in it; instead you wrap the wheel in the bag supplied and put it in the boot. Cars fitted with the factory bodykit and twin exhausts don't have the cradle.

I've replaced spacesaver spares with a full sized one on several cars.

I went to one car with a flat that was still on the woman's drive. It wasn't a puncture, but was so badly worn it would no longer hold air. When I spotted that, I checked the other side, to find it too was worn through to the belts. When she asked if the tyre was repairable I declined to fit the spare as it was clear she would drive her leased company car until the other tyre failed. She claimed to be an engineer....

My best stupid comment was a non-start. When I told him the cause, the owner insisted it couldn't be a flat battery "because this is a BMW!" It was a 10 year old 316 that looked like the last time the bonnet had been opened was for the PDI.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 April 2021, 06:42:12 »

The Boxster is another case of nowhere to store the wheel if you fit the space saver. Im not even certain a rear wheel from mine would fit in the passenger seat.
Saw some pics of something a guy rigged up so he could strap a wheel to the bootlid, but seemed a lot of faffing around.
It would be a breakdown callout if I get a puncture. Particularly as the car currently doesnt even have a jack on board.
Porsche versions go for around £75 second hand !
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2021, 07:12:59 »

...She claimed to be an engineer....

Doesn't everyone, these days? >:(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 April 2021, 07:49:31 »

The Boxster is another case of nowhere to store the wheel if you fit the space saver. Im not even certain a rear wheel from mine would fit in the passenger seat.
Saw some pics of something a guy rigged up so he could strap a wheel to the bootlid, but seemed a lot of faffing around.
It would be a breakdown callout if I get a puncture. Particularly as the car currently doesnt even have a jack on board.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/99109/flat-tyres-are-the-top-cause-of-car-breakdown-call-outs
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 April 2021, 13:00:37 »

Where are the  pictures?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 April 2021, 14:34:16 »

Just for you.  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 April 2021, 14:44:51 »

Very nice. Is there enough room for a medium dog behind the seats or is that where the roof goes?

I remember BMW did research before they sprang their first car with no spare.  93,000 miles was the figure for puncture interval. So I wasnt too bothered when our car was tube of glue and a decent electric pump. Have had three punctures now in three years. One was a hole in sidewall big enough to poke your finger through..... I have got an alloy and tyre. Just need wheel change kit which command ridiculous prices at scrapyards, Ebay.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 April 2021, 14:47:53 »

Can you get someone to take a picture of the Porsche with you in it, Albs?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 April 2021, 14:53:29 »

The only thing behind the seats is the engine, and the roof sits on top of that. No room for anything else, its all very tight.
There is a boot at the front and rear though, so storage space is reasonable.
Presumably thats why it handles so well. The engine is ahead of the rear wheels. The front of the engine is only accessible by moving the seats forward and removing an access panel.
Rear tyres are 265/35/18 and I doubt would fit on the passenger seat, although I havent tried yet.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 April 2021, 14:54:46 »

No. My wife says it has mid life crisis all over it, which I deny. A photo would shatter my delusions.  ;D

Driving along with the top down and Bob Seger on the stereo, makes me feel 21 again, as long as I dont look in the rear view mirror.
So although it cost me £1900, its worth its weight in gold.  ;D

In all seriousness though, it really is a lovely old thing to drive, in a very different way to the Omega being a lovely old thing to drive.  :)

I will try and take some pics of the layout of the seats / roof/ engine and post them up soon.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2021, 15:00:12 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 April 2021, 15:00:36 »

Rather than see Mr Bitz ( which may frighten the horses and small children) how about some nubile totty to fill the passenger side.

Looks good though, and with a 2.7 litre lump should go quite well.

What has it cost you in total?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 April 2021, 15:01:56 »

Ah....just £1900. What's not to like. :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 April 2021, 15:07:22 »

A Porsche for the equivalent of your annual VED  :y
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 April 2021, 15:08:22 »

Only the same bhp as a 3.2 Omega, although half a ton lighter, so not super quick, but certainly quick enough to have fun with, and the handling is superb.
It needs a few things doing, but I always like a project. And I shouldnt ever lose money on it, which is unusual for one of my projects.
Would have preferred a 3.2 S (250bhp) and almost any colour but silver, but at that price I couldnt turn it down. ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 April 2021, 15:08:57 »

Thats made my day.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 April 2021, 15:12:48 »

Only the same bhp as a 3.2 Omega, although half a ton lighter, so not super quick, but certainly quick enough to have fun with, and the handling is superb.
It needs a few things doing, but I always like a project. And I shouldnt ever lose money on it, which is unusual for one of my projects.
Would have preferred a 3.2 S (250bhp) and almost any colour but silver, but at that price I couldnt turn it down. ;)

500KG  ( or 2 Suzuki Hayabusa) is quite a lot of weight to save so as you say the performance should be impressive if not 'rip your face off'  super quick.

If you have any spare Omega star silver paint hanging around you may be able to save yourself a few bob on repairs. ::) ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 April 2021, 15:13:52 »

Thats made my day.  ;D
Pocket change to Opti, of course.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 April 2021, 15:16:05 »

£600 for the mighty Signum and £600 for the Tata. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30 April 2021, 15:16:56 »

Not quite a Porsche then, just several omegas.  :)
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 April 2021, 15:18:07 »

Its Porsche Arctic Silver I will have you know.  :P :D
The power is very linear, with no big surge anywhere in the rev range, and also pretty torquey, so its a bit deceptive, until you look at the speedo and decide its time to slow down a bit.
My licence is my most precious possession these days.  ;)
At its best on B roads with nice fast sweeping bends, and there are plenty of those around here. Just the usual problem of always coming up behind someone doing a constant 38 mph in all conditions and circumstances.  ::)
The sound from the engine is absolutely gorgeous from the driving seat, as it sits just behind the driver.  8)
« Last Edit: 30 April 2021, 15:20:12 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 30 April 2021, 15:18:35 »

Not quite a Porsche then, just several omegas.  :)

I'd guess around a dozen.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30 April 2021, 15:19:55 »

Twelve Omega......£1200. ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30 April 2021, 15:21:48 »

We'd need a bigger internet to be able to answer that.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 30 April 2021, 15:23:06 »

Dont you start.  ;D

The thing not to like will be the cost of new tyres, and if anything goes seriously wrong with it.  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 30 April 2021, 15:26:20 »

Twelve Omega......£1200. ::)
And, if they were all 3.2's, another three grand or so in VED.  :)
Diesel till I die

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04 May 2021, 08:50:14 »

The decision by Volvo - and now Renault - comes as new rules, provisionally agreed by the EU in 2019, could see Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) systems become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from next year.......

There'll be loads of Dacia owners out there scratching their heads and thinking 'my Dacia didn't  reach 112mph anyway', so it won't need restricting.   ::)

The speed limit is 70, why not set the speed limiting software to 77 (What my wife's Astra shows on the clock when the GPS on the sat nav says 70 mph.

Just install my wife in every car and when you get to an indicated 70, (real GPS figure 65 mph) you can get an auditable warning from.inside the car.
Even when she's not installed, I get the warning in.my head.
Mind you I found out my sat nav records the max speed. Pointed out by my son who borrowed it. My excuse some sort of weird under bridge connectivity issue. Lucky he never mentioned it to his mother.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 May 2021, 14:23:37 »

Restricting speeds to the legal limit leaves no safety margin. Braking isn't always the safest option.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 May 2021, 17:21:32 »

The speed limit is 70, why not set the speed limiting software to 77 (What my wife's Astra shows on the clock when the GPS on the sat nav says 70 mph.

Just install my wife in every car and when you get to an indicated 70, (real GPS figure 65 mph) you can get an auditable warning from.inside the car.
Even when she's not installed, I get the warning in.my head.
Mind you I found out my sat nav records the max speed. Pointed out by my son who borrowed it. My excuse some sort of weird under bridge connectivity issue. Lucky he never mentioned it to his mother.

The Motorway speed limit in France is 130KPh -  about 82MPH. There is no Motorway speed limit in Germany (some parts at least). So that's at least 3 different speed limiters required depending where the car is being driven. Manufacturers aren't going to fit something that needs to be different in every country unless it's easily changed/updated. If it's easy to change/update, then every Joe Bloggs will do it. If they're forced to by legislation, then the customer will ultimately pay - meaning more expensive cars.

And I really don't fancy driving in a speed limited 70MPH car on a German autobahn where 140MPH+ is 'normal'. 

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 May 2021, 00:52:46 »

And I really don't fancy driving in a speed limited 70MPH car on a German autobahn where 140MPH+ is 'normal'.

I've done it in a VW Lupo (top speed about 90) and it was scary enough. :o

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 May 2021, 20:51:21 »

Try driving a truck at 56mph on an unrestricted German Autobahn!  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 May 2021, 21:12:46 »

There's a reason they're stuck in lane one during the day and banned at weekends  ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 May 2021, 12:02:19 »

Wish I could turn the speed limiter off on my company motor :P
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07 May 2021, 14:17:41 »

There's a reason they're stuck in lane one during the day and banned at weekends  ;)

This only applies to stretches of the Autobahn and mostly you can overtake, otherwise you'd end up with 'truck trains' with loads of trucks stuck behind some old Turkish or Iranian dog.  ::)

I once saw an old Merc bull nose wagon and drag on Iranian plates going along the Autobahn at about 45mph in a cloud of black smoke, and I think the 10-15 blokes crammed into the cab were as surprised to see the driver of the truck overtaking them sat in the passenger seat as I was at their crowded cab!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.