Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual 2.6 Elite for sale  (Read 10978 times)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
Manual 2.6 Elite for sale
« on: 28 January 2023, 20:31:56 »

Sadly thanks to Mr Ulez the mayor of London I have to sell my mig. 

I have no idea what it is worth, please do offer opinions. Can't be many manuals left.

2001 V6 2.6 petrol manual in the rare Star Silver :y.
I've owned it for 10.5 years.
129K miles.
Reg X949 SPU
Just got through it's MOT - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=x949+spu
Usual advisories - discs pitted but not seriously weakened, springs corroded (they were corroded a year after I fitted them  in 2014 but no MOT tester complained until now :o)
Cam gaskets done at 120K with new spark plugs.
Cam belt changed by James at 82K.
No codes showing.
Always run on super unleaded and with fully syn oil since 2013 (API SN only - compatible with old seals).
Oil changes every 5K miles or less.
Converted to spin on filter in 2013 (best thing I ever did in terms of effort v benefit).
Hilper's boot mod.
Velour seats.
All the usual Elite stuff - cruise, bose sound with integrated phone, multi cd, air con, heated and fully electric seats and wing mirrors, memory for seats, wing mirrors and rear view mirror, 17" alloy wheels.

Everything working.

I also have some spares e.g. replacement electric rear blind, set of new FAI wishbones which have never been needed. Full set of original brochures.

I've only had 2 cars in 25 years, this one and a 1998 2.5 V6 omega I had from new.  I'll be very sad to see it go, the replacement merc cl is only part consolation :'(.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Manual 2.6 Elite for sale
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2023, 22:15:14 »

Where and when did I change this belt, I can't remember!

(Not for a single minute suggesting I didn't... I am just having a mental block, I've done many! :y)

Based on the ad, the cambelt kit is due, which will reduce the resale price. If you want it doing again, give me a shout and propose a (dry) day!

Offer of course, stands also to any potential new owner :y :y

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2023, 22:27:16 »

Where and when did I change this belt, I can't remember!

(Not for a single minute suggesting I didn't... I am just having a mental block, I've done many! :y)

Based on the ad, the cambelt kit is due, which will reduce the resale price. If you want it doing again, give me a shout and propose a (dry) day!

Offer of course, stands also to any potential new owner :y :y
Hi James, 08/07/14 west London.  Was a bit wet, just drizzle as I recall.  You had some nice new yellow plastic wheel ramps.

My first mig had a cambelt go on it.  Made a lot of noise days beforehand and the day before I had taken it to the local Vaux dealer who thought it might be the waterpump ::)   Was at 59-60K as I recall.  No noise on this one yet,  I trust your fitting and choice of make - if I were to keep it I would wait until the noise appears but will recommend any new owner contacts you.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2023, 22:42:50 »

Omega 2.6 litre V6 engine - not ULEZ complaint (unless registered after 2002 in which case it is, with identical engine).
My replacement - Merc CL 5.5 litre V8 engine, ULEZ compliant.

How does that work?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2023, 23:08:10 »

Omega 2.6 litre V6 engine - not ULEZ complaint (unless registered after 2002 in which case it is, with identical engine).
My replacement - Merc CL 5.5 litre V8 engine, ULEZ compliant.

How does that work?
That's where my thinking is going too. They write the rules, all we can do is exploit the loopholes :D

Oh, and you'll need to add a price to comply with forum rules  ;)

I would suggest a figure well above what you might want to see, with the caveat that all offers will be entertained. For example £5,000 but be prepared to be offered a fifth of that ;)

If someone is interested, they will have a figure in mind regardless of what you might be asking.

Being a manual makes it rarer, but it isn't necessarily a selling point.
Onanists always think outside the box.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2023, 23:11:27 »

Reminds me that I REALLY need to get mine back on the road. It's been sat since September.

Not long ago, that would have been a days work for me. I just really need some motivation  :-[

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2023, 23:17:47 »

To be clear, I am in no way suggesting that £5,000 is what it might be worth, but it is at least a price for the purpose of the ad ;)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2023, 14:55:19 »

thanks I was thinking about £1K but don't really have an idea. 

