Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 petrol advice please.  (Read 2260 times)

Martin_1962

Re: 2.2 petrol advice please.
« Reply #15 on: 25 November 2006, 22:41:00 »

Motorway today 18-20 one way and 30 or over back

strong head wind & high speeds (over 3500rpm)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2006, 23:34:29 »

It depends where you live too - up north we have things called hills which seriously affect MPG.  Best run Iv'e had was 20/25 miles in slow traffic on an A road - 50 mph average returned 40 MPG - round town daily drag 22 MPG.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Nige

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 December 2006, 09:09:37 »

I have a 2.2 sport estate auto, cannot get above 29.5 on a tank of petrol even driving like miss daisy!
Do a daily run to work 40 miles along dual carriage and motorway (at about 70ish), seems like all you guys get better economy maybe i need to clean something ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 December 2006, 18:00:42 »

I have a 2.2 sport estate auto, cannot get above 29.5 on a tank of petrol even driving like miss daisy!
Do a daily run to work 40 miles along dual carriage and motorway (at about 70ish), seems like all you guys get better economy maybe i need to clean something ?
Clean all the breathers thoroughly, and throttle body as well.  On that sort of journey, I would expect high twenties/30mpg from my 3.0l, depending how much town driving is involved...
Grumpy old man

Nige

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2006, 20:37:07 »

Clean all the breathers thoroughly, and throttle body as well.  On that sort of journey, I would expect high twenties/30mpg from my 3.0l, depending how much town driving is involved...

Sorry, complete novice here, can't see any guides on the forum, what are the breathers, and throttle body sounds a major job?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 December 2006, 22:05:36 »

Sorry, complete novice here, can't see any guides on the forum, what are the breathers, and throttle body sounds a major job?

It sounds it but its not. I cleaned my 2.2 breathers, took less than 10 mins. (Also that was my first time cleaning them)

Check out the maintenance guide section for how2's, i basically just involves cleaning the crap out!  

On the 2.2 there is a very thin pipe which allows the engine to breathe (air) after time this gets blocked up, i cleaned mine out with an old wire coat hanger with some cloth on it, covered in carb cleaner..... passed that a few times, tones of rubbish came out.

noticed a big differnce in performance and mpg, i suspect they had never been cleaned
« Last Edit: 24 December 2006, 22:11:26 by tunnie »

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 December 2006, 22:55:27 »

Just click here for the link http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1162397695. If you are a complete novice just clean all the hoses inc the little one mentioned by Tunnie - leave the trottle body housing for now & see how you get on.  You'll need a small metal gasket that sits on top of the sump at the base of the metal breather pipe - costs about 70p from Vx and that's it. Your car will feel more responsive too.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.