Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shaguar anyone  (Read 3717 times)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
Re: Shaguar anyone
« Reply #30 on: 17 March 2023, 09:33:29 »

mk10/420G was a nice car, bloody big though. Needed the E type  4.2 triple carb engine to get it to move.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 March 2023, 09:52:52 »

Yes I had 2.4 and 3.4 when I was 18. I have an X350 4.2 XJL V8 now.

Very envious, my father had a lovely 2.4 with the rear wheel spat covers it was black with a gorgeous red leather interior UYY765 he paid £335 for it & they gave him £180 for his MK2 Lowline Zodiac, seems a lifetime ago now.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 March 2023, 09:59:16 »

Yes I loved them but didn’t have the cash to maintain them properly the 3.4 had a leaking servo reservoir (under the wing). It was both feet on the pedal and head on the roof to get it to stop🤣🤣. I used a piece of drainpipe to repair part of the exhaust of the 2.4 after ripping it off on a level crossing my old man wasn’t happy as it was from our house🤣🤣 squeezed 100 mph out of the 2.4 and 112 mph out of the 3.4, those were the days 😁😁
Laying a rubber road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 March 2023, 10:02:09 »

I do think the design of the XJ has aged well. It's a handsome beast.
Its passable from the front of side, but by god, its got a pig ugly arse.

Very true,can't understand that as the XF arse is quite smart,recently drove a lwb jag xj and it's a lovely thing on the road even though it's huge

Try the 575, bloody handful! (RWD only)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 March 2023, 10:17:46 »

Yes I loved them but didn’t have the cash to maintain them properly the 3.4 had a leaking servo reservoir (under the wing). It was both feet on the pedal and head on the roof to get it to stop🤣🤣. I used a piece of drainpipe to repair part of the exhaust of the 2.4 after ripping it off on a level crossing my old man wasn’t happy as it was from our house🤣🤣 squeezed 100 mph out of the 2.4 and 112 mph out of the 3.4, those were the days 😁😁

Funny enough the first time that I was driven at 100mph was in that 2.4 Jag on the way home from Brighton racecourse, remember very well my mum telling my dad to slow down 😄😄😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 March 2023, 11:53:43 »

The old original XJ had presence, class  and style, even if the non sporty versions were a tad pipe & slippers. Still on my bucket list of cars to own.
The more recent versions are just a Mondeo on steroids to me. May be very good cars, but I have zero interest in them .
I think you are thinking of the X Type, which did heavily borrow from its (then) stablemate's parts bin
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 March 2023, 11:58:21 »

I do think the design of the XJ has aged well. It's a handsome beast.
Its passable from the front of side, but by god, its got a pig ugly arse.

Very true,can't understand that as the XF arse is quite smart,recently drove a lwb jag xj and it's a lovely thing on the road even though it's huge

Try the 575, bloody handful! (RWD only)
Now my mileage has dropped to bugger all, I am tempted ;D, but they seemed to have suddenly got all expensive again.  Shame they didn't put that engine in an x260, as that might have become my dream car....
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 March 2023, 12:55:47 »

The old original XJ had presence, class  and style, even if the non sporty versions were a tad pipe & slippers. Still on my bucket list of cars to own.
The more recent versions are just a Mondeo on steroids to me. May be very good cars, but I have zero interest in them .
I think you are thinking of the X Type, which did heavily borrow from its (then) stablemate's parts bin

Utter shite......briefly owned an  X-Type Mondeo 3.0V6 SE auto.

Utter crap...it was 4 wheel drive though.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 March 2023, 18:09:16 »

Nope. Im thinking of the recent shaped Mondeo. Recent Jags appear to be  a bloated version of that in my eyes.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 March 2023, 18:42:20 »

Nope. Im thinking of the recent shaped Mondeo. Recent Jags appear to be  a bloated version of that in my eyes.

Having test driven both when I was looking to replace the Omega, I can assure you that that's where the similarity ends. ;D

Not sure how they managed to make the Mondeo driving experience so detached and numb.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 March 2023, 19:23:15 »

Having test driven both when I was looking to replace the Omega, I can assure you that that's where the similarity ends. ;D

Not sure how they managed to make the Mondeo driving experience so detached and numb.
Volvo parts :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 March 2023, 09:25:31 »

Within PAG, Volvo didn't actually partake into technology sharing, in much the same way that Saab didn't really with GM, until the god awful Vectra-C was enforced on them.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18 March 2023, 10:36:30 »

Within PAG, Volvo didn't actually partake into technology sharing, in much the same way that Saab didn't really with GM, until the god awful Vectra-C was enforced on them.

I'm glad this sack of shit is wholly unrelated to the bespoke and desirable Signum. :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 March 2023, 12:05:24 »

....  until the god awful Vectra-C was enforced on them.

I'm glad this sack of shit is wholly unrelated to the bespoke and desirable Signum. :)
Signum was born of Vectra C  ;)
A Vectra C fed on sweets and junk food till it was very fat ,then beaten to within an inch of it's life with an ugly stick  :D

You'd think in this "woke" day and age ,such design abuse would be stamped out  :-\
but you only have to look at Vauxhall's current range  :o to see it hasn't  :P

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 March 2023, 13:03:36 »

Elitist twaddle.  :P ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.