Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: remote locking  (Read 2895 times)

924boy

• Rhuddlan, N. Wales
    • View Profile
Re: remote locking
« Reply #15 on: 07 July 2009, 18:13:33 »

Woo Hoo... just swaped the central locking control unit over, fiddled with the key fob for a bit and now remote key off the other car works!!!  :D :D

just need to get a horseshoe type key part cut for it now and swap the chip over!!

Fair to say, am well chuffed!!  :)

Thanks to everyone who offered advice for me on this!!  :y

Darkus Lordus

• Mid Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2009, 08:28:03 »

I'm interested in this topic. I have a 1995 'M' 3.0 Elite which I never got any remote keys with it when I bought it. The remote function is there as seen by the black dome in the headlining & I would like to have the remote function. I realise that I need a new key, but I don't know which ones.

What key do I need?
Would the Remote be built in?
How much work is involved?

I was told that the new remote has to be programmed to the car. Which in my case most likely involves me booking it in with Vx.  :(

924boy

• Rhuddlan, N. Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 July 2009, 13:52:23 »

I'm interested in this topic. I have a 1995 'M' 3.0 Elite which I never got any remote keys with it when I bought it. The remote function is there as seen by the black dome in the headlining & I would like to have the remote function. I realise that I need a new key, but I don't know which ones.

What key do I need?

I was told that the new remote has to be programmed to the car. Which in my case most likely involves me booking it in with Vx.  :(

I assume what worked for mine would work on yours. If you swap the central locking control unit from another car (located behind the kick panel on drivers side) then you just need the remote that goes with it. Depending if you get the control unit and keys with the fob built onto the key, then you'll have to get blank key blades cut to match your car locks and swap the chip over from the old key/s. I'm breaking a car with working remote (with the 2 button remote key type) if your interested?

g6bmy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 July 2009, 01:02:35 »

What key do I need?

IIRC that nice little black dome means that you need a single button Infra-Red remote fob. The two button fobs and multi-button keys work at 433MHz so are no good,

I suppose that a good look at the circuit diagram may give a better idea of the feasibility of converting it.

Regards

Ron.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.