For those who've never had a manual you get an extra gear and you regain control of the gear ratio.  Consequently you can get better mpg - I can get 40mpg on a motorway and 30mpg urban if I am light footed.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2023, 17:59:10 »

Looking at the manual silver reflection that was sold here recently and given the timing belt maybe £1K is too much.  Anywhere here are some photos outside my house ;).  Forgot to say it has a removable tow bar and electrics (pikey hut out of shot).

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2023, 18:22:36 »

sussed it I think:

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2023, 11:00:02 »

'sambo omega NI' your inbox is full!  So I can't reply :'( .

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2023, 17:07:43 »

I'm sort of settling on £850 incluing the new wishbone set and spare rear electric blind. Also have some other spares to throw in, fan belts, plugs, filters, gaskets, bulbs, crank sensor, cam sensor etc..

It has the elite HID dipped bulbs and some high watt day white headlight bulbs to match.  The headlights have the aluminium adjusters fitted and the lenses are sparklingly clear, like new. Led front side lights and wing indicator lights.

I appreciate people may be buying from afar so do let me know any particular photos you want taken.  Also I've made a list of issues:

Rear electric blind needs a tug to start. But there is an unfitted spare.
minor rust on rear n/s arch
various scrapes including o/s arch, I think they are all visible in the pics
winscreen bottom n/s - a white patch, also visible in pics.  I had forgotten this as it was like it when I bought the car and hasn't changed in 10+ years.  I did take a picture of it in 2011 to check if it grew, I'll see if I can find it.  It must be damp in the laminate.
glove box latch works (amazingly) but needs handling with care.
wheel edges a littled scraped as in the pics but fully functional, I should have wire brushed them and touched them up but will leave to new buyer.

Current miles 129,779
oil and filter change at 129,409, 124,767, 120,860 etc...
air filter and charcoal pollen filter 123,988
2 new coil packs and Bosch plugs at 120,782
4 new tyres at 119,758
3 spare keys (1 securely hidden on the car just in case)
new ETA exhaust, cat back, at 107,292
boot and bonnet struts replaced at 101,656 and 118,357 respectively
replaced coolant header tank (and fixed level sensor!) at 125,699.  You can't get these tanks anymore.

Here's the mileage chart from new.  White dot is when I bought it, maroon dots are events - mot, service, fixed something etc..

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 January 2023, 09:21:41 »

AXA are messing me about on insurance - very happy to take my money to change vehicle with a promise of 30 days temp cover for the old mig but when I try and take out the temp insurance it says 'not available'.  So insurance runs out this Thursday when I pick up the newer car.  Meaning I have to SORN it from 1/2/23.  Problem is the local place I will store it off road won't be happy having it long. Also any buyer will need to arrange insurance and tax or bring trade plates just to test drive it. 

So I did the unthinkable, contacted scrapyards.  The first one came back with £800 and wanted to collect it today!  I really really don't want to do that. :'(  I recognise OOF members may take her apart for spares but that doesn't seem so bad as a local scrapyard for some reason. I'll also contact the dealer who is selling me the merc cl, if they make a decent offer I may take that as it will save me a lot of hassle collecting the new one.

So please get a move on, I will wait a week.  £850 offer includes all the spares I mentioned, one slight issue is that the FAI wishbones are in Gloucestershire and I can't collect them until 13th Feb. 

Will take some pics of the inside today - its very clean I just need to dust it first. Comes with new gearstick gaiter and Omega floor mats as you will see.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 January 2023, 09:51:30 »

If you're thinking of going down that road, then try SRC in Fontwell.

They offer the cleaner cars for sale before they break them.

Also, is it advertised elsewhere? Auto trader and emphasise the length of Mot. The most expensive one on there is a 43,000 mile estate with no Mot and no chance of passing one without a significant amount of welding yet is being advertised at £2,500.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 January 2023, 10:56:24 »

AXA are messing me about on insurance - very happy to take my money to change vehicle with a promise of 30 days temp cover for the old mig but when I try and take out the temp insurance it says 'not available'.  So insurance runs out this Thursday when I pick up the newer car.  Meaning I have to SORN it from 1/2/23. Problem is the local place I will store it off road won't be happy having it long. Also any buyer will need to arrange insurance and tax or bring trade plates just to test drive it. 

