Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW CAR TAX RATES    (Read 3676 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
NEW CAR TAX RATES  
« on: 21 March 2007, 18:23:45 »

Well here is the link to the DVLA site with the new rates, they did'nt waste anytime, mine is due end of May, but it only talks about vcars registered after March 2001, so given mine is Jan 2001 I should still get the lower rate?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CAR TAX RATES  
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2007, 18:31:54 »

yep I am still safe  :D

My 2000 2.2 CD Omega pays £175 tax per year (not looked if its changed yet)

My dads 2001 2.2 CD Omega pays £190 in tax!

Bloody typical, just as i begin to finish Uni and start eyeing up 4.0 Supercharged Jag's they wack up the Tax!!  >:(

Edit - Bugger, just seen its £180
« Last Edit: 21 March 2007, 18:32:47 by tunnie »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2007, 18:34:21 »

having said that i am still prepared to pay Road Tax, after driving on roads in America which are in a shocking state. I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.

Btw what are the emmisons of the Omega engines, i seam to remember them being rather dirty?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2007, 18:37:48 »

My 3.2 is 284. I think all except the diseasels are in Band F.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2007, 18:40:19 »

Kevin

Luckily this will affect no Omega's as that new band is for cars made after 1st March 2006  :)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2007, 18:52:49 »

Kevin

Luckily this will affect no Omega's as that new band is for cars made after 1st March 2006  :)

That being the case pre-march 2001 we're pretty much safe from the large hikes :y...start picking up later omegas cheap now :y ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2007, 19:23:12 »

Fuel has gone up a lot - nearly 3p a litre for LPG, time to find heating gas >:( ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2007, 19:38:01 »

having said that i am still prepared to pay Road Tax, after driving on roads in America which are in a shocking state. I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.
After wrecking a tyre, and wiping out my geometry, I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.  I've been paying my tax, when are those useless council idiots going to fix the roads  >:(
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2007, 19:47:04 »

The're fixing the roads near me- or at least they better be. One road on my normal commute has been closed for 2 or 3 weeks  :o no signs of anything but workers having tea breaks though  >:(. 2 Sets of temporary traffic lights as well.

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2007, 19:48:40 »

The're fixing the roads near me- or at least they better be. One road on my normal commute has been closed for 2 or 3 weeks  :o no signs of anything but workers having tea breaks though  >:(. 2 Sets of temporary traffic lights as well.

Kevin

Round this may, they patch up as cheaply as possible. Repair tends to last a week or 2, then they do it again, and so on...
Grumpy old man

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2007, 20:33:16 »

Had a mate with a highly tuned Mini 1300, 4 DCOE's etc The Dog Wotsits...  He caught a pot hole in Stoke-on-Trent, I suspect that because his suspension was rock hard, it made a right mess under yonder...  He had it recovered, photo's of hole, damage and witness report...  approached the council they said tough!  He paid £30 for a solicitors letter to them, he got it fully repaired and new alloys too, one was very slightly buckled, 1 would have been odd, set of 4 needed...other than that, the road was very quickly repaired too, strangely better than the normal bodge up!  SORRY I DIGRESSED, However, a  little bedtime tale for you all..

Goodnight Dave C and the Ovaltinies
Do it right, do it once................

rob.b.666

• Blackpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2007, 20:40:03 »

There aren't any emissions details for car registered prior to 2001, so the old rules still aplly - i.e. under 1550-odd cc and over.

Glad is won't affect mine as bloke on radio said it would affect those with 4x4's, sports cars and large family cars, so I was worried for a while there.........'til I got home  and checked it out for myself !
My most hated six words...... 'It's a common problem on Vauxhalls' ...........arrrggghh !!!!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2007, 20:44:17 »

bloke on radio said it would affect those with 4x4's, sports cars and large family cars, so I was worried for a while there

They do like to stir up a bit of hysteria!

I think we're relatively safe until there are only a relatively small number of cars in that category. Then there'll be less votes to lose and they'll whack it up.

Kevin

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2007, 21:29:06 »

Had a mate with a highly tuned Mini 1300, 4 DCOE's etc The Dog Wotsits...  He caught a pot hole in Stoke-on-Trent, I suspect that because his suspension was rock hard, it made a right mess under yonder...  He had it recovered, photo's of hole, damage and witness report...  approached the council they said tough!  He paid £30 for a solicitors letter to them, he got it fully repaired and new alloys too, one was very slightly buckled, 1 would have been odd, set of 4 needed...other than that, the road was very quickly repaired too, strangely better than the normal bodge up!  SORRY I DIGRESSED, However, a  little bedtime tale for you all..

Goodnight Dave C and the Ovaltinies
Thats why the councils sub contract to contractors who sub contract again.  That way, each party can wash their hands of it.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2007, 21:41:09 »

I notice the robbing git made a big deal about income tax being reduced......then banged up national insurance to compensate.....meaning that most will be worse off as a result.....
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.