Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris says pubs, etc, can open.....  (Read 6539 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Boris says pubs, etc, can open.....
« Reply #30 on: 24 June 2020, 14:14:39 »

Coming soon near you the second wave 😃😀😄 it's just going to happen, far too soon & a lot of folk are just plain fu**ing stupid.

The NHS and care homes have been quietly told we are looking at October for the 2nd wave  :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 June 2020, 15:23:42 »

I still don't get why it's called "Black lives matter" and not "Black, asian and minority ethnic lives matter"  :-\
sounds a bit elitist to me ,if your not "black" you can't be included  :-\
plus there where and still are "white slaves"

not that my comments are anything to do with the original topic  :-[   ;D :D

Opti leading me astray again  :P

Generally speaking he black community don't like the Asian community. They don't tend to mix. :)

There are sections of the black community that don't like each other as well, notably Africans and Caribbeans.

I have a friend who was born in Uganda, but came to the UK when he was small with his family, when Idi Amin was keeping people's heads in fridges.  ::)

Anyway his sister had a new boyfriend whose family hailed from Jamaica and her family weren't at all happy about it.  ::)  Not sure what his family thought of him going out with an 'African' girl mind.  :-\

I thought my friends Ugandan family were rather snobby about Wayne the 'Jamaican' with the gold tooth innit.  :)

Yep, too true.  A close friend of mine has a black Jamaican partner, and when he is on a rant about Black Africans for some reason or another the "N" word is expressed very freely!! ::) ::) ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 June 2020, 15:33:51 »

Surely not...

'Nigerian'  :o
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 June 2020, 16:10:05 »

I still don't get why it's called "Black lives matter" and not "Black, asian and minority ethnic lives matter"  :-\
sounds a bit elitist to me ,if your not "black" you can't be included  :-\
plus there where and still are "white slaves"

not that my comments are anything to do with the original topic  :-[   ;D :D

Opti leading me astray again  :P
Heard this morning, Jeremy Whine i think, that there is a move afoot to dispense with the BAME anacronym. WTF, i've only just got used to that one. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 24 June 2020, 16:37:39 »

Another 154 lost their lives since yesterday. It's certainly not completely over.

I'll be doing the coronavirus daily update from now on, since Boris can't be arsed.  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 June 2020, 16:48:00 »

Another 154 lost their lives since yesterday. It's certainly not completely over.

I'll be doing the coronavirus daily update from now on, since Boris can't be arsed.  ;D

Probably be a damn site more accurate coming from you Steve even at a "modest" 150 per day that's over 1000 per week or looking at it differently 2-3 plane crashes per week.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 24 June 2020, 16:55:57 »

Probably be a damn site more accurate coming from you Steve even at a "modest" 150 per day that's over 1000 per week or looking at it differently 2-3 plane crashes per week.
It's a lot when you put it like that  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 June 2020, 16:56:37 »

More people in the UK have been tested than the number of people globally who have had it... which by the way, is a ridiculously small percentage of the global population :-X

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 June 2020, 17:00:28 »

More people in the UK have been tested than the number of people globally who have had it... which by the way, is a ridiculously small percentage of the global population :-X

I'm sure that will be very comforting to the 40,000 odd that have perished so far..😩
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24 June 2020, 17:11:59 »

It won't. Obviously.

Regardless, 42,000 sounds like a lot, but as a percentage of 67,000,000, it really isn't. And that's just the UK.

And just in case you think I am a heartless bastard, the tone of the following video pretty much sums up the mental anguish of everything that's been going on since February...

RIP Patrick Childress :-X

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 June 2020, 17:19:36 »

It won't. Obviously.

Regardless, 42,000 sounds like a lot, but as a percentage of 67,000,000, it really isn't. And that's just the UK.

And just in case you think I am a heartless bastard, the tone of the following video pretty much sums up the mental anguish of everything that's been going on since February...

Really don't need to be fed videos I'm very aware of what's been going on  , have seen three ex colleagues from the LAS lose their lives to this virus & also an elderly neighbour , in my book 42,000 is a lot regardless of our population.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 June 2020, 18:18:17 »

It won't. Obviously.

Really don't need to be fed videos I'm very aware of what's been going on  , have seen three ex colleagues from the LAS lose their lives to this virus & also an elderly neighbour , in my book 42,000 is a lot regardless of our population.

I understand what you mean, as every life is important.  However what DG was emphasising I believe is that, as usual, in 2018 541,589 deaths occurred in just England and Wales.  Every year we lose people, like I have lost my parents over the last 5 years, and two friends.

We are born to die etc, etc., so as painful as it may seem the loss from this virus 42,000 is low compared to how it could have been a LOT worse - and still could be if the idiots are let lose - like the 228,000 British lives lost to Spanish Flue in 1918 or the earlier Black Death 1348-51 that wiped out 50-60% of the English population alone.

So, 42,000 is terrible, but, once again, it must be said it could be a lot worse. :'( :'(

mars

• Omega Baron
  • Cannock, Staffordshire
    • Vivaro Sportive BMW 330d
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 June 2020, 21:38:32 »

The Police will have their work cut out on the evening of 4th July. I have seen posts on social media such as "Who's up for a few beers on 4th July?" with several replies of "Count me in ... i'm gonna get absolutely hammered!" etc.
It's going to be a riotous weekend!

There is no such thing as bad beer, some beers are better than others.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25 June 2020, 00:49:48 »

A long way to go yet before this is close to being over.Several states in America are seeing a rapid rise in infections worryingly[for me as my son lives there]is California where he tells me a third of all their confirmed cases have been reported in the last two weeks.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25 June 2020, 08:23:35 »

A long way to go yet before this is close to being over.Several states in America are seeing a rapid rise in infections worryingly[for me as my son lives there]is California where he tells me a third of all their confirmed cases have been reported in the last two weeks.

As the saying goes " you all ain't seen nothing yet"  you just know it's going to happen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.