Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3040793 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24975 on: 08 March 2023, 10:28:12 »

Your ML may be new enough to have escaped the booster recall :-\ Easy enough to check viable the DVLA MoT history checker ;)....

It does escape it :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24976 on: 08 March 2023, 10:32:58 »

... .
 so would have had the recall for it in 2017.  :-X) the sensor and any breakdown in the meantime... Probably.

I got a letter for my car's software 'upgrade' .... I ignored it. Got another letter which I also ignored. MB then phoned me to ask when I wanted to book my car in, I told them I wasn't prepared to let them do it partly because it's not a mandatory recall here in Blighty, OK she said & that was it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24977 on: 08 March 2023, 10:35:15 »

... .
 so would have had the recall for it in 2017.  :-X) the sensor and any breakdown in the meantime... Probably.

I got a letter for my car's software 'upgrade' .... I ignored it. Got another letter which I also ignored. MB then phoned me to ask when I wanted to book my car in, I told them I wasn't prepared to let them do it partly because it's not a mandatory recall here in Blighty, OK she said & that was it.
Makes you wonder if they're being pressured into doing it by the powers that be instead of gonna to court for emissions fraud. :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24978 on: 08 March 2023, 10:37:23 »

Well, been set the health report for the Alabama Mumsybus... Apparantly all for tyres need replacing due to being at  4.5mm ;D

More of a concern, apparantly the gearbox sump is leaking. That was brand new last week  ???

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24979 on: 08 March 2023, 11:01:01 »

Drove it back to Mercedes for them to have another go at the brake booster recall.

Does your Merc have electric power steering?
I ask because I got a recall letter from MB saying that they need to look at 3 bolts between the motor & the rack .... something about rust.
I 'm reluctant to take it due to the 'recall' re their emissions software update. The web is full of tales re the update & NOX sensors then failing, and owners taking their car in for other work to then find out that MB have done the update without their knowledge or permission.
There's also another recall re water ingress into the spare wheel well ....
We got a letter from Vx last year asking us to make an appointment for them to 'upgrade', not 'update', the emissions software. I immediately stopped taking it to them for services, lots of tales of loss of power on the forums.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24980 on: 08 March 2023, 11:46:08 »

Nothing. I never do anything to my car. I don't even wash it myself, and I haven't cleaned the inside for months. It just gets dirty again. Never mind.  ;D
I can't wash it. I blame Brexit ;D. All the Eastern European hand washes hear have disappeared, and I aint paying Tesco's mob £25 to just pressure wash it.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24981 on: 08 March 2023, 11:48:31 »

... .

Makes you wonder if they're being pressured into doing it by the powers that be instead of gonna to court for emissions fraud. :-\
They can charge the manufacturer for doing it, albeit at a reduced rate, so the service departments are keen.  But as most of these things are set and forget whilst it does it, ideal job to do at tea-break time, which helps with commission, so the knuckle draggers are also keen.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24982 on: 08 March 2023, 11:49:24 »

Well, been set the health report for the Alabama Mumsybus... Apparantly all for tyres need replacing due to being at  4.5mm ;D

More of a concern, apparantly the gearbox sump is leaking. That was brand new last week  ???
So, is it really leaking, and if so, have they loosened it.  Sounds like a typical shitty dealer touting for easy extras.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24983 on: 08 March 2023, 12:13:49 »

Took the Range Rover out the garage first time in two weeks, having a run out to Hunstanton, meeting some friends over there for a fish & chip lunch ( best in the area) and probably a pint, my kind of day..😄
Went into a pub/hotel called The Lodge in Old Hunstanton last week. Was visiting my eldest son at his holibob let at Heacham. Had a really good fish and chip lunch there. :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24984 on: 08 March 2023, 12:15:47 »

Great fire of London
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24985 on: 08 March 2023, 12:17:38 »

So, is it really leaking, and if so, have they loosened it.  Sounds like a typical shitty dealer touting for easy extras.
It is a brand new sump pan fitted with a gearbox service on Friday last week. To be fair to the garage that did the sump, they're taking it in first thing tomorrow to get it sorted.

But yeah, tried to foist a set of tyres on me when the average depth is over 4.5mm, and one tyre apparently has 'cuts to a depth of near the cords' and 5mm of tread across it and therefore needs changing.  >:(

I told him that they were still legal and once it is MoTd I can get them done then if I keep it. Otherwise it will be SEP :D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24986 on: 08 March 2023, 12:48:41 »

We got a letter from Vx last year asking us to make an appointment for them to 'upgrade', not 'update', the emissions software. I immediately stopped taking it to them for services, lots of tales of loss of power on the forums.

I forget now how MB phrased it ..... I'm sure I could find their letter if I wanted to  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24987 on: 08 March 2023, 12:51:57 »

I forget now how MB phrased it ..... I'm sure I could find their letter if I wanted to  ::)
What I meant was, they class it as an upgrade, making it sound like they're giving you something for free.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24988 on: 08 March 2023, 12:54:05 »

What I meant was, they class it as an upgrade, making it sound like they're giving you something for free.

I realised that  ;) .... I just could think how MB phrased it - upgrade or update  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24989 on: 09 March 2023, 13:06:27 »

Took the Range Rover out the garage first time in two weeks, having a run out to Hunstanton, meeting some friends over there for a fish & chip lunch ( best in the area) and probably a pint, my kind of day..😄
Went into a pub/hotel called The Lodge in Old Hunstanton last week. Was visiting my eldest son at his holibob let at Heacham. Had a really good fish and chip lunch there. :y
Many of my childhood holidays were at Heacham, as my "Aunt and Uncle" (not really related, just family friends) used to run a caravan park on the seafront.
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.