Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: supercharger on mv6  (Read 3695 times)

paulgsi

• View Profile
Re: supercharger on mv6
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2011, 02:43:46 »

hi , ya its running all right , just busy converting from auto to manual , hooked up the charger its boosting 4psi , so going to swap pulleys to bring it up to 6 or 7 , must change rocker gaskets , as i was boosting it , with the oil breather still connected to the inlet manifold , which ruined my rocker gaskets , going stripping out all the aircon stuff tomor to see if i can mount up a intercooler and pipework , waiting on my new ecu to arive ,must make a custom loom for it , dont want to drive it on standard ecu

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 23 January 2011, 10:53:03 »

hi , ya its running all right , just busy converting from auto to manual , hooked up the charger its boosting 4psi , so going to swap pulleys to bring it up to 6 or 7 , must change rocker gaskets , as i was boosting it , with the oil breather still connected to the inlet manifold , which ruined my rocker gaskets , going stripping out all the aircon stuff tomor to see if i can mount up a intercooler and pipework , waiting on my new ecu to arive ,must make a custom loom for it , dont want to drive it on standard ecu

Don't like that idea ;D ;D ;D ;D

paulgsi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2011, 18:08:34 »

heres a short vid for ye , not half finished yet tho , another few weeks i hope to be running and ready for mapping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUEt-gk8dw
what ye think

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2011, 19:44:02 »

For the pressurising of the crank case with boost pressure, what solution are you going to run?

I didn't like the idea of running with no kind of crankcase ventilation on the MR2, so went with these: http://www.et-performance.com/turbo.html (essentially one-way valves)

paulgsi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2011, 20:35:05 »

never seen them gadgets before , or even thaught of the idea of using a one way valve , to be honest i temporarily sealed off the black plastic breather cover until i can get the hole in the plenum chamber welded up , and then ill just discreetly extend the pipe coming from the crank case and have it running down the back of the engine and close to the road so it can vent as much as it likes  8-)
i have all the aircon hardware removed , the 2 fans condensor and pump and pipework weigh a ton lol glad to have that gone , every little helps

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2011, 20:36:05 »

heres a short vid for ye , not half finished yet tho , another few weeks i hope to be running and ready for mapping
what ye think
sound nice :y  from what model of merc you got Eaton 62??
where about in UK you are any chence to come and have look project??
can you post some more info about parts what need for this job ??
thanks

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2011, 20:49:50 »

what ye think
sound nice :y  from what model of merc you got Eaton 62??
where about in UK you are any chence to come and have look project??
can you post some more info about parts what need for this job ??
thanks

.........thought you'd be interested mate!

2Woody is suspiciously quiet though...................
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2011, 21:18:57 »

never seen them gadgets before , or even thaught of the idea of using a one way valve , to be honest i temporarily sealed off the black plastic breather cover until i can get the hole in the plenum chamber welded up , and then ill just discreetly extend the pipe coming from the crank case and have it running down the back of the engine and close to the road so it can vent as much as it likes  8-)
i have all the aircon hardware removed , the 2 fans condensor and pump and pipework weigh a ton lol glad to have that gone , every little helps

Not so good if it starts venting oil from the crank case (well, oil mist) .. for everyone else, anyway!

But .. without any suck or blow through the crankcase there'll be very little venting going on - and no through-draft to remove the acidic & corrosive gases from the crankcase.

Much better to use a one-way valve like that to allow vacuum at idle & off boost to evacuate the gasses into the combustion chamber as nature intended and then seal off on boost..

Or at least stick a catch-can and breather filter on there to catch any oil.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2011, 10:54:13 »

This might be a more cost-effective solution:

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/category/Fuel_System/Non_Return_Valves,b.html

I would just connect the large breather to a catch tank and the smaller one through a one-way valve to the intake. Gives a little purging of the crankcase at idle and, well, under boost it will probably do the job well enough with just the catch tank. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2011, 11:00:23 »

True :) Heck, you could also just thieve (I mean, buy, from a scrappies) a one-way valve from the brake servo system on any factory turbo/supercharged car .. I have a couple of those lying around in my toolbox.

Which reminds me - it's worth thinking about adding one to the brake servo line. Although at 4-6psi, probably not really that big a deal.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2011, 11:02:15 by aaronjb »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2011, 11:52:29 »

True :) Heck, you could also just thieve (I mean, buy, from a scrappies) a one-way valve from the brake servo system on any factory turbo/supercharged car .. I have a couple of those lying around in my toolbox.

Which reminds me - it's worth thinking about adding one to the brake servo line. Although at 4-6psi, probably not really that big a deal.

They're a bit like fuses and relays, you mean? just keep fallijng off the cars into your pockets. I know. ::)

I wish I could stop them doing that. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 January 2011, 13:13:17 »

I'm only sporadically about at the moment. Spending most of my time on Sailsbury Plain with the Army.

In my spare couple of hours last weekend, I did get to confirm that an M90 will fit on top of the Omega V6 mind.....

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2011, 13:21:31 »

I reckon if it was possible to get a reliable (as reliable as these things ever are!) 40-50bhp extra out of the stock bottom end, it'd be a great modification..

So please don't say it's possible. I'm not supposed to be modifying this car.  ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2011, 19:32:52 »

I reckon if it was possible to get a reliable (as reliable as these things ever are!) 40-50bhp extra out of the stock bottom end, it'd be a great modification..

So please don't say it's possible. I'm not supposed to be modifying this car.  ;D

;D  possible.. ;D :y

seriously needs a better cooling system for both oil and coolant.. :-/

paulgsi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 April 2011, 00:25:23 »

hi guys sorry no update for a while , picked up a crashed monaro so im going to transfer running gear into my omega.

Would have liked to have finished off the project totally but i always wanted v8 power , cheers

Edit by h21 to comfort to forum guidelines.  :y
« Last Edit: 15 April 2011, 13:02:09 by hotel21 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.