Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2981909 times)

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22440 on: 18 June 2021, 10:37:17 »

Finally got a chance to try my prototype stainless system both with and without X-pipe.  I can't really tell the difference, and both versions are so much quieter than the previous longlife system, it makes cruising at 70 (with fully functional climate working :y) a much more pleasant experience

Next job is decorative tail trims trims, and I can't decide on satin black, satin stainless, brushed or mirror polished.
There is no other chrome on the MV6 so black is probably what I'll go for.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22441 on: 18 June 2021, 11:06:49 »

Very nice. How much would you charge a customer for that set up?
Diesel till I die

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #22442 on: 18 June 2021, 13:52:55 »

Very nice. How much would you charge a customer for that set up?
Once they are jigged up, and with the simple twin pipe front section and no fancy tail trims they will cost around £990-£1068 depending on final materials cost.  All 1.5mm thick 304 SS and double skinned silencer boxes.  Single skinned boxes will be a bit cheaper to make but probably less refined, I haven't tried any on the Omega yet.  We also use the best internal packing materials so they don't burn out and sound tinny after a year or two like some SS systems do.  I realise it's a high price, but I already have had 2 or 3 Omega owners who want something like this which has OE sound levels.  RHD manifolds and cat downpipes are in development too...
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22443 on: 18 June 2021, 14:44:31 »

So the exhaust will still be gleaming brightly when the rest  of  the car has rusted away.  ;D Looks good though.  :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #22444 on: 18 June 2021, 15:20:17 »

Looks very impressive and exceptionally well made.
Personally I would go for a pair of roll tip stainless trims at a 45 degree angle as per the original tips when the car was new. I fitted a pair I got quite cheaply off Ebay to the last aftermarket mild steel exhaust I fitted with internal spring clips to secure them, and three years on they still look good, just like original tips and you wouldn't tell them apart.
I'm sure with your capabilities, they would only take a few minutes to make!!
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22445 on: 19 June 2021, 21:23:17 »

Down in Devon at present ( Umberleigh) went to visit my wife's cousin on their farm today , her husband asked if I wanted to try the RR over their hills & fields, jumped at the chance boy did that V8 take some stick..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22446 on: 19 June 2021, 21:29:43 »

Down in Devon at present ( Umberleigh) went to visit my wife's cousin on their farm today , her husband asked if I wanted to try the RR over their hills & fields, jumped at the chance boy did that V8 take some stick..😁
you got it dirty  :o

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22447 on: 19 June 2021, 21:39:41 »

you got it dirty  :o

Oh yes very, but so much fun 😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22448 on: 23 June 2021, 09:25:08 »

Yesterday fitted new flexi hose/brake pipe from flexi hose to caliper/new caliper to n/s/r then had problems trying to bleed air from system.Going back to lock up today to try and get that sorted.Also found that although it's been parked in garage for nearly two years it's now got a crack in the windscreen :o It starts at bottom of screen more or less mid way across screen comes up about an inch the curves of to the passenger side for about three inches.How the heck that's happened is beyond me as there's no sign of anything having hit it or anything. :-\ :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22449 on: 23 June 2021, 18:53:52 »

Corrosion under the point where the crack started :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22450 on: 23 June 2021, 21:26:12 »

Well I've never known a brake be so difficult to bleed up[nor has my mate who helped]and the pedal  still goes too close to the floor for my liking-and possibly for an MoT testers liking too I'll bet,so that needs more work.Then while driving it round the yard where the lock up is[to make sure the thing would stop and there's only bushes round the yard to hit if it didn't]it went and blew a brake light bulb >:( >:(

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22451 on: 23 June 2021, 23:07:52 »

New Gates timing belt kit and water pump fitted to the Omega .
Old one was four years old and had covered 3200 miles .
While in there I replaced the crankshaft  oil seal ....twice .. as I rolled the edge of the first one when fitting it . >:(
Will adjust the handbrake tomorrow after rebuilding them both last year with all new parts .

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22452 on: 23 June 2021, 23:22:10 »

Extracted (with some difficulty) the bush from an old steering idler. Then cooked the idler casting in an oven for a couple of hours, while a brand new GM bush, previously extracted from a new Senator idler sat in a freezer.
Then pressed the new bush into the old idler. So I now have, to all intents and purposes a new GM steering idler.
Will fit it to the car at some point when Im in the mood. The one on there currently isnt in too bad shape.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22453 on: 23 June 2021, 23:23:29 »

Well I've never known a brake be so difficult to bleed up[nor has my mate who helped]and the pedal  still goes too close to the floor for my liking-and possibly for an MoT testers liking too I'll bet,so that needs more work.Then while driving it round the yard where the lock up is[to make sure the thing would stop and there's only bushes round the yard to hit if it didn't]it went and blew a brake light bulb >:( >:(

Might be worth unbolting the calipers,so you can have the bleed nipple (and the air) at the highest point, before opening the nipple ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #22454 on: 24 June 2021, 00:20:32 »

Extracted (with some difficulty) the bush from an old steering idler. Then cooked the idler casting in an oven for a couple of hours, while a brand new GM bush, previously extracted from a new Senator idler sat in a freezer.
Then pressed the new bush into the old idler. So I now have, to all intents and purposes a new GM steering idler.
Will fit it to the car at some point when Im in the mood. The one on there currently isnt in too bad shape.
Air in the ABS module?

I think Tech2 can trigger the ABS to pump the bubbles out (may be wrong there  :-\)

Have you tried 'back flushing' - (pump brake fluid into the bleed nipple to force the bubbles back to the reservoir)

The only time I have had to resort to back flushing is for clutch cylinders (on old Range Rovers) , everything else has flushed through easily using an Easy Bleed.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2021, 00:31:57 by Andy H »
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.