Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Seen an estate I really want...  (Read 2104 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Seen an estate I really want...
« on: 01 February 2008, 08:57:40 »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Seen an estate I really want...
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2008, 10:02:24 »

That looks a fairly nice motor, and it has a shin breaker  :)

I wonder just what the reserve is, I'd of thought around £1300-1500 would be a fair price, going by what I got for trade-in on my V reg Elite saloon...

But I know very little about prices, all I did was read Autotrader lots for 3 weeks !!! - concentrating on Elites....  :(

Just what are you going to do with ANOTHER miggy !!  :)
« Last Edit: 01 February 2008, 10:02:49 by entwood »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2008, 10:51:14 »

Don't forget it's leaking oil and cutting out, also likely to be due cambelt and limited history, so I've got some good bargaining points :)

That Car's worth no more than £800 to me... ;)

maria

• Omega Baron
  • Derbyshire
  • I'm proud to be welsh :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2008, 11:27:50 »

James you got a nice estate you just got with black leather i don't like that one much but its your choice  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2008, 11:55:18 »

James you got a nice estate you just got with black leather i don't like that one much but its your choice  ::)

I was thinking the same, actually (sorry, James).   ::)

Yes, it's a facelift and slightly newer but none of the toys and not such a nice colour IMHO. 2.5 instead of 3.0 8-). Max's ex-car ought to be nicely sorted now. What am I missing?

As a project to make a quick buck on, it's tempting, but that's all... :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2008, 12:14:26 »

A) I much prefer the facelift model. Better ride, better handling, less wind noise, more comfy seats...

B) Current Estate has some gout in the rear arch, likely to be expensive to fix and problematic if left.

C) Estate has developed a noisy lifter, and I'll be beggared if I'm stripping it again.

D) 2.5 is much better for me from an insurance perspective, and better on fuel..

Whilst the new Estate is a nice car, somehow I just feel more at home in the facelift.

Tunnie - do you relate?

maria

• Omega Baron
  • Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2008, 12:18:29 »

so why go and buy max one if you prefer  the face lift but at least you can resell the one you got and get one you really like ::) I don't understand  men some times they are like us women for changing there minds if not worse  ;D
« Last Edit: 01 February 2008, 12:19:26 by Maria »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 February 2008, 12:19:38 »

so why go and buy max one if you prefer  the face lift but at least you can resell the one you got and get one you really like ::) I don't men they are like us women for changing there minds if not worse  ;D

I'm actually considering selling BOTH of the cars and having a really nice facelift LPG estate (A bit like Bob's you saw in Devon)..

But if you really want me to keep the older one......

maria

• Omega Baron
  • Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2008, 12:22:36 »

No you do what ever makes you happy babe ,i do like bob dents car so yeh go for one like that if you can ;)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 February 2008, 12:25:24 »

No you do what ever makes you happy babe ,i do like bob dents car so yeh go for one like that if you can ;)

Don't want to make any fast choices yet.... BUT you may not see me on Monday if I have to change these lifters, it's a GOOD mornings work...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2008, 12:41:19 »

facelift is a lot better in many ways... down to personal preferance really. But the facelift is more refined.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2008, 12:42:57 »

facelift is a lot better in many ways... down to personal preferance really. But the facelift is more refined.

Totally. Prefacelift, whilst nice, just doesn't cut it after a facelift model

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 February 2008, 12:50:30 »

Pity they beat the facelift with the ugly stick. I've thought about getting one a few times, but I can't get by that huge front grille (maybe they were so impressed with the Scorpio they took inspiration from it) and the interior is hideous IMO -- styled with a blunt chisel.

On the other hand, I think it looks better than the pre-facelift from the back, and the colour coding of those nasty black door trims and the bumper tops is a big plus.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 February 2008, 12:57:02 »

Pity they beat the facelift with the ugly stick. I've thought about getting one a few times, but I can't get by that huge front grille (maybe they were so impressed with the Scorpio they took inspiration from it) and the interior is hideous IMO -- styled with a blunt chisel.

On the other hand, I think it looks better than the pre-facelift from the back, and the colour coding of those nasty black door trims and the bumper tops is a big plus.

I keep thinking about an Irmscher front grill for mine, they look good on the facelifts in a darker colour like mine.

Over-all the facelift is a lot more modern in its design, no black and chrome strips down the doors.

To be honest, i think the pre-facelifts look worse than the facelifts, the fog lights and front bumper are too plasticaly, the facelift bumpers, although bigger are 'cleaner'

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 February 2008, 13:14:58 »

I keep thinking about an Irmscher front grill for mine, they look good on the facelifts in a darker colour like mine.

Over-all the facelift is a lot more modern in its design, no black and chrome strips down the doors.

To be honest, i think the pre-facelifts look worse than the facelifts, the fog lights and front bumper are too plasticaly, the facelift bumpers, although bigger are 'cleaner'

Remind me of those awful bumpers fitted to facelifted Rover 800s.

The fron tof the facelift is not pretty imho.  Rear I quite like.  Inside is non descript plastic and drab.  Interior quality is pretty poor as well.

More refined? Not really.

Its whatever you prefer really.  If age is important, obviously you choice is facelift.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.