Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 137927 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #525 on: 03 March 2023, 19:02:38 »

At the end of the day you’re asking for trouble if you mix pedestrians with cyclists, a lot of pedestrians walk around talking on mobiles oblivious to anything else,  and I’ve found if you give most cyclists an inch they’ll take a mile,  besides pavements are not wide enough for both in my opinion and should only be used by pedestrians only.

Not forgetting that the pedestrian is God now, according to the new Highway Code of hierarchy vulnerability. So, if a pedestrian wants to jump out in front of a cyclist or dominate the shared pavement, the cyclist will always be in the wrong. Rules is rules.  ;D
Yes. If you see a pedestrian about to step into the road while you're driving, you're supposed to slow down and let them cross. I find gripping the steering wheel very tightly and giving them a deranged grin usually makes them think twice.
Diesel till I die

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 03 March 2023, 19:07:06 »

At the end of the day you’re asking for trouble if you mix pedestrians with cyclists, a lot of pedestrians walk around talking on mobiles oblivious to anything else,  and I’ve found if you give most cyclists an inch they’ll take a mile,  besides pavements are not wide enough for both in my opinion and should only be used by pedestrians only.

Not forgetting that the pedestrian is God now, according to the new Highway Code of hierarchy vulnerability. So, if a pedestrian wants to jump out in front of a cyclist or dominate the shared pavement, the cyclist will always be in the wrong. Rules is rules.  ;D

Quite right too. It's important that gen Zs aren't distracted from continuous social media access via their mobile phones by mundane things like the need to maintain road safety and an awareness of other people around them. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 03 March 2023, 19:27:31 »

Quite right too. It's important that gen Zs aren't distracted from continuous social media access via their mobile phones by mundane things like the need to maintain road safety and an awareness of other people around them. ::)
I wonder how long it will be before we (they) lose the power of speech?
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 03 March 2023, 19:42:37 »

I wonder how long it will be before we (they) lose the power of speech?
It won't be too far behind the loss of independent thought.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 03 March 2023, 20:50:02 »

Well, Khans doing the rounds again, vaccine denial anti vac neo nazis far right he’s calling us all out I really hope someone takes that little c£nt out!
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 03 March 2023, 21:07:54 »

Well, Khans doing the rounds again, vaccine denial anti vac neo nazis far right he’s calling us all out I really hope someone takes that little c£nt out!

This ULEZ malarky is going to cause a considerable amount of unrest in London, can't wait to see it all go tits up.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 03 March 2023, 21:34:05 »

Talking of Radio 2... Scott Mills who follows Jeremy Whine in Steve Wrights slot always says " Love you, bye " to people.  ::)

It's so cringingly fake, it really gets my goat every time I hear it!  >:(

I can't stand him  ..... he even sounds limp wristed!

And as for the early morning Radio 2 .....  :-X :-X :-X I couldn't stand him doing the local weather, on the radio he's even worse!

Not that there's a common theme .....  :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 03 March 2023, 21:36:01 »

Since that silly bint who took over Radio 2 started wrecking it, its actually been detuned from my car..   ....

Trouble is, commercial radio is full of adverts  :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 03 March 2023, 21:37:36 »

Whoever thought it was a good idea to replace Ken Bruce with Vernon Kay isnt fit to empty the waste bins in Broadcasting house , never mind hold a senior management position.  ::)

Ken Bruce had been doing the same show for as long as Steve Davis had  ... ie far too long. They should both have retired years back. And I did listen to them both.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 03 March 2023, 22:00:23 »

Unless I’m playing my own stuff in the car it’s either planet rock or radio4 😂😂
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 03 March 2023, 22:07:08 »

At the end of the day you’re asking for trouble if you mix pedestrians with cyclists, a lot of pedestrians walk around talking on mobiles oblivious to anything else,  and I’ve found if you give most cyclists an inch they’ll take a mile, besides pavements are not wide enough for both in my opinion and should only be used by pedestrians only.
I'm a keen cyclist Rae and i agree with what you say. Pavements are for pedestrians, separate cycle ways and roads for cyclists. There is far too much going on in peoples lives to lump them all together.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 03 March 2023, 22:20:02 »

At the end of the day you’re asking for trouble if you mix pedestrians with cyclists, a lot of pedestrians walk around talking on mobiles oblivious to anything else,  and I’ve found if you give most cyclists an inch they’ll take a mile, besides pavements are not wide enough for both in my opinion and should only be used by pedestrians only.
I'm a keen cyclist Rae and i agree with what you say. Pavements are for pedestrians, separate cycle ways and roads for cyclists. There is far too much going on in peoples lives to lump them all together.
Cyclists should use the rivers and canals  ::)
thugh this would involve a lot of dredging (to make sure the water is deep enough to be effective )  :D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 03 March 2023, 22:27:00 »

thugh this would involve a lot of dredging (to make sure the water is deep enough to be effective )  :D
C'mon Dave, i'm trying to be nice.  :P ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 03 March 2023, 22:59:08 »

C'mon Dave, i'm trying to be nice:P ;D
So am I  :)
I said we'd dredge the rivers and canals  :y
that would get rid of all the obstacles....
like shopping trolleys ,prams , BIKES and other junk   ;D

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 04 March 2023, 07:46:37 »

Yes. If you see a pedestrian about to step into the road while you're driving, you're supposed to slow down and let them cross. I find gripping the steering wheel very tightly and giving them a deranged grin usually makes them think twice.

I find that changing down and picking up the revs makes them think twice about stepping out in front of a moving vehicle
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.