Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How would you deal with this...  (Read 1419 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
How would you deal with this...
« on: 08 March 2023, 09:59:55 »

My last job was working for an aircraft maintenance and support company based oop north.

My primary places of work was the Easyjet Hangar at Gatwick. When it became known that I was leaving to go to work for my current employer, the world's favourite airline (probably), a couple of the Easyjet mechanics  (easyjet employees) had the gall to ask to be put onto my concessions. I only know them though work and had/have zero interaction with them outside of the hangar, so made a suitably polite, dissmisive comment. That was last April.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and i received a text from an unknown number saying the following:

"Hi mate, it's been over 6 months any change chucking us on the staff travel?"

Obviously I reported the text as spam and forgot about it.

Then about 5 am yesterday morning I received two Whatsapp messages from two numbers simultaneously repeating the previous text. Being Whatsapp,  their profile pictures are both visible, so I now know who they are, if only on first name working in the same place terms.

Then just after 6pm yesterday I received the following, again from both people simultaneously:

"We were warned when you left us you would stay you of touch, but we won't let that staff travel profile pass us by.
Any more time that you ignore us we will have to contact BA personally."

Part of me want to just ignore them and leave it at that,  but I suspect that a couple of my former colleagues are stirring the pot, they have plenty of former, so I think it needs to be  stopped.

The question is how best to approach it.

I know their line manager and could ring him first off, or I can email him with screenshots of the messages.

Failing this, I could also take it to Easyjet Head office, as I know other people at Easyjet.

Obviously BA would simply tell them that there's nothing they can do to help as concessions are up to the employees to use as they see fit. My concern is that these individuals use it as an opportunity to be malicious.
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: How would you deal with this...
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2023, 10:55:42 »

Not sure how they could be malicious, unless they have some hold over you.  :-\   Even so, their attitude isn’t very nice is it, and based on that I wouldn’t help them anyway. Is there a limit to the BA Concessions, ie. Are you allotted a certain amount of people that you can help out with the concessions. If so, tell them that your concessions have been used up by family members so you can’t help (not that you are obliged to anyway).
You could report it to their superiors but why should you give them the courtesy of responding. Maybe I’m missing something here but if you have no association with them I don’t see what they can do if you just ignore the messages.  :-\ 

……….
Any more time that you ignore us we will have to contact BA personally."
……….

Contact BA, ????   I can’t see what Mr T has to do with it.  :-\ ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2023, 11:03:06 »

MR T would certainly sort them out. ;D

They have zero hold over me, and no, they're not getting anywhere near a free coffee, let alone a seat ;)

It just pisses me off that they think they can try to threaten me. >:(

I should add that I didn't give either of them my number.
« Last Edit: 08 March 2023, 11:04:42 by Doctor Gollum »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2023, 11:57:15 »

So as I know your phone number (sorry, dont use whatsapp), can I bully you for cheap flights ;D

(Sorry, can't really help with your query, as I don't really know how the industry works, and what you have to do legally, ethically, or boys-club rules etc)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2023, 12:20:23 »

So as I know your phone number (sorry, dont use whatsapp), can I bully you for cheap flights ;D

(Sorry, can't really help with your query, as I don't really know how the industry works, and what you have to do legally, ethically, or boys-club rules etc)
It’s a bit like someone you see in the pub once a week inviting themselves on a driving holiday. In your car. Just because they know you have a car.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2023, 12:23:21 »

I would pass the EMAILs/Whasaps to both Easyjet's and BA's human resources (or whatever it's called this week) explaining that some former colleagues are attempting to pressurise you into doing something you aren't going to do.

I would also EMAIL the people in question and tell them that they should cease and desist their threatening behaviour, telling them that if they continue you will report them to the police.

If you can get the police to do anything, then I can't see them keeping their security clearance so they'll loose their jobs.

PS: If you worked for a proper airline I might ask you to put me on their freebee list. Got to travel VS in PE once :-)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2023, 12:31:21 »

Yes you need to call their bluff.  Can you possibly make any cash out of the situation by selling them your concessions perhaps?
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2023, 12:38:58 »

Yes you need to call their bluff.  Can you possibly make any cash out of the situation by selling them your concessions perhaps?
Bad idea, Rae, you don't get friendly with pricks like these two.
Ignore them, threaten them, tell them a barefaced lie. Only you know these people, and only you know what they might do going forward.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2023, 13:05:46 »

Yes if I want to lose them ???

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 March 2023, 13:14:20 »

Are you worried about it /them?
In my past job, I had idle threats of a varying nature, but unless they have something on you, or you fear some sort of reprisal (which I doubt it would ever get to that), then just ignore them.
What can they do - if you show that you are concerned, then they will continue. If you ignore them, I'm sure they will move on to some other weaker minded person.
Unless this isn't the full picture, why get worked up about something and nothing - its not like they have threatened you - or have they? Which then puts a different perspective on it.
Maybe, by voicing your concerns on here, there is more to it....?
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 March 2023, 13:26:33 »

A face to face confrontation would sort it once and for all. Cowards are always threatening when they think there will be no repercussions. If there’s two of them take a burly mate with you to press the point. That’s if it’s causing you unrest and irritating you, or of course as said you could just ignore the pair of wan&@rs. If you were to report them I would go Malcolm’s route guns blazing report to everybody you can all employers and get police involved etc.
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 March 2023, 14:25:15 »

They're obviously not very bright are they? Threatening you like that in writing...  ::)

So what are the consequences for you if they did complain to BA?  ???

What are their grounds for complaint?  ???    Are you bothered if they do contact BA?  ???

What are they going to say to BA?  Our former colleague who now works for you promised us some BA concessions and hasn't given them to us. Waaahh!   ;D

Probably stating the obvious, but save and back up the messages and any more that come to a different device or print them.  ;)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2023, 14:27:43 »

To Johnnydogs point, I certainly don't trust them, and they're both typical yoofs, added together they might total 46.

Not afraid of them per se, but the implied threat bothers me if only because of their immaturity.

I shall block them for now and talk to my managers when I next go into work. If the messages etc continue, then I'll escalate it accordingly.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 March 2023, 14:32:37 »

They're obviously not very bright are they? Threatening you like that in writing...  ::)
They aren't very bright ;)

So what are the consequences for you if they did complain to BA?  ???
Depends what they say and how they go about it, a few of the hangar staff were ex BA and have since returned, so what they could do may not be immediately obvious.

What are their grounds for complaint?  ???    Are you bothered if they do contact BA?  ???
None, but see above.

What are they going to say to BA?  Our former colleague who now works for you promised us some BA concessions and hasn't given them to us. Waaahh!   ;D
On the face of it that's their basic argument ;D

Probably stating the obvious, but save and back up the messages and any more that come to a different device or print them.  ;)

Done ;)
In a nutshell :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 March 2023, 17:11:49 »

I'd reply to their whatsapp messages and tell them firmly and politely that you didn't promise them anything and now opps off and don't bother me again.  :)

Keep it polite in case it escalates and the Police and/or your/their employers get dragged in. You have the moral high ground then.  :y

Tempting just to tell the little scrotes to opps off tho!  >:(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.