So I did the unthinkable, contacted scrapyards.  The first one came back with £800 and wanted to collect it today!  I really really don't want to do that. :'(  I recognise OOF members may take her apart for spares but that doesn't seem so bad as a local scrapyard for some reason. I'll also contact the dealer who is selling me the merc cl, if they make a decent offer I may take that as it will save me a lot of hassle collecting the new one.

So please get a move on, I will wait a week.  £850 offer includes all the spares I mentioned, one slight issue is that the FAI wishbones are in Gloucestershire and I can't collect them until 13th Feb. 

Will take some pics of the inside today - its very clean I just need to dust it first. Comes with new gearstick gaiter and Omega floor mats as you will see.
Can you rent a lockup for a few weeks to give you a bit more time? That, or a local farmer/landowner/ caravan storage place that can give you a few weeks to sort it with less haste.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2023, 11:24:01 »

Thanks very much for the suggestions.  To be honest scrapping is begining to look more attractive than selling.  To save everyone time, £850 no offers.  Except the one person who by pm questioned my scrap quote - £900 to him.

Here are the last pics I plan to take:

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2023, 12:20:12 »

Apologies to one person, looks like my £800 scrap quote is exceptional. SRC quoted £351.75!  However the £800 quote is real and they will collect so I think its going to happen. 

Because the yard asked if it was due to ULEZ I now suspect the high price is due to the ULEZ scrappage scheme offering a flat £2K to anyone on benefits.  Unfortunately (or arguably fortunately) I am not.

See https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/scrappage-schemes/car-and-motorcycle  Nice £1.2K profit for any scrapyard who can navigate Khan's rules.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 January 2023, 13:11:16 »

Such a shame  :(
All because of a "green policy" which has already proven uneconomic and unworkable  >:(

And the idea that a scrap yard or other third party will make a big profit (tax payer's money) to take a nice car with LONG MOT is disgusting  :-X

what a shameful disgrace, and a sad "GREAT" Briton we live in  :( 

Also a great loss to Mr Omega2018  :( bacause the £800 "scrap payment" will probably be used pretty quickly by service costs for the newer "green" replacement .

What is also really sad is that a manual V6 is probably worth £2k all day long to the right buyer ,but the short window available means that is unlikely to happen  :(

Sorry for your loss Mr Omega2018 (both financial and a car that has been a part of your life for years )

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 January 2023, 13:14:03 »

All of the above.

The ones currently on Ebay and Auto trader are mostly a bag of rotten apples, so nice, useable ones aren't readily available. With a bit of time it should find a decent home.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 January 2023, 14:09:22 »

Also a great loss to Mr Omega2018  :( bacause the £800 "scrap payment" will probably be used pretty quickly by service costs for the newer "green" replacement .

Too right, it will be spent on petrol - the 5.5litre merc is a bit thirstier than the mig! £90 has already gone in increased insurance.

I've just put an old battery in and will be drving it to its SORN location now, will SORN it when I get back. Also removed the solar panels and the pull-out blind.  I will get a list of spares together and let the list know.

Particularly annoying about the ULEZ, apart from a 5.5 litre car being compliant when a 2.6 isn't, is that this mig, had it been registered in 2002 instead of 2001, exact same engine, would be ULEZ compliant. Just the sort of stupidity that gives green legislation (which I would normally be in favour of) a bad name.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 January 2023, 14:40:04 »

A solution might be to buy a compliant 2.2 Omega with a blown engine and swap everything over. But you've really got to want to do that :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2023, 14:46:38 »

I would put it on ebay with a starting bid of £1000.
I would bet it will be in the emerald isle by this time next week.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 January 2023, 18:58:21 »

The reason for that price is the 2 large cats, ring them back and say you've removed them, the price they offer would be interesting. There's lots of decent motors being scrapped because of Khunt ulez.
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2023, 21:59:22 »

The reason for that price is the 2 large cats, ring them back and say you've removed them, the price they offer would be interesting. There's lots of decent motors being scrapped because of Khunt ulez.
when I had my Omega's cats stolen  :( Someone on oof said the 4 cats off a V6 had a scrap value of £350 if scrapped legally

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2023, 19:34:25 »

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this is being scrapped  :(

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2023, 20:01:08 »

The reason for that price is the 2 large cats, ring them back and say you've removed them, the price they offer would be interesting.

