Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Russians are getting a bit tetchy  (Read 2623 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Russians are getting a bit tetchy
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2021, 18:57:26 »

If it kicks off and we start getting beat up by the Ruskies, I want everyone to know that I think Putin is a very nice man  ;D
In the words of Rudolph Abel... "Will it help?"
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2021, 20:24:31 »

If it kicks off and we start getting beat up by the Ruskies, I want everyone to know that I think Putin is a very nice man ;D

It is a well known fact that Vlad hates all scousers with a passion.

Ten years breaking rocks in Siberia will bring a flush of colour to your cheeks though. :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 June 2021, 20:38:41 »

If it kicks off and we start getting beat up by the Ruskies, I want everyone to know that I think Putin is a very nice man ;D

It is a well known fact that Vlad hates all scousers with a passion.

Ten years breaking rocks in Siberia will bring a flush of colour to your cheeks though. :y
Nah, he'll go for wokists first, and there's enough of them to keep him occupied for a good while.
Diesel till I die

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 June 2021, 23:01:21 »

I believe the Russians were conducting excercises in the area and HMS Defender identified itself and that it was sailing through the area .
Russian propaganda .

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 June 2021, 23:17:19 »

I believe the Russians were conducting excercises in the area and HMS Defender identified itself and that it was sailing through the area .
Russian propaganda .

I bet they got as close to the Russian exercise as they could whilst being able to claim they were legit though!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 June 2021, 11:16:32 »

Poke the bear and film the outcome...

Shipping lane or not, why would you?

Also, such a surprise that there just happened to be a BBC news crew on board ::)

The whole thing makes no sense. The comments on the bridge don't exactly paint the RN in a positive light, and they're by their own admission inside the twelve mile line regardless of whose waters they are...

Meanwhile, in other news... Oh wait :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 June 2021, 12:14:13 »

This "challenging" between Russian and NATO forces has been going on for decades, right back to the Cold War and Great Bear bombers entering UK airspace and having to be intercepted by RAF Lightning fighters with crews waving at each other :D :D :D.

The Russians love playing these games with our naval forces, as we do with theirs.  It is all a good training exercise for both navies.  Nothing at all to worry about now the USA is back on board ;D ;D ;D ;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2021, 12:58:41 »

The whole thing makes no sense. The comments on the bridge don't exactly paint the RN in a positive light, and they're by their own admission inside the twelve mile line regardless of whose waters they are...

It's an internationally recognised shipping lane. Lots of international treaties and legal precedents cover the free movement of shipping. It's similar to if you own a house which has a public right of way across the land. You cannot legally prevent anyone using the right of way. Sure they knew the Russians wouldn't like it, but so what?

What do you suppose would happen if the UK decided to deny passage of Russian shipping through the Dover straights or Gibraltar straights?

I think I saw my first SU-24 in (East) Germany in about 1990. The SU-24's are a minimal threat to a Type 45 - in-fact they were probably just providing valuable training targets to the crew in the battle room. Keep all your systems turned off so they can't learn much and then soak up as much intel on the Russians as possible.

You can probably expect much the same reaction from the Chinese later this year when the full CTF (not just one of the Destroyers) enters the South China Sea And we start flying F-35's over the artificial islands they've built out there.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 June 2021, 14:36:15 »

It's an internationally recognised shipping lane. Lots of international treaties and legal precedents cover the free movement of shipping. It's similar to if you own a house which has a public right of way across the land. You cannot legally prevent anyone using the right of way. Sure they knew the Russians wouldn't like it, but so what?

What do you suppose would happen if the UK decided to deny passage of Russian shipping through the Dover straights or Gibraltar straights?

I think I saw my first SU-24 in (East) Germany in about 1990. The SU-24's are a minimal threat to a Type 45 - in-fact they were probably just providing valuable training targets to the crew in the battle room. Keep all your systems turned off so they can't learn much and then soak up as much intel on the Russians as possible.

You can probably expect much the same reaction from the Chinese later this year when the full CTF (not just one of the Destroyers) enters the South China Sea And we start flying F-35's over the artificial islands they've built out there.

The BBC news actually showed a piece of film taken of the carrier task force, with I believe HMS Queen Elizabeth screened by a full force of destroyers, frigates and support ships from NATO nations.  The commentator said it was heading to the South Asia Region, and it looked very impressive, masking a real statement of NATO power.  The little act by the Russians is no doubt one of stating to the World, come on then, let's have a party (just like in the Cold War days) and let all of us display our power in 2021.  Oh yes, the Chinese will no doubt try and join in! ::) ::) ;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 June 2021, 16:55:25 »

The Russians will have an opportunity to get upset with the Yanks soon

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/2664699/us-sixth-fleet-announces-sea-breeze-2021-participation/

I doubt they'll put a proper CVN carrier through the Bosporus and Dardanelles, but USS Iwo Jima is down there somewhere with an amphibious task force.

I'm quite surprised we haven't had a couple of Bears up the Channel again today - perhaps tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2021, 16:56:57 by LC0112G »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 June 2021, 17:05:22 »

This on the news makes a nice change from bleating snowflakes.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 June 2021, 17:15:40 »

This "challenging" between Russian and NATO forces has been going on for decades, right back to the Cold War and Great Bear bombers entering UK airspace and having to be intercepted by RAF Lightning fighters with crews waving at each other :D :D :D.

The Russians love playing these games with our naval forces, as we do with theirs.  It is all a good training exercise for both navies.  Nothing at all to worry about now the USA is back on board ;D ;D ;D ;)

I don't think they were ever particularly overboard TBH.  Just a lot of yap about Trumpy.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.