Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banks  (Read 853 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Banks
« on: 12 June 2023, 14:51:24 »

What  f**king performance :-X

My Llyods bank shut it's doors last week along with a dozen other of it's branches. :-\

On a day out las week my main Bank Santerder refused some of my cash because I have a 3rd party pay it in.

I have the option of a Natwest in the same village that Llyods closed in or a TSB a couple of villages away. :y

So asked about opening a new account paying higher interest as I could get the online appliction to open.

1st guy gave good account info but advised it may be advantages to open a basic + high % account in that order.  He proceeded and tranfered me to another account adviser to set me up as I dont have any photo ID.

In the process I get cut off by THREE due to thier weak 4G singals and non existant 5G issues

Then I get online working after it failed the 1st time round, set up an account, get a tempory account reserved, put through to thier HooYu system and took a selfie which was accepted and thier system crashed. :-\

Anoher 20 mins trying to get through on the the phone again to then be passes from piller to post for another 20 mins.

So todays result.....

Lost more of the little of the hair I have left.

Still fed up of being talked over after being asked something and in process of giving a reply.

On another note.  Yorkshire Building Society (YBS) have stopped using ATM cards But have a local branch to me that will accept my 3rd party paying in cash without any limtations.

People wonder why banks are closeing left right and centre.

NEED BEER ::) ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2023, 16:19:52 »

Mattress.  :y                           
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2023, 19:18:16 »

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2023, 19:44:21 »

Been hearing about the "Cashless Society" for a few decades now.

This is a subject that could create quite a long forum thread alone.

Obviously a lot of trades hate to pay thier dues in the way of TAX/VAT/N.I. etc so they certainly would object.

I would image millions would have to be banked because most people have a nest egg tucked away at home.

But, if people went back to the old days and ways of bartering  trade for trade etc would never help a change in the finnancial system.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2023, 19:52:39 »

And, of course, all of this digitised currency would be held on a system that is totally, absolutely, safe. The Russians/Chinese/North Koreans could never hack into it and steal every penny the UK has. No. Never.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2023, 19:57:48 »

My nearest Bank now is 10 miles away.
I expect the cashless society is planne dto kick in within 20 years or so. Im glad Im not a lot younger than I am tbh. Personal freedom is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2023, 20:09:12 »

My nearest Bank now is 10 miles away.
I expect the cashless society is planne dto kick in within 20 years or so. Im glad Im not a lot younger than I am tbh. Personal freedom is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
Well, they'd better beef up the police force and the army, because people won't stand for much more central control.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2023, 23:36:18 »

Most people dont seem overly bothered ime. Especially the young.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2023, 06:46:27 »

We still have 5 banks /building societies in Spalding  every time I see closures I expect to see one on the list but not yet, it will happen eventually I expect.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2023, 11:23:21 »

Most people dont seem overly bothered ime. Especially the young.  :(

Yes and they don't seem to care that the shop gets charged every time they pay for something with card or their phone app either.  ::)

Now I don't give a shit about Tesco's and the like, but for small businesses like pubs, cafes etc it all adds up onto their costs.

Mind you even Tesco's seem to be limiting cash, at my local Tesco's for example all the self serve terminals are now card only, so if you want to pay cash for a small purchase you have to queue with all the housewives* and their stacked trolleys.  ::)

* Housewives are available in a multitude of genders.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.