Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Can 'lane assist' be permanently disabled?  (Read 3922 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Can 'lane assist' be permanently disabled?
« Reply #60 on: 15 June 2023, 11:01:25 »

This 'lane assist' bollix sounds a bit unnerving to me.  :-\

Mind you I still think that parking sensors are a technological wonder!  ;D

It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I have onLy read a half of this thread. Welcome to the future!. All vehicles will have to have this feature to facilitate 100%driverless mode.  In the meantime , we have to put up with it. On the plus side it may be lives ( yours included) by stopping other vehicles drifting off line as the driver nods off. Big problem on the continent with vast distances with no hold ups or traffic jams

Our car irritates me with beeping to let you know you haven't input to the steering. I.e. you have fallen asleep or driven in a straight line or a constant small turn.

Or it may be the cyclist you have just wiped out as you try to pass him but nanny decides you are too far from the kerb. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 15 June 2023, 11:26:15 »

I did replace the Omega's wax cylinder player with a bluetooth enabled touch screen ,i don't answer calls or texts while driving , .....

Seems like a waste of time & money then buying a bluetooth head unit if you don't answer calls while driving  ::) ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 15 June 2023, 11:40:02 »

I did replace the Omega's wax cylinder player with a bluetooth enabled touch screen ,i don't answer calls or texts while driving , .....

Seems like a waste of time & money then buying a bluetooth head unit if you don't answer calls while driving  ::) ::)
all music on a micro SD card and "bucket avoidance rear view camera"  ;)
I have enough junk in my car without taking up space with cassette tapes, and 78s to play on the Omega's original radio-gram  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 15 June 2023, 12:40:35 »

I have enough junk in my car without taking up space with cassette tapes, and 78s to play on the Omega's original radio-gram  ;D
:y :y
I must admit I tend to just have the radio on ..... My ML has a built in 10 Gb hard drive ... there's next to nothing on it

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 15 June 2023, 13:02:02 »

I must admit I tend to just have the radio on ..... My ML has a built in 10 Gb hard drive ... there's next to nothing on it

My old Jag was the same. :y worked pretty well.

No idea how to play music in my new car....other than the radio.

It doesn't appear to to a CD, a cassette tape, an 8 track cartridge, a 45, or a 78. ::) :-X

No doubt it is all related to apps and a smartphone or USB stick in some way. :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 15 June 2023, 15:15:27 »

It doesn't appear to to a CD, a cassette tape, an 8 track cartridge, a 45, or a 78. ::) :-X

No doubt it is all related to apps and a smartphone or USB stick in some way. :-X
Probably similar to my XJ - 40Gb Hard drive, although only 10Gb is reserved for music, which it rips from inserted CDs itself to make a kind of virtual 10 disc CD changer.  In addition, a USB key full of music can be plugged in (but the Gen2.1 HD system takes forever to read a USB with more than a few thousand tracks on every time the car starts), an iPod socket, and normal bluetooth music streaming....

...like Andy_B, I tend to just stick to the wireless.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 15 June 2023, 16:01:29 »

"wireless"  :-\
are you 80 years old Jamie  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 15 June 2023, 16:06:49 »

In my company vehicle I can switch off, lane assist,hill control, aebs, but they reactivate when you switch off and start again,
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 15 June 2023, 16:56:58 »

In my company vehicle I can switch off, lane assist,hill control, aebs, but they reactivate when you switch off and start again,

This is because nanny knows best. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 15 June 2023, 16:59:30 »

Probably similar to my XJ - 40Gb Hard drive, although only 10Gb is reserved for music, which it rips from inserted CDs itself to make a kind of virtual 10 disc CD changer.  In addition, a USB key full of music can be plugged in (but the Gen2.1 HD system takes forever to read a USB with more than a few thousand tracks on every time the car starts), an iPod socket, and normal bluetooth music streaming....

Exactly.

My system was Meridian (I think) with about 18 speakers. If a couple stopped working I doubt I would have noticed. 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 15 June 2023, 17:53:02 »

Exactly.

My system was Meridian (I think) with about 18 speakers. If a couple stopped working I doubt I would have noticed.

This is a safeguard, so when you smash out a speaker in anger at some shite on Jeremy Vine, you don't notice you're a speaker (or three) down!  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 15 June 2023, 18:39:19 »

BMW has Hard drive, USB, Streaming etc. I do have quite a bit of Music stored on the Hard Drive sorted into different directories and find it easy to use when you've exhausted all the DAB stations  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 15 June 2023, 20:59:14 »

BMW has Hard drive, USB, Streaming etc. I do have quite a bit of Music stored on the Hard Drive sorted into different directories and find it easy to use when you've exhausted all the DAB stations  :y

Thanks VXL.....but I wish technology would slow down a bit so I can keep up. :y

The old boys on here like STMO and Ronny must be in a permanent state of confusion. ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 15 June 2023, 21:37:00 »

The old boys on here like STMO and Ronny must be in a permanent state of confusion. ::)
Thing is....I am of the opinion that all of this modern tech is totally unnecessary. I don't need a hard drive to rip 10CDs to, it's quicker, and easier to just have 10 CDs and change them as necessary. There are very few places I can't get close enough to without sat nav. The only thing that confuses me, Opti, is why people would pay so much money for something that is actually taking away from their ability to think for themselves. Your BMW is a great car, but it would be 10 grand cheaper, and better to drive, without all the electronic shite that comes with it.
Ted Kaczinski had it right, social media and the lastest tech is actually making people more backward.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 15 June 2023, 22:51:15 »

Thing is....I am of the opinion that all of this modern tech is totally unnecessary. I don't need a hard drive to rip 10CDs to, it's quicker, and easier to just have 10 CDs and change them as necessary. There are very few places I can't get close enough to without sat nav. The only thing that confuses me, Opti, is why people would pay so much money for something that is actually taking away from their ability to think for themselves. Your BMW is a great car, but it would be 10 grand cheaper, and better to drive, without all the electronic shite that comes with it.
Ted Kaczinski had it right, social media and the lastest tech is actually making people more backward.
Wot he just said!  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.