We scrapped my sister's battleworn Hyundai last month, and it made £350 by filling in one web form. It was collected 2 days later. All they wanted to know was did it have a battery and the factory cat. It didn't even need to run. That's the fifth car I know of sold for more than you could possibly expect trying to sell by traditional methods, and without any of the hassle of dealing with the idiots who can't afford to buy cheap cars general public.

If I had an Omega I needed to get rid of, I'd take a bid of £800 from a similar company in a heartbeat. Five years ago I struggled to get £250 for my mechanically sorted, not too rotten, got a good interior 3.0l estate. The man who bought wanted the engine and gearbox, and had a buyer for the interior.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2023, 20:06:18 »

You could always buy it  ;)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 February 2023, 00:41:33 »

You could always buy it  ;)

I would if I had the space, I'm all omega'd out!

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 February 2023, 00:43:27 »

Sure if he put it on some of the facebook omega groups it would get snapped up, guys always on there looking for manuals.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 09 February 2023, 08:01:05 »

Real shame if it ends up being scrapped.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 February 2023, 10:23:38 »

Perhaps we should all chip in a tenner with our opinions and park it somewhere where it can be appreciated...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 February 2023, 12:06:03 »

Perhaps we should all chip in a tenner with our opinions and park it somewhere where it can be appreciated...

If it's as good as it looks, then the £850 asking price is a reasonable deal for someone who specifically wants an Omega. Most of those people are here, and already own them. Finding another is going proving to be hard work.

To anyone else, it's a lot of money for an expensive to own old car that has no image or other reasons to buy it.

All that means is its natural state is waiting for a trip to the crusher.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 February 2023, 18:52:50 »

So she went last night. 

It was a scrap company that picked her up but the man explained that its scrap value was £130/tonne so they were buying it not for scrap but to sell on.  We shall see.   Incidentally I think the collectors are contractually obliged haggle the agreed price, I ended that pretty quickly - £800 or go back to base.

I could have sold it for a bit more but not when you take into account hassle, insurance (cancelled) car tax (SORN'd) and ebay fees.  Also I would have had to put the working battery back in, luckily it fits the merc so will be useful as a spare.

I would have kept it to Jan 2023 (end of the MOT) and I'm almost certain it would run without problem till then, but after that there is the timing belt and some rust on the top of the rear sills (which I had assumed was from passengers scratching the paintwork but suspect was coming from inside the sill,  even though the sills appear solid). And winter MOT times are not good for any outdoor maintenance.

So the end of 25 years of my car being one of two V6 manual Omegas.

I will draw up a list of spare parts to sell.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 February 2023, 19:47:07 »

Hopefully it will appear on Ebay, Auto-trader, friend-face market place etc and find a new home   :y

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 February 2023, 03:12:28 »

Seen a few posts through car forums that people are getting certificates of conformity from the manufacturer for the ULEZ thing, I don't really get what they mean though, as is the ULEZ not saying your car has to meet euro 6, or is it euro 4 emissions levels for petrol, which is what they test at MOT, so what difference is a certificate of conformity going to make?

Example post from Porsche forum:

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1093872

Another: https://wiki.mag-uk.org/images/f/fd/How_to_get_Certificate_of_ULEZ_exemption.pdf

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 February 2023, 17:50:13 »

Hopefully it will appear on Ebay, Auto-trader, friend-face market place etc and find a new home   :y
clicky
Didn't take long
Now priced to sell £3,495.00

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 February 2023, 18:50:09 »

Far canal !!  :o :o
If it sells for around that I might just have to let mine go !
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 February 2023, 19:01:14 »

Far canal !!  :o :o
If it sells for around that I might just have to let mine go !
I'd say it's worth £2000 plus a gourd and a false beard and maybe a bag of gravel

I like to haggle  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10 February 2023, 19:55:50 »

clicky
Didn't take long
Might as well put a zero on that, about the same chance of getting it.
Diesel till I die

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 February 2023, 01:36:02 »

Seen a few posts through car forums that people are getting certificates of conformity from the manufacturer for the ULEZ thing, I don't really get what they mean though, as is the ULEZ not saying your car has to meet euro 6, or is it euro 4 emissions levels for petrol, which is what they test at MOT, so what difference is a certificate of conformity going to make?...

I did write to Vauxhall in 2021 when the ULEZ first came in:

"Thank you for your email to Vauxhall customer care dated 18th January 2021 regarding your Vauxhall Omega NOx emissions.

We recommend that you contact our homologation department via the email below, and they should be able to help you with this inquiry.
regdata@vauxhall.co.uk.
Please attach to your email a scanned copy of your logbook clearly showing the full VIN and keeper details including postal address.

Please find your service request number N°: 32099803.

Should you require more assistance, I would like to inform you that we remain at your disposal for further questions from Monday till Friday (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on 0800 026 0034) or via email at customercare@vauxhall.co.uk.   

Thank you for contacting Vauxhall Motors and allowing us the opportunity to assist

Yours Sincerely

SAID
Vauxhall Motors Limited
Customer Care Centre   
"

I did all that and got nowhere.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11 February 2023, 01:51:05 »

clicky
Didn't take long

All they have done is change the radio station from Radio 4 to Asian Star and wash it again.  £2,695  to trail and wash it :o   

"GRAB YOURSELF A BARGAIN!" ;D "SERVICE HISTORY" ;D - it's not been near a garage in my 11 years of ownership, all self serviced including brakes, discs, springs, handbrake, shocks, alternator, cam gaskets, plugs, track rods, tracking even, exhaust, air con.  Apart from James and the timing belt.

Problem is as it's ebay classified we may never know what it goes for.  Can't see anyone on here buying it.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 February 2023, 01:56:16 »

Actually they must have changed the battery as the one I put in expecting it to be scrapped was REALLY duff.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11 February 2023, 02:02:59 »

I forgot to mention I paid £700 for it from a scrap dealer in 2012 - 68K miles with a 12 month MOT. Happy days :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 February 2023, 02:49:25 »

clicky
Didn't take long

All they have done is change the radio station from Radio 4 to Asian Star and wash it again.  £2,695  to trail and wash it :o   

"GRAB YOURSELF A BARGAIN!" ;D "SERVICE HISTORY" ;D - it's not been near a garage in my 11 years of ownership, all self serviced including brakes, discs, springs, handbrake, shocks, alternator, cam gaskets, plugs, track rods, tracking even, exhaust, air con.  Apart from James and the timing belt.

Problem is as it's ebay classified we may never know what it goes for.  Can't see anyone on here buying it.

I'll follow this with interest. Anyone can have mine with a full MOT for 3k ;D

I think they are chancers, and won't realistically get more than they paid for it.

I hope not anyway.

Buying a car and repairing / servicing it, to sell on in a good state, is one thing - but buying it for scrap, needing a cambelt etc, and selling on for that price, is "optimistic"...........

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 11 February 2023, 10:41:53 »

Ooft that price went up  :o Since it's a manual hope it doesn't go to someone that will slam dunk it and do doughnuts in it all day  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11 February 2023, 15:19:31 »

Better than going to the crusher though.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 February 2023, 18:38:40 »

clicky
Didn't take long

Years ago, before computerised records, I went to look at a car that was advertised with a complete service book. It turned out it was complete - it had all its pages, but there was sod all in it  ::)
Luckily the car wasn't upto the description, and I hadn't travelled far, so not a lot lost when I walked away from it...
Sellers should be taken to task with misleading descriptions, but seldom are...
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12 August 2023, 11:48:10 »

After 7 price reductions and 7 months it looks like the dealer has finally sold my old mig - £1,495 or less. Sale maybe connected to the ULEZ scrappage scheme expansion.

If anyone seeing this has bought it contact me, I have a detailed spreadsheet and info for X949SPU